Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laois in racism row

Go down 
+25
Onhisboot
Big Full Back
Stonecold
centreback
swingfly
lollypop
Rex
parcel
walsheman
TommyKeegan
stanley
Taibi
lilywhites on tour
Botch
kelf
kickingking
Ogie
BelieveToAchieve
bob12
johnsmyth
Sam1928
ChopperDalton
lillyboy
rgb
Frankel
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

Laois in racism row - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Fionn have you got anything to add to the topic or are you just hangin out for someone you might pick a bitchfight with. Give an opinion or shut the fup up. No need to come on here and try to belittle someone coz you cant think of anything intelligent to say. If you want to swear well whoopdidoo. Must be liberating. I could have said bullshit but out of boredom i wrote bullplop. So i guess i'll have to deal with being a victim of quoting homer jay and someone not getting it.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:23 am

Stonecold wrote:
I was called fat at a match once

I know you are joking but I was told to go back to the bog on one of the occasions we beat the Dubs in Croker, I didn't take it as a discriminatory remark because I come from Kildare, I made some comment back about crying in to their chips, it is just the normal Irish banter. The racism card is used far too readily by minority groups in Ireland today to gain advantage.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:27 am

Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:41 am

who was the laois player?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:48 am

Not sure I can legally say... But in completely unrelated news I see that McKeever and Billy Sheehan were called before the CCCC last night to explain their respective parts in the incident!
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:10 pm

looks as if Mckeever is going to get off now as there was no one else spotted mckeever kicking out apart from the fourth official, seems strange to me as usually they take the officials word for granted.

McKeever set to be cleared
29 March 2012

Armagh's Ciaran McKeeverCiaran McKeever is expected to escape punishment for an alleged kicking offence after appearing before the Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) last night.

The Armagh captain and Laois' Billy Sheehan were summoned to Croke Park to give their accounts of what happened in the tunnel during last Sunday week's controversial Allianz Football League clash in Portlaoise. McKeever was red-carded by referee Michael Duffy on his return to the field for the second half amid claims that he had kicked out at Sheehan in the tunnel.

McKeever was subsequently hit with a two-match ban by the CCCC, but was cleared to play against Down last Saturday night following a successful appeal to the Central Hearings Committee (CHC). However, the Cullyhanna clubman wasn't fully cleared with the CHC having referred the case back to the CCCC for further investigation.

But it's understood that the CCCC could not find a creditable witness who was willing to back up fourth official Stephen Johnston's claim that McKeever drew a kick at an opponent in what was a crowded tunnel area.

A fresh two-match ban would have ruled the centre back out of the Orchard County's Allianz Football League Division 1 relegation clash with Donegal on Sunday week and their Ulster championship opener against Tyrone in early June.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:11 pm

In another isolated incident, tomas o se was sent off for striking aforementioned Laois 'player' last week.

poor fella is really in the wars the last couple of weeks Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:35 pm

swingfly wrote:
I thought this was a Kildare GAA forum? Why do we give a toss about a squabble in a nothing of a GAA match involving two other counties. Admin close this stupid thread. The boys remind me of the Bull McCabe ranting on about the "Outsiders"

No, we're allowed talk about anyone except Dublin
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:33 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Not sure I can legally say... But in completely unrelated news I see that McKeever and Billy Sheehan were called before the CCCC last night to explain their respective parts in the incident!

Laughing Laughing Brilliant great way to answer
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 6:49 am

And in more unrelated news it was Billy Sheehan that Tomas O Se hit on Sunday...
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:16 am

An Ode to Billy

Poor ould Billy
he's a decent gentleman,
he can fung a football wider
than any other man.
He's a talented young emigrant
who came from way down south,
and if he can't use either leg
he sure can use his mouth.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:06 am

Have no great liking for the aforementioned player, but he wasn't the player involved with Ó Sé....
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:58 pm

was he not? Badly misreported on papers and forums around the country so. Who did Ó Sé hit?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:01 pm

Quigley
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:03 pm

It seems that player did not attend the Disciplinary meeting last week. If as stated here he had been summoned then he would have been suspended for non-attendance. Since he was not suspended it seems to me he was merely invited as a potential witness ????

Of course he is a mouth and a nuicance but so is McKeever as was obvious in the incident that lead up to T O'Se being sent off
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:11 am

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/ballantyne-sucked-us-in-scott-20120401-1w663.html

The reactions of McKeever and Ó Sé, two experienced men, are why people do this. In the article above, the Geelong coach (AFL) Chris Scott is saying that he wishes Hayden Ballantyne - who got belted by half his time as they lost composure - sucked his guys in and how he wished he had someone like him in his team. It's part of it, the psychological aspect. Eric Bristow used to do it in darts, Phil Taylor does now. Seve did it in golf, Tiger did it at his best. Intimidation or mind games. It might not work with the majority, but it works with some and if so, you gain an edge. As I said before, it's been happening forever. Laois gained the vital edge here but Armagh made a bit of a balls of the aftermath alright. Still, they'll use that as motivation in some way, just as Laois will. In fact when the teams play each other next, you'll have them both using the same thing as motivation! Whatever works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laois in racism row   Laois in racism row - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laois in racism row
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3