Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar

Go down 
+11
Rex
Fear An Geata
Ogie
Sam1928
carburyman
flourman
Admin
Taibi
Bad News Baba
if_in_doubt
AYearInPictures2011
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AYearInPictures2011
Junior C
Junior C

Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 am

In the run-up to Christmas, people might be interested to know that "Kildare GAA - A Year In Pictures 2011" & Kildare GAA Official 2012 Calendar are now on sale in Siopa Cill Dara on the avenue in the Whitewater Shopping Centre in Newbridge & across the county in various locations, including SuperValu stores.

The book is a picture illustration of our County Teams in action throughout 2011 in both hurling and football. It documents our success, failure, passion and controversy. It shows times of joy and sadness. Most of all it shows moments pride from all our players who wore the Kildare Lilywhite jersey and also from the huge numbers of dedicated and loyal supporters of Kildare GAA. It retails at €20.

The calendar includes snapshots of County Teams & themes and includes all the vital GAA dates for all loyal Lilywhite fans. It retails at €10.

The plan is to continue with both ventures next year, so let us know your comments on both.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:18 am

Good to hear and fair play for letting us know about it.

Any chance of putting a up a few of the photo's included for those of us who won't have the chance to see these in the shops for a while?

If it's something that's going to be continued into the coming years then how about looking for fans to send in their own photo's at some stage next year to be considered for publication, might be a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:01 am

That's great to know thanks. I have had a passing look at it and it looks really good.

There is a however though, I don't post that often unless something catches my attention. Now as good as it is to get this information does it not seem strange that the people that were horrified, angry and threatened some kind of legal action would now use the forum to sell their wares. I'm glad they see the amount of exposure they can get after their own forum was boycotted but it reeks of double standards.

I suppose when needs must you might have to "sleep with the enemy".

Maybe I'm being hyper sensitive. The book looks good anyway. Hope it sells well.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:39 am

Is this not spam?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:35 am

No it's not spam and the advertising is very welcome .

Thanks for letting us know. Anything that benefits Kildare GAA is very welcome in here.

And anyone who wishes to advertise anything in future got to do with Kildare GAA are more than Welcome to do so.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Taibi wrote:
Is this not spam?

I would put most of your posts in the Spam category. As has been stated already, you really do offer nothing to this forum.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Lads just to let everyone know also Lily O' Briens Kildare GAA themed boxes of chocolates, ideal stocking filler presents for die hard fans are also available in Siopa Cill Dara in the White Water.

There's also chocolate footballs with Kildare GAA tags on them.

These would be great presents for Christmas whilst also contributing towards Kildare GAA.

Everyone loves chocolate and at the same time you'd be contributing to the pot in our quest to bring Sam and Mr Delaney back to Kildare.

Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Saw these chocolates in shop on Sunday,they look really well.
Will buy a few for Christmas and know that the money raised will help kildare in there quest in 2012
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:51 am

Just been sent this . Looks excellent. Congratulations to all involved.

Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Kildar14
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:53 am

Gonna git me one of them there calendars to brighten up the office in 2012. Kildare GAA Stressballs would also be handy in my place for next year. Thanks for letting us know man!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:01 am

Bring back Carol for Christmas.

That is all
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:06 am

To clarify, a Carol calendar. But you can start Sam
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:33 am

They really look good,every die hard kildare fan should a least buy one box of chocolates over the Christmas,and when we win sam in sept 2012 it will have been all worth it.
Well done to all who managed to get these out there
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Ogie wrote:

That is all

Go on then...just for christmas!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:58 pm

Ogie wrote:

That is all

Happy Xmas Ogie.

Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Carol-11
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:59 am

That's not Carol Fear, but I appreciate the effort...

Sam, you're a star
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:02 am

Think you'll find it is Ogie, unless someone photoshopped her head onto somone elses body.

http://www.123people.com/s/carol+vorderman
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:16 am

photoshop all day long there fear.

I have the better half getting me the book as a stocking filler for Christmas. Looking forward to having a good read through it. It will bring back some horrible memories but also some brilliant ones.

A 15 point humping of Laois in their own back yard (which I still have on the Sky Box and will be viewed with a couple of cold ones over the festive period) followed by sending the Royals packing in their house as well. Hopefully Joe Sheridan managed to make it out of Mick Foley's pocket to get home for Christmas.

The year ended poorly but we had a hell of a ride to get there.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Its a pity the GAA dont commission DVD highlights of the year for all 32 counties to include inter county and maybe county finals as well. In the era of merchandising Im sure they would sell well.

With the less successful counties Im sure they would recoup at least the costs of production while other counties should generate profit.

Like Rex has there I'd love to have highlights each year of Kildare's season.

With our own shop now maybe Kildare should look at this for next year. Im sure it would sell very well at christmas time. In a year when the county team does bad then you could show a bit more of the club finals or club leinster games.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Sam, that is a major rights issue, which is sewn up by RTE with Croke Park. You need permission to even film Kildare games in St Conleth's Park. But, get onto Sideline Productions (info@sideline.ie), they are the company that produce the end of year DVD - this year the focus is on Dublin's win and see what they think of the idea. I don't know what happened the DVD/Video of GAA Highlights of the Year in both Football and Hurling.
Back to top Go down
AYearInPictures2011
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:42 pm

With the Kildare Senior Footballers in Siopa Cill Dara on Saturday for their Toy Appeal between 3-6pm, it gives you an ideal opportunity to get your "Kildare GAA - A Year In Pictures 2011" and 2012 Kildare GAA official calendar signed.

The book & calender are also available in:

* Hacketts, Rathangan

* Day Break & Smullen's, Derrinturn

* Day Break, Allenwood

* Milltown Shop

* Spar, Allenwood

* Londis, Johnstownbridge

* Centra, Kilcock

* Londis, Maynooth

* Supervalu. Leixlip

* Eurospar, Leixlip

* Spar, Celbridge

* Mace, Straffan

* Baker & Jones, Naas

* Eurospar, Naas

* Toughers, Naas

* Tesco, Newbridge

* Supervalu, Monasterevin

* Mayfield Junction 14, Monasterevin

* Farrells Bookshop, Newbridge

* Brennans Garage, Newbridge

* Fitzpatrick Garage, Kildare Town

* Southwells, Kildare Town

* TP Waters Seat Garage, Kildare Town
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:34 am

What I would love is a DVD of the 98 and 2000 Leinster finals. They would sell like hot cakes as you can't get any clips on youtube or other media sites.

Maybe they can be sourced for next year, in Blu-Ray HD and in 3D please Smile
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:14 am

I have the leinster final 2000 the drawn game on tape.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:37 am

i have them all on tape watched the kerry semi in 98 the other night poor maurice met his match that day. we even bet them without buckley but they wouldnt be a patch on the kerry teams over the last 10years
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Send a copy of that to me!! Id love to see the semi final again! Although being 4 years old that year, the only thing i remember from that match was being on the hill and then getting on the pitch at the end on me fathers shoulders!
Didint they have a dissallowed goal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar   Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare GAA Official Book & Calendar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next