Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club champioship 2012

Go down 
+60
Frankel
Onhisboot
flourman
Fear An Geata
Bān go Lēir
Flamingo
kelf
Come on the Boys in Blue
parcel
KFSAM
standhimup
totheline
all_star
overthebar
transit man
lilysavage
midfieldmaestro
MayoMan
abl
Cilldara_2000
Rex
murof
bag of white
archie
naked-lilly
Kaiser Sóze
jim
le hit in
holywater
LilyWhyte
BelieveToAchieve
browners84
lollypop
bluetown
lomond
lastline
Botch
White Bridge
kickingking
topcat
milltownmary
realmoore
Ogie
Cassanata
Highball
tomcruise
FreshMixer
paddymartin
cilldara
Lily8
butterfingers
Athyman
centreback
Big Full Back
steviegenius
Loads of Pints
walsheman
Taibi
ripvanwinkle
Jimmy winning matches
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:11 am

Athyman wrote:
Fresh mixer you are correct we could be without 6 of our first team 4 forwards and 2 backs if this happens we will be seriously short this year and I do not think we will figure in the champship this year
when ur players suppose to leave,alot of lads are leaving to go to america this summer,and leaving alot earlier aswell
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Athyman wrote:
Fresh mixer you are correct we could be without 6 of our first team 4 forwards and 2 backs if this happens we will be seriously short this year and I do not think we will figure in the champship this year

I wouldn't worry too much, with Kildare playing until the 16th of September the business end of the championship won't start until after that. They should be well back by then.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:36 am

Flying at this time of the year is no indication of what will happen next October... even more relevant at club level than inter-county level. Two actual different seasons.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:11 am

We will see Ogie... John Crofton has them going very well at the moment. A very together bunch. They wont be far away come championship time.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:20 am

A tough draw for Athy Moorefield Carbury & Larries they were probably looking for an easier draw especially with the new format. Sarsfields & Cebridge both got good draws these are the six teams that I expect to be shooting it out again for the championship with Clane being dark horses.
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 6:59 am

from this draw couple of big teams will be on loser side of draw no matter what the results.

The fact you can guarantee a QF with two wins is an incentive that should let to some great games
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 am

Mbp, some of the athy lads will go in April and some in may to America , the reason some go early so that they can be registered as home grown players
Back to top Go down
FreshMixer
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 3:54 am

only 1 week to go!! looks like it cud be celbridge to take the dermot burke back!!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:49 am

FreshMixer wrote:
only 1 week to go!! looks like it cud be celbridge to take the dermot burke back!!
yeah course it does!!sarsfields not beat them today???take off ur blinkers
Back to top Go down
FreshMixer
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 5:55 am

ah but celbridge missing a few thru injury! i know the sash had a few out aswell but celbridge are my pick this year!
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:08 am

Cant see Past Athy for the senior but maybe Larries could surprise me and I fear Towers for the drop. Ellistown and Castledermot will fight out for the inter title and Nurney cant avoid the drop amy longer. TMH should reach the junior decider but a combination of Milltown and Conleths park to end any interest.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:45 am

Who were Celbridge missing today FreshMixer, I know Brophy didn't start but he came on, didn't really notice any other notable absentees.
Back to top Go down
FreshMixer
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:55 am

young conor brophy did make an apperance for the last 15-17mins, he was carrying a bad injury into the game and reports are that it was made worse by this brief spell on the pitch even tho he seemed to make a difference. they are probly missing there best forward in mark sullivan and that mcavoy chap was out injured aswell!! so there you go topcat!! put that in your pipe and smoke it! Smile
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:04 am

Ah fair enough, Mark Sullivan is in the same boat as Dermot and Morgan O Sullivan coming back from the dreaded cruciate injury, may be a while before he gets back to the level he was at previously.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:07 am

milltownmary wrote:
Cant see Past Athy for the senior but maybe Larries could surprise me and I fear Towers for the drop. Ellistown and Castledermot will fight out for the inter title and Nurney cant avoid the drop amy longer. TMH should reach the junior decider but a combination of Milltown and Conleths park to end any interest.
Milltown will be nowhere near St. Conleth's Park this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:14 am

I think Larries could are the team to watch this year if they can successfully integrate the county lads back into their team.

