Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare fans forum Player of the year

Go down 
+12
carburyman
shoutitout
bag of white
Sam1928
peile
walsheman
kelf
Ogie
Could'nt Trap Cement
jj
if_in_doubt
Rex
16 posters

Player of the year
Johnny Doyle
Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_lcap15%Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Hugh McGrillen
Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_lcap5%Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Eamonn Callaghan
Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_lcap2%Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Mick Foley
Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_lcap73%Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_rcap
 73% [ 45 ]
Emmet Bolton
Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_lcap3%Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Morgan O' Flaherty
Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_lcap2%Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Eoghan O' Flaherty
Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_lcap0%Kildare fans forum Player of the year Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Shane Connolly
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 62

AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare fans forum Player of the year Empty
PostSubject: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:27 am

So who do you think was top man this year. Personally it's Mick Foley. Best full back around last year. Drove the team on and had every full forward in his pocket. Joe Sheridan is still trying to get out....again.

Last edited by Rex on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:53 am

Very tough choice to be made here. Foley for me would also be one of the stand out players along with JD. Morgan I think is an extremely underrated player for us. Doesn't do a lot of eye catching stuff to make him stand out from the rest, and won't get forward as much as the rest of the half back line, but in terms of the amount of times he gets on the ball; finds open space to receive a pass in, and then helps launch an attack is incredible. Any of these three would be well worthy in my opinion.

I'd like to have seen get O'Neill a nomination here, thought he was in great form for us throughout the year, from playing midfield in the O'Byrne Cup to kicking some monster points at the latter end of the championship, been a very solid player and always puts in a good shift.

Bolton and Eoghan O'Flaherty both excelled at times, while I could nearly vote for Leper based purely on the reaction around me on the Hill when he scored the goal and point against the Dubs. McGrillen was on fire back in the corner and Connolly looks set to be first choice keeper for as long as he's on form.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:19 am

Mick Foley for me. There were a few in the shake up namely McGrillen, JD and Morgan but I would have to just give it to Foley. Dont think he had a bad game all year and really led the team from the back. Was an inspirational figure with some of the catches and runs he made. Really gave us our platform going forward
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:45 am

Mick foley for me , surely thomas deserves to be on the list?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:31 am

they all played well at some stage so you could nominate them all. I don't find it difficult at all to pick Mick though, in his worst game he was solid, but most of the time he was excellent and central to the markedly improved defensive effort this year. I think he's head and shoulders above anyone else
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am

One J D
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:49 am

got to be mick foley,was outstanding every game!!All star beckons over the next few years for him!!
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Mick Foley and he should be a cert for an all star
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Mick Foley player of the year. Consistent high quality performances throughout the year.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:36 pm

peile wrote:
Mick Foley and he should be a cert for an all star

He'll probably be nominated with McGee from Donegal and O'Carroll from Dublin but he won't win it.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Foley for me too.
When we lost Kelly early in the year it looked like the full back line was going to be in trouble but Mick came in a nailed down the full back spot which gave us a platform to build on.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:49 pm

What about bolton lads surely he must be up there
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:21 pm

I think bolton may pip nolan
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:17 am

The majority say M Foley , but I have gone with JD , super player , his role this year at MF was outstanding for a man who plys his trade in the forward at Inter County , derseves his accolade on the SG team of the year
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:22 am

Think Nolan will get it based on his two displays against cork and Kerry.Would like to see Bolton get one as for me he was the best player Kildare had this year.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:50 am

Wait until the end of the senior championship Wink
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:18 am

Gotta be Mick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare fans forum Player of the year   Kildare fans forum Player of the year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare fans forum Player of the year
Page 1 of 1