Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geezer post match interview on KFM

Go down 
+18
walsheman
MD
peile
carburyman
turdman tackle
flourman
kartman
rgb
analysis
shortgrass
Ohtoohtobe
Cilldara_2000
Stonecold
Jimmy winning matches
abl
bob12
Yellow Pearl
Rex
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Geezer post match interview on KFM Empty
PostSubject: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:03 am

As usual plenty of straight talking from manager, one interesting part was when the journalists asked him about staying on for a couple more years.

Now I'm no mind reader but to me it was pretty obvious that he wants to stay for a couple of more years.
He said that it takes time to get the players mentally right to win big games and that the Kildare team is very young and has the talent that is needed.

He has been playing with a half deck all year with injuries and probably has learnt more in the last four weeks than at any time in his tenure.

Now I think it's known that he does not see eye to eye with our Chairman and I can see this becoming a problem as clashes between chairman and manager are not good.

If Mr. Ashe has any brains at all he will put his issues to one side and give the man the extra time he wants.

Last edited by JME on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed ego reference)
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:29 am

Facinating interview aright. Took no shit from the media vultures.
Geezer is a man who will not under any circumstances suffer fools. The big problem is, Ashe is a fool, a power hungry fool who has insulated himself with arse kissers and cronies. If it were to come down to a choice between Kieran McGeeney and Ashe, Id gladly send Ashe packing!
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:37 am

any link 4 de interview??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:59 am

I Have said all along regardless what happens this year and the Antrim game has only copper fastened my belief that mcgeeney must be kept.
In the past we struggled to even win qualifier games against the likes of Sligo, Roscommon and Louth at home.
Now we're able to go away from home and win games in the qualifiers.

He has brought through players like mcgrillen, Flanagan, Smith, Morgan and Eoghan flats, cribben and has the likes of kavanagh, Flynn, paidi, dermot, Sweeney playing the football of their career...
All star nominations prove this.
McGeeney has full respect of all the players, and the unity and friendship in the squad is plain for all to see.

Whatever horse Ashe is on he may come down it fairly soon.
We're the ones who attend the matches and pay on the gate and fund Kildare GAA.

Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:23 am

Dont know if anbody else has noticed this but the 2 games against Antrim Aidan O Rourke seems to have taken a more active roll on the sideline and seems to be the one who is running on and giving the instructions now
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:38 am

that meeting after louth game has done the job.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:35 am

Wow Ashe vs Geezer now there's a toughie...... not
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:41 am

Do we have any firm evidence for this supposed feud? Or is it all hearsay, rumour and nonsense?

Anyway, everyone should let their county board delegates know that we are fully behind McGeeney in case it does arise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:05 am

How fickle some people are, where are the geezer out brigade, or did the die with the official forum???
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:49 am

JME you say this personality clash is well documented.
So give us some examples, some proof.
I'd wager that what's actually happening is you're just going with something you heard in the pub.
No harm discussing the possibility of geezer staying on and a potential personality clash but you're reciting rumour as fact, unless they conduct any arguments they have in front of you.
More than that, using a pseudonym you call Padraig Ashe an ego in a suit and suggest that he's stupid.
And you wouldn't have written any of that after the Louth match.
Lads the problem in this county is one defeat and we're forever doomed and Geezer must go because it was all Grimley and one win and we're world beaters and we must stop the mindless suits from driving the saviour out.
McGeeney is a developing manager doing a good job. I hope he stays. As to whether we're shite or we're world beaters, the truth is probably somewhere in between.
As for some of the other posts since the Antrim game, you have lads screaming "I told you so" when the vast majority of them most certainly did not.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:13 am

Ohtoo, I can't say for sure obviously, but the word was that they both clashed over the extra round of the club championship that was thrown in without telling anyone.

Secondly, I bet he is far from stupid, but there is a personality clash there that was not there when Merrins was in charge.

Maybe I'm being harsh on him referring to an ego so I'l edit that, but what sums him up in my eyes was his attitude towards the old forum and the Kildare gaa website in General
Remember in his first speech after becoming chairman he used it as a stick to beat genuine supporters who wanted to share their opinion on their county.

