Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Player of the Year

Go down 
+17
johnsmyth
tomcruise
MD
Athyman
analysis
Bān go Lēir
KILL BILL
walsheman
lastline
SeamusMurphy
kildaregaa365
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
Taibi
Highball
Botch
samhog06
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
samhog06
Junior C
Junior C

Kildare Player of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:16 am

Well lads who do we think will scoop this award this year?
Mick Foley won it last year, will he win it again?

We can expand it to the club aswell:
Senior
Intermediate
Junior
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 am

Bit earlty for the club yet and I think the county lads should be left out of winning their club playerof the year as they did not play the league.

County player of the year ....

mmm. A tough one as still disappointed but I would go for Emmet Bolton
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 am

Alan Smith would be my choice.. Unfortunately (unlike the past few seasons) there wasnt many consistent stand out performers
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:15 am

Kildare player of the year: Emmet Bolton

Senior: Eoghan O'Flaherty
Intermediate: Emmet Bolton
Junior: Niall Browne
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 am

Hold on here a second, am I missing something?

We are One game in to the Senior Championship, 2 into some intermediate games and 2 into Junior and we are picking club players of the year Taibi?

2 Kildare players and a Clare player who have played 1 or 2 games max with their clubs this year club players of the year?

Sure while we're here lets pick club of the year.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:13 am

Bolton I reckon
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:29 am

Tomás O'Connor for me
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:36 am

Bolton for consistency. Smith was back to somewhere near his best in 2 or 3 championship games but wasn't great in the league. Bolton was best but no one close to last year's standards.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:40 am

Dead right Fionn, how can we pick anyone before the feckin thing is over.

County Player, E Bolton
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:22 am

Agree with fionn here lads. Not often I do but he is right. Niall Browne has played very little football with the house this year. To call him junior club player of the year is bad choice. I actually think the fact the house have so many guys involved at county level may be their downfall. I'm pretty sure they would be back in div 2 had they got all those guys during the year. On league form the guy from Milltown who captained the county juniors was my stand out junior player. Seen him on a few occasions and each time impressed
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am

FionnMcCool wrote:

Sure while we're here lets pick club of the year.

Castledermot

And lastline his name is Colin O'Shea.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:37 am

Yeah thats the lad taibi. He'd be my contender.
Back to top Go down
samhog06
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Ah FionnMcCool relax there man. The club player of the year was only a bit of fun while we were doing the county player of the year. Dont take the fun out of it.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Gotta be Alan smith ,only one consistent in all games nearly
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 am

Bolton for me too
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:41 am

Yeah lads, probably Bolton, but Tomas O`Connor would there or there abouts!
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Not sure how people are picking O Connor - the man scored 1.02 in the championship in 2012.........not enough return for a full forward no matter what the tactics were.......

Has to be Bolton I reckon
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:21 pm

analysis wrote:
Not sure how people are picking O Connor - the man scored 1.02 in the championship in 2012.........not enough return for a full forward no matter what the tactics were.......

Has to be Bolton I reckon

Yes I agree TOC scoring return is poor, but he did the job he was asked to do, and he was involved in creating a lot of scores.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Poor old toc gets a lot of criticism, it would be interesting to see how many assists he gets per game I guess it is a lot, I would have him in my team every time he needs quick forwards around him.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Well Iagree TOC had an effective year with kildare. He tries hard but jeez does he look strange whenhe tries to go to actually kick a ball over the bar Smile
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:54 am

Kildare player of the year for me Seanie Johnson....

Emmet Bolton Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:18 pm

That's crazy talk referring to O'Connor's scoring return. I'm sure it's something he'll continue to work on so as not to be so predictable but he would have by far the greatest number of direct assists of the Kildare squad. Every player has a role.

Mark McHugh will probably win an All-Star as a forward and is very close to being footballer of the year. He's scored six points. But then that's not his job. No more than it's Tomás'. If that was what they wanted from the full-forward, they'd have picked someone else.

To me, he was one of Kildare's most influential players all year, even on the bad days. I would say he was unlucky to be taken off the two days they lost in the championship.

However, I'd have no argument with Emmet Bolton either.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:46 pm

What's crazy is this obsession with O'Connor. It cost us this year and I can't get my head around it. Not Tomas' fault, but the amount of ball we wasted just pumping it high to where there was a load of opposition defenders around him was criminal. Compare this with the clever attacking football we played in 2009 and 2010.
You know this tactic is braindead because you would never, ever see Donegal do it. Possession is precious in the modern game and we just handed it back to the opposition through the 'easy out' of dropping it on O'Connor. Particularly in the Meath game. That moment at the Hill 16 end when he made a superb catch, was crowded out and ended up barging summed up the ridiculousness of the whole idea for me. It also cost us against Donegal last year. Not only is it handing the ball to the other team in a lot of cases but it's also setting up a counter-attack for them because the ball tends not to go dead.
I've a lot of respect for the lad, he's in great shape and a hard worker and I would try him at midfield, but I nearly spat out my tea when I read the above posts talking about him for player of the year.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 pm

A strange thread given the abysmal performances by the Senior , U/21 and minor teams in 2012. The player will have to come from the club championship. O'Connor seems like a nice guy but player of the year , definitely not. I cannot understand his role on the team. When he's not getting a kick at it at full forward , everyone asks why he was not moved to midfield. When he is moved to midfield , everyone asks why he was not moved back into the forwards. And when he is taken off , all hell breaks loose. In his defence , he is good in the air , strong and athletic and for the past 100 years that fits the bill for a good Kildare footballer. Football ability is secondary.
Back to top Go down
samhog06
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Lads this is turning into a bit of a witch hunt against TOC. Any one of his family members could be reading this or even the man himself so lets just get back to what the original topic please. Go easy on him Ohtoohtobe...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare Player of the Year   Kildare Player of the Year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Player of the Year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next