Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare search for new sponsor

Go down 
+68
Flamingo
shoutitout
Could'nt Trap Cement
Come on the Boys in Blue
Pat Browne the cat
tpos
Sam1928
naked-lilly
Kildare98
jim
bob12
Morrissey
inexile
murof
lilly-exile
nuxer
rgb
ohluckyme
Admin
kildaregaa365
carburyman
bk 1
Botch
northernlily
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare Castle
tomcruise
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
SeeTheStars
topcat
Rex
hawker
totalgaa
peile
KILL BILL
Loads of Pints
Athyman
shortgrass
Fear An Geata
lillyboy
TommyKeegan
Jimmy winning matches
losthope
Highball
kelf
BelieveToAchieve
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
Big Full Back
Frankel
bag of white
the young lad
White Bridge
johnsmyth
lastline
lilywhites on tour
KFSAM
overthebar
SamMaguire
kickingking
if_in_doubt
jj
Taibi
Stonecold
Ogie
Bad News Baba
fatherted
72 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage

Kildare search for new sponsor Empty
PostSubject: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Reports on Hoganstand suggest Kildare an Tegral have parted company.

Heard a figure of €90,000 is what they contribute annually. Not enough in my opinion.

The search is on.

Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 pm

I would imagine that the stature that Kildare currently occupy would be able to pull in a much larger figure that that. Seems a very low figure, a new sponser should see a much larger amount being pulledin.

On the same note if the sponser changes does kildare get any cut out of the club jerseys being sold in the shops ?
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Two words, Pitman Moore.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:11 am

I would presume that this has not just been landed on the board and in fact may be a result of the board's desire and indeed teh absolute necessity of Kildare cashing in on their marketability, having not done so for the last few years. So I presume this is something they have been working on. I hope they have good people working on it. And if that is the case, I would hope that this announcement is timed to coincide with another one, concerning a new sponsor, with significantly more money, very soon.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:25 am

Wouldn't it be funny if it was that crowd who announced 900 jobs for Naas, I can see it now Kildare sponsored by Kerry Group ............ muhahhahah kinda like Formula 1........
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 am

€90,000 p/a is pathetic, about time they were dumped, that would barely cover the hurlers.

Surely we won't have a problem getting €300,000-€400,000 from the likes if Intel, pfizer or maybe Sheikh Mohammed will give us a dig out.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 2:43 am

It's not Tegral we should be knocking here lads it's the county boards over the last 19 years who were incapable of forging a better deal. Tegral are a business who were looking for the best deal for themselves.
At the same time I didn't hear of any other business's falling over themselves to sponsor us. Plenty of candidates out there who could be potential sponsors so lets hope we can get a 250/300k per annum deal but I wouldn't put my life on it .
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:30 am

To be fair to Tegral they've served the county well over the last number of years, especially considering the financial hit their industry has taken.

In general though if the €90,000 figure is true then it's a pretty poor return considering the coverage we've received over the last five years. That'd be the same figure Offaly were making from Carroll's a few years ago and roughly the same as what Ladbrokes were paying to sponsor Derry.

Hopefully whoever is taking charge of the sponsorship from a county board perspective knows what they're doing with this.

It's not enough for us to be able to say we've reached the quarter finals and an All Ireland semi, or we've been on tv X amount of times.

Any sponsor willing to part with a decent chunk of cash will want a detailed plan on how their investment will be spent, how it will be broken down between various teams etc, as well as wanting a certain amount of access to particular players and trophies (if we're lucky enough to win anything) over the course of the year. There needs to be a proper plan drawn up to outline the benefits of sponsoring Kildare and the return on investment a company will make.

There's a great chance for the county board to make some money here. With the hurlers also being promoted, along with the minor and under 21 squads doing well there's a lot more potential publicity for a sponsor than there has been for a long time.

It'd be great if we were able to follow the Dubs along the lines of multiple sponsors; for training gear and so on.