Now the forum has been deleted, which is censorship in my eyes.

As for the The Louth result that has nothing to do with it, we were not a bad team before it and we are not a bad team after it. The same as we are not a great team after last night.

The way I see it is the more matches they win the more Geezer builds himself a position of strength that Ashe will not be able to overcome.

He already has the backing of the players, the majority of fans not all but most with a brain in my view and it is only my view it's a easy decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Ohtoo, where are they "I told you so" posts in which you refer to??

Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:39 pm

I really hope Ashe is not on a power trip and is there for the good of Kildare football and will make decisions based on that.... Now I know upto now this may not look like the case (e.g. shutting down the official forum), and time will tell.... If Kildare have a good run in the qualifiers (and there is no reason they cannot as I think they are improving with every game and have no where near peaked) then it will be very informative how Ashe handles Geezer.... If he re-appoints Geezer based on a good run and confidence that we are on the right track, well then I'll be the first to take my hat off... However if it goes the other way, then things become a lot clearer to me anyway..

Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:31 pm

bob12 wrote:
any link 4 de interview??

Kfm website says they'll have the interview up by lunch time today, looking forward to listening to it!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:15 pm

JME fair enough but I think to move from a disagreement over club fixtures to a conclusion that Ashe wants rid of McGeeney is a bit of a leap.

Fionn I looked back over posts here and in fairness I exaggerated with my "screaming they told you so" comment, but on the old official forum after every good Kildare win you'd have lads saying anyone who criticised the team after, say, the Wicklow match in 08 was stupid and they always knew Kildare would come good, when they didn't write that after the match itself.

Same this year, if we get on a run lads will be talking about those of little faith who were critical after the Louth match. In fairness anyone with a brain would have been critical after the Louth match. It was an awful performance and I'm sure the squad know that.

On the upside it's starting to feel like 08 again. Even though the qualifiers are full of good teams, I would fancy us against any of them, with the possible exception of Cork.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:25 pm

In fairness anyone with a brain would have took an objective view after the Louth match.
We had a bad day at the office.
The performance was awful, that i agree with. We were caught cold on the day.

On the old forum we had people starting polls whether Geezer should stay or go, after 1 disappointing performance in the championship. That is hair brained stuff altogether.
Other people saying after the poor League we had he must go also.
We've had nothing like a settled team all year, not even for the championship due to injuries and suspensions.
Since when does a manager be judged on the League, unless your being beaten in every game by 7 or 8 points.

Personally it doesnt feel like 08,09 or 10. It feels like we beat Antrim on Sunday, we're showing a little something in the line of form and we have Leitrim coming to Newbridge on Saturday that we must be 100% focussed on.

Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Lads, spare me the crap about depicting Padraig Ashe as some evil genius hell-bent on destroying McGeeney's plans to save Kildare. FFS lads, he's chairman of the County Board-of course he wants Kildare to be successful. Yes he is a bit pompous and full of himself that's nothing to do with what's going on here.

Now I'm open to correction on this, but I was under the impression that the executive (Ashe, Kathleen O'Neill etc.) were personally NOT in favour of Round 2 of the club championship going ahead when it did. However, a majority of the clubs voted for it, so it happened. Of course McGeeney wouldn't have been happy with it and I presume he let Ashe know that. As o2b says, that hardly amounts to a situation where Ashe wants rid of McGeeney.

As for shutting down the official forum, Kildare County Board couldn't be seen to stand over some of the things that were being said on their website purely in the defence of freedom of speech. I can't believe it lasted as long as it did, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:33 pm

JME wrote:
Ohtoo, I can't say for sure obviously, but the word was that they both clashed over the extra round of the club championship that was thrown in without telling anyone.

Secondly, I bet he is far from stupid, but there is a personality clash there that was not there when Merrins was in charge.

