Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Down-Kildare

Go down 
+20
jj
Kildare98
lillyboy
Ohtoohtobe
kildaregaa365
MD
kickingking
LillieLad
lilysavage
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Big Full Back
Gaa1928
Flamingo
Jimmy winning matches
Highball
jimmers
jim
Rex
TommyKeegan
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Sorry to put the halt on all the positivity, but there'd be those disappointed if I didn't and no harm as good teams look forward, not back. Hard to know what to make of division as a whole. Was thinking at the off now comes the easy stretch where we'd be picking up four points over the next two games that would either bolster a promotion push or be key to avoiding relegation. Now - hard to know what to think of our upcoming opponents.

In retrospect Meath win looking better, Cork win not so much, Derry loss looks a bigger glitch. Down were 1-10 to no score up yesterday and our record going north isn't something to get excited about so what do we make of this one? It'll be high-scoring anyway and on TV I'll finally get to get a glance rather than a listen. Win this and you'd be hugely disappointed if we didn't go up. Lose this and potentially back in a relegation battle as mad as that seems, but inconsistency of those in tier two means as much and if we lose we'll be talking about our own inconsistency. We've the better team is all I'd say.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Personally I think we are safe now, we are on six points with a large points differential to other teams. So anything extra is bonus territory.

For the first time in a long time I see the match ups and think we have nothing to fear. I am actually trusting this group a little bit again. Dangerous I know but the performance so far has exceeded my predictions.

We will score heavily in all games against Div 2 opponents, it's whether we can keep them out the other end is the million dollar question.

Down couldn't win a game for love nor money. I watched them on TV v Fermanagh and they were awful. But they seem to have found something. If we go there and give it our best I don't think we will be disappointed. We just need to stop the usual in game dip.
A win and we can start thinking about Div 1 next year. Not many were even giving that a thought a month ago.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 3:18 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Sorry to put the halt on all the positivity, but there'd be those disappointed if I didn't and no harm as good teams look forward, not back. Hard to know what to make of division as a whole. Was thinking at the off now comes the easy stretch where we'd be picking up four points over the next two games that would either bolster a promotion push or be key to avoiding relegation. Now - hard to know what to think of our upcoming opponents.

In retrospect Meath win looking better, Cork win not so much, Derry win looks a bigger glitch. Down were 1-10 to no score up yesterday and our record going north isn't something to get excited about so what do we make of this one? It'll be high-scoring anyway and on TV I'll finally get to get a glance rather than a listen. Win this and you'd be hugely disappointed if we didn't go up. Lose this and potentially back in a relegation battle as mad as that seems, but inconsistency of those in tier two means as much and if we lose we'll be talking about our own inconsistency. We've the better team is all I'd say.

Well if anyone was going to be a bit negitive my money was on you Tommy
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Realism Jim, this forum is bipolar at the best of times! World beaters or S**t tend to be the two temperatures often.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 8:11 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Realism Jim, this forum is bipolar at the best of times! World beaters or S**t tend to be the two temperatures often.

Most team sports forums are Tommy. Human nature.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 9:27 pm

For those interested in watching the rugby and dashing across to the ground straight after , are there any pubs forum members would recommend meeting at to make it feel a bit more homely
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Highball wrote:
For those interested in watching the rugby and dashing across to the ground straight after , are there any pubs forum members would recommend meeting at to make it feel a bit more homely

Down's secretary - a progressive individual - would say "you're out of touch with the GAA ethos" over such remarks. The mastermind of the county.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 9:33 pm

Highball wrote:
their clubhouse at pitch put pubs about 10 minutes walk from pitch
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Haha true tommy , he sure likes to be heard. It's not an ideal ground location for a dash from a local boozer ..
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 10:26 pm

It's a bit all over the shop but good fun it must be said!
Great to be on top and at the start of the year staying up would have been a solid base for the championship. As it stands now we are aiming for promotion, and even if that is slightly out of reach once we don't fall off in terms of standards you'd still see it as a good base.
As was pointed the positive play is in stark contrast to those pox of Wexford and Westmeath matches last year.

Down are a bit of a headcase like this division so it would be a big result to come south with another win. Hopefully the going won't be as heavy and the lads can stretch their legs a bit.

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 6:47 pm

Last three games for each County

Kildare.  Down away           Clare home.           Galway away

Galway.  Derry home.          Down away.           Kildare home

Clare      Fermanagh away.   Kildare away.         Meath home

Meath.   Cork away.             Fermanagh home   Clare  away

Cork.     Meath home.          Derry away.           Down home

Down.    Kildare home.         Galway away.        Cork away

Derry.    Galway away.          Cork home            Fermanagh away

Fermanagh Clare home         Meath home.        Derry home
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 11:36 am

Croke park offered down and Kildare to change throw in time to 7.30pm for fans to see Ireland v England rugby match both countries stayed no
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 12:11 pm

What makes me laugh is that Kildare agree to change the time of the Fermanagh match to accommodate their supporters and the following week Kildare supporters are expect to travel to Down on a Saturday night for a 7.00 p.m. throw in.

If 2 teams finish on the same number of points in the league does anyone know what is the criteria for separating them.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 12:21 pm

If two teams head-to-head; if draw, score difference; if level, total scored; if still level, play-off.
If more than two teams score difference; if all level, total scored.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 12:48 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
If two teams head-to-head; if draw, score difference; if level, total scored; if still level, play-off.
If more than two teams score difference; if all level, total scored.

Thanks Tommy, I have a funny feeling Kildare will be promoted in 2nd place based on that. Hope they prove me wrong and top the division though.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 11:08 pm

fone wrote:
Croke park offered  down and Kildare to change throw in time to 7.30pm for fans to see Ireland v England rugby match  both countries stayed no

The rugby isn't kicking off until 20-05hrs according to the IRFU site so plenty of rugby to see after the match.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 11:11 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
fone wrote:
Croke park offered  down and Kildare to change throw in time to 7.30pm for fans to see Ireland v England rugby match  both countries stayed no

The rugby isn't kicking off until 20-05hrs according to the IRFU site so plenty of rugby to see after the match.
5pm kick off in rugby
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Definitely 20.05 kick-off in rugby.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 11:41 pm

5pm kick off according to the 6 nations website, 20.05 kick off this Friday night.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 11:19 am

Apologies, I thought you were talking this weekend for some reason, dates all over the place for rugby and more importantly for Kildare. Lucky I didn't spend Saturday evening tuned into KFM waiting for country and western to give way to football!
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 10:46 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Apologies, I thought you were talking this weekend for some reason, dates all over the place for rugby and more importantly for Kildare. Lucky I didn't spend Saturday evening tuned into KFM waiting for country and western to give way to football!
affraid Boing boing boing boing......all the hits and more
Back to top Go down

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Believe Neil Flynn could be gone for a few months with illness. Was improving game on game, such a pity.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Down 11/8. Kildare 8/11.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:06 pm

umpireonditch wrote:
Believe Neil Flynn could be gone for a few months with illness. Was improving game on game, such a pity.

That doesn't sound good, must be serious if it's months not weeks. He was really starting to motor as well.
Back to top Go down

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 10:22 pm

6 weeks. Appendix according to leader.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Down-Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down-Kildare   Down-Kildare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down-Kildare
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next