Intel and Hewlett Packard already give out a lot of donations and sponsor quite a few GAA clubs and other sports groups around the country, whether either of them would be willing to sponsor a county team though is a different issue altogether. Again we'd have to consider the negative press that's gone against over the last year or so, we wouldn't exactly be flavour of the month in the eyes of the media / press so that could indeed have an influence on things.

Bottom line though, we're one of the best supported counties in the country, with one of the biggest populations, after reaching the last eight for consecutive years there's no reason why we can't attract a big name company / brand to boost the finances.

Ideally there'd be a Sheikh or an oil billionaire from the Middle East out there who already has interests in a stud farm in the county, and also has a stake in Etihad or Emirates airlines, who'd be willing to give us a million per year no strings attached...
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:34 am

Tegral were great partners for nearly 20 years but it's no surprise to see them pulling out given the decline in the construction sector.

The timing is far from ideal because it is hardly a great time to be looking for sponsorship in the current economic climate. Hopefully there is something already in the pipeline but I can't imagine it will be easy to get a big deal. It is encouraging that both Wyeth (Senior Football Championship) and Hewlett Packard (County Hurlers) have been been involved in the past but you have to wonder why those deals were discontinued?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:46 am

This will mean new jerseys for 2013 so that will bring in even more money.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:46 am

Stonecold wrote:
Wouldn't it be funny if it was that crowd who announced 900 jobs for Naas, I can see it now Kildare sponsored by Kerry Group ............ muhahhahah kinda like Formula 1........

Red Bull Kildare has a bit of a ring to it...
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:42 am

Ogie wrote:
I would hope that this announcement is timed to coincide with another one, concerning a new sponsor, with significantly more money, very soon.

Ogie I'm reading that like there is going to be a separate sponsorship announcement soon. I have not heard anything on the grapevine. Is it a decent amount , any clues or is it being kept under lock and key.

As for Tegral, yes they were stable sponsors, but they got a bargain over the last 19 years. As has been said, Kildare has a large population, has one if not the best supported County teams around and has a high profile recently. I don't go in for the "not the media darlings thing" any publicity is good publicity when it comes to sponsors. Unless we suddenly adopt the swastika or start abusing puppies on match day all is good.
We have Div 1 games next year on the tv, our Championship games are generally on the box too and every bit of clothing sold will have the sponsor on it. I'm no marketing or advertising expert but I think we are a decent team to have you Company across it's jersey.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:27 am

I don't think lads should be running down Tegral. While the value of the sponsorship may not have reflected our high profile over the last few years, they did stick by us through some fairly lean times too.

In terms of a new sponsor, how about Persil or Daz? Whites whiter than white etc. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:49 am

What about looking outside the county for a bigger company. After Dublin, Kerry and Cork we're not a bad draw for sponsors in my opinion. With our fan base, our location to Dublin, Population , our recent high profile and unique all white jersey I think we wouldn't be a bad draw for any company if approached with a good business plan as to how its going to benefit a company to sponsor us.

After Cork and Dublin we're the highest population in the Republic.

Paddy Power, Boyle Sports, 3 Mobile, Meteor/Eircom, Ryanair, UPC, Microsoft, Intel, Dell, Facebook, Ebay, Musgrave Group, Toyota, Ford or VW Ireland.

A main sponsor and then maybe something like an official car supplier to Kildare GAA like VW Toyota.

Ryanair Official Airline to Kildare GAA... ect ect ect.

We have to strike while the iron is relatively hot.

However I'd be very sceptical of who within the county board is approaching businesses looking for sponsorship given how they have handled the press recently and indeed different incidents in the last couple of seasons.

This 1000 club wasn't hugely successful nor was getting in Charlie McCreevy to help with the finances it seems.

Would you honestly be surprised if we ended up with a deal far less than what we were getting from Tegral. Honestly?

Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:42 am

Charlie McCreevey benefit to Kildare was in the form of stats man to the U-21 mentors for the last couple years and we all know how those stats added up under those mentors.......... affraid ...although i seen him in at the U-21 trial games last friday night.......clip board and all.....what a benefit he will be to geezer and co......... Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:55 am

Maybe this is why I saw Mick Foley walk in to a bank in the IFSC in full Kildare gear a few weeks back. Who knows, possibly the Co Board had something lined up all along.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:56 am

overthebar wrote:
Charlie McCreevey benefit to Kildare was in the form of stats man to the U-21 mentors for the last couple years and we all know how those stats added up under those mentors.......... affraid ...although i seen him in at the U-21 trial games last friday night.......clip board and all.....what a benefit he will be to geezer and co......... Wink Wink

You serious?

That's like Bertie appearing on The Premiership
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:14 am

Intel or Bord Na Mona? surely they could be options!
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:24 am

Ah ye'd have to believe that even a half arsed effort in getting in new sponsers would pull in much more than Tegral. How in the name of jaysus did we ever settle for 90k even in the bad times. Every kildare team we sent out in the last 20 years had Tegral emblazened on the shirts.

Forget about this being bad news this is an opportunity to make real inroads into the current debt in Kildare Gaa.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 pm

lilywhites on tour wrote:
Intel or Bord Na Mona? surely they could be options!

Bord na Mona wouldn't be a runner as they a semi state organisation. However Intel or Hewlett Packard would be two companies with plenty of money set aside for advertising and sponsorship.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Baba O' Reily wrote:
Ogie wrote:
I would hope that this announcement is timed to coincide with another one, concerning a new sponsor, with significantly more money, very soon.

Ogie I'm reading that like there is going to be a separate sponsorship announcement soon. I have not heard anything on the grapevine. Is it a decent amount , any clues or is it being kept under lock and key.

As for Tegral, yes they were stable sponsors, but they got a bargain over the last 19 years. As has been said, Kildare has a large population, has one if not the best supported County teams around and has a high profile recently. I don't go in for the "not the media darlings thing" any publicity is good publicity when it comes to sponsors. Unless we suddenly adopt the swastika or start abusing puppies on match day all is good.
We have Div 1 games next year on the tv, our Championship games are generally on the box too and every bit of clothing sold will have the sponsor on it. I'm no marketing or advertising expert but I think we are a decent team to have you Company across it's jersey.

I have absolutely no inside line at all, I'm only surmising. I would hope that given the financial situation, discussions have been ongoing for some time with Tegral initially. And perhaps this is part of a phased PR process. I would say Tegral were not in a position to provide what is the going rate for a county of Kildare's national profile - that has been the case for three or four years but the board didn't seem willing to cash in. I suppose there was a sense of loyalty there but it wasn't wise.

I would echo all positive comments about Tegral. What they paid is not there fault, and they have coughed up a lot of money for Kildare GAA in 20 years. They have done well out of the association with Kildare too, but they have had to make big cuts including in terms of jobs over the past few years and have bigger fish to fry.

However, there are plenty of companies within the county that are thriving... I am just hoping that this is not something that was suddenly sprung on the board. I am hoping that this is the result of ongoing discussions and negotiations. But I have absolutely no clue, I have no inside track on local GAA at all. But that's what you'd expect. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:51 pm

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/tegral-parting-ways-with-lilywhites-as-downturn-takes-toll-211008.html

Tegral are citing the downturn in the construction industry as the reason behind their decision. It also says that they will "assist the Kildare board in finding a new sponsor".

By the sounds of that there is nothing lined up as yet. Wouldn't be a major surprise given our forward thinking board. What are the chances of us having no sponsor as well as no ground to play home games next year?

Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:25 pm

The first company I would approach is Proctor & Gamble. They seem to have a major advertising campaign ongoing and a lot of it is through sport. Their advertising is directed at the general population and they have a major presence in newbridge, so for me they'd be head and shoulders above the likes of Intel and HP.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:06 am

Intel for me,- a bit of Leixlip representation on the Kildare GAA scene would be nice considering our players havent featured that much on the team!! Very Happy

how about kerry group? could be the lucky charm!!
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:27 am

I'm loving the avatar lilywhites on tour!

Nostalgia Nostalgia! Having said that it will be very strange seeing the Kildare geansai without the red Tegral logo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare search for new sponsor   Kildare search for new sponsor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare search for new sponsor
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next