Lets face it they should have bet Athy last year and that was with out P Fogarty. Athys' biggest challenge was against them.

I reckon Moorefield wont have improved much on last year, Athy will be under huge pressure and it will be interesting to see how they cope with that mantal.
As for Sash i thought last year that they were genuinely short on class outside of the county players. Earley coming back will be a big boost and if one or two of their young lads can step up then maybe but it remains to be seen for me.

Celbo and Carbury can put it up to anyone on their day but i can't see either team beating any off the above.

Naas perhaps to be best of the rest.
Back to top Go down
FreshMixer
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:23 am

very vailid point made there umpireonditch! larries really should of beaten them and i think they have improved alot since then. athy''the town'' will go into games very cocky i would imagine and could easily get caught! larries having 5 county boys back will be a massive boost, i believe they all played today and lexilp were made a show of because of it. dont think the are losing anyone to the states this year either! surprised JTB arent getting a mention for the intermediate, talk coming out of that club seems to be the wont be beaten this year!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:26 am

Eadestown will surprise a lot of people this year imo.

But Monasterevin are my tip for the intermediate title with Ballyteague making the drop to junior.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:47 am

Very interesting senior championship this year.

Athy will have gained a lot of confidence from last year but will they be able to replicate the same hunger this time round. I'm not so sure. Definitely the team to beat however.

Sarsfields are shaping quite well. Getting Dermot back is a big boost to them and they have one of the better forward lines in the county.

Moorefield on the other hand have slipped a bit. From 1-9 they are as good as there is in the county but their lack of scoring forwards will continue to hold them back.

Larries are a very solid outfit. Probably would have gone close last year if Fogarty hadn't have been suspended. If they avoid injuries I'd give them a serious chance but they will struggle if they start losing lads because I don't think their squad is as strong as the other main contenders.

Carbury and Celbridge are the only others with a realistic shout. Carbury are probably a player or two short when it comes down to it but they are very tough to beat and should be there at the business end. Celbridge look the dark horses. They haven't really kicked on since they won the title back in 2008 but getting Paul Earley back is quite a boost for them because Colm Coyle was a bit of a disaster by all accounts. They'll need O'Sullivan back if they've ambitions of going all the way though because it's hard to see where the scores are going to come from without him.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:57 am

FreshMixer wrote:
very vailid point made there umpireonditch! larries really should of beaten them and i think they have improved alot since then. athy''the town'' will go into games very cocky i would imagine and could easily get caught! larries having 5 county boys back will be a massive boost, i believe they all played today and lexilp were made a show of because of it. dont think the are losing anyone to the states this year either! surprised JTB arent getting a mention for the intermediate, talk coming out of that club seems to be the wont be beaten this year!

Eh Freshmixer you're stirring a bit there............the last place you'll hear people saying JTB won't be beat this year is within the club after the last few disasters we've had. We're struggling big time at the moment and looking no further than the first round against Kill next weekend! Smile
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:40 am

White Bridge wrote:
FreshMixer wrote:

Eh Freshmixer you're stirring a bit there............the last place you'll hear people saying JTB won't be beat this year is within the club after the last few disasters we've had. We're struggling big time at the moment and looking no further than the first round against Kill next weekend! Smile
read his posts....all he is doing is trying to stir shite
Back to top Go down
FreshMixer
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:03 pm

iv honestly heard players from JTB saying not to worry about current form, supposidly they are still doing very hard training and are not over interested with league. maybe this is wrong white bridge??
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:43 pm

You would have to fancy JTB and monasterevin. Dont forget rathangan. They are probably on paper the strongest teams in the intermediate and if they play well they win. Ellistown are ok but think they lack the scoring threat.

The Sash, Athy and Celbridge for me in the senior will be in the semi's.

Miltown and TMH in the junior with castlemitchell to cause some hassle to them both.
Back to top Go down
FreshMixer
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:47 pm

monasterevin are beginning to look like the will be kildares donegal this year, although maybe not as defensive but it seems to be working for them so far, very hard team to break down
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:56 pm

eadestown are flying in div2 as are castledermot. i fancy JTB but i would stick a small few euro on these two to be there or there abouts. i think celbridge are a good bet in senior but will be pushed hard by larries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club champioship 2012   Club champioship  2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club champioship 2012
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next