Maybe I'm being harsh on him referring to an ego so I'l edit that, but what sums him up in my eyes was his attitude towards the old forum and the Kildare gaa website in General
Remember in his first speech after becoming chairman he used it as a stick to beat genuine supporters who wanted to share their opinion on their county.

The championship formats and dates were discussed and decided upon over 3 meetings of the county board in March and April: two standard monthly meetings and one special meeting. The dates for the second round were decided after consultation with McGeeney and ratified at the April meeting. The extra round of the club championship was not thrown in without telling anyone. It was decided by the county board at the March meeting. All these things are the county board’s decision to make not the county manager’s decision and there was consultation with the manager. This is all from the county board minutes.

I think people are far too quick to knock the officers of the county board when they have to follow the instructions they get at an open vote of the club delegates at the county board.

Again, we don’t know that there is a personality clash. Even if there is I think we can trust both people to act professionally with each other.

I agree with you in relation to the old forum but, IMO, it’s not a bad thing having an independent forum.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah well said mr mccool.

Geezer had blooded an unbelievable amount of players,and for the most part there all young.
we have up to 25 players who could play on any given day and you'd be confident they'd do a good job.Hes putting together a very strong panel and he's nearly there,just injuries unsettling things this year.
Only thing i'd worry about is that we have a lot more good forwards than good backs.I feel we're about 2 defenders short of a complete panel.

Is there 2 more peter kellys out there than we havn't heard of?
Interesting to see how he does against some of the top forwards,hopefully he can do as well as yesterday.

I hope at the end of the year ashe does everything he can to get geezer to stay for 2 more years,5 years is the least he deserves(if he wants it) when you consider how much rebuilding had to be done 3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:44 pm

for frist time this year last saturday the players had confidence in themselves to win that match. wonder has geezer change his training methods since the loss to louth. if geezer stays carew should go and we groom feature manager under geezer. a new u 21 manger is need . and new faces are needed for panel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:46 pm

rgb if you ever frequent any other official forums of the other counties you'll see a lot worse stuff being put up.

the site and forum was never properly maintained, never properly monitored, never updated.

As was said earlier the county board could have used the site and forum to their advantage, but instead the county board opted to go back to the stone age.
Unfortunately for them its the internet era where a forum like this can be set up in a matter of minutes, one which they have no control over.

fone new faces are already on the panel Eoghan Flats, Thomas O'Connor, Peter Kelly, Keith Cribben, 2 new goalkeepers, David Whyte.
There is only some many people you can blood in one season and expect tobe competitive also.
Will you get a grip.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:02 pm

thomas o connor was sub in croke park when kildare beat wicklow in frist round in 2005 .what 2 new goalkeepers only shorty is new under geezer , flood was on kildare panel in leinster final when we lost 2003 and corley was on panel in 2007. get facts right frist fionn

Last edited by fone on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:27 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
rgb if you ever frequent any other official forums of the other counties you'll see a lot worse stuff being put up.

the site and forum was never properly maintained, never properly monitored, never updated.

As was said earlier the county board could have used the site and forum to their advantage, but instead the county board opted to go back to the stone age.
Unfortunately for them its the internet era where a forum like this can be set up in a matter of minutes, one which they have no control over.

fone new faces are already on the panel Eoghan Flats, Thomas O'Connor, Peter Kelly, Keith Cribben, 2 new goalkeepers, David Whyte.
There is only some many people you can blood in one season and expect tobe competitive also.
Will you get a grip.

Fionn, the old county board website was a joke-no-one can argue with that. Presumably, the new one will be a whole lot better.

I would imagine that players' famililies would find it hard to read critical things written anonymously on a website that is run by the County Board that these players give up so much of their lives to prepare for. Someone else said it and I agree- an independent forum like this one is better.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:26 am

Back to top Go down
turdman tackle
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:36 am

turdman wants mcgeeney out.

Turdman had a score on with Mr Power that Kildare would win by 10 points.

This would have paid turdman's bail in Belfast over the weekend.

turdman is not a happy man.

McGeeney out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geezer post match interview on KFM   Geezer post match interview on KFM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geezer post match interview on KFM
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next