Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?

Go down 
+11
lilysavage
SeamusMurphy
KILL BILL
shoutitout
lilywhites on tour
if_in_doubt
TommyKeegan
ChopperDalton
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
Bad News Baba
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Will you travel?
Yes
Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 23 ]
No
Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
standhimup
Senior
Senior

Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Tommy Callaghan tweeted last night that Kildare will forfeit home advantage against Dublin and Donegal
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Murof and Baba, I see your point 100%, and genuinely admire your stance, and you are no less a dedicated supporter because of this, but I just think its like peeing in the Pacific, wont make a slight bit of difference to the GAA.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 pm

It obviously doesn't as we have seen today. As a supporter I've just about had enough of Croke Park f*cking me over. I'm done with it.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 am

It took this team 4 years to get back to Div 1 and now we are giving up home advantgage to the last two all ireland winners. With the huge support both teams have and amount of Donegal people living in Dublin it will effectively be 2 away matches. There were other options, make it all ticket and have a packed Conleths cheering on the Lilies or else play in Portlaoise where we have a decent winning record. It would also force the Dubs to get of their arses and leave Croke Park for once and not be treated as a special case. I have wonderful memories of league matches against the top teams in the 90' in Conleths, most of which we won but playing home matches in Croke Park is a bad mistake.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:57 am

I will travel to Portlaoise or Dublin for the games if need be. I have two mini me supporters in tow, who are already looking forward to the games. Therefore I do not have much of a choice.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 am

I look upon myself as a loyal Kildare supporter and over the past 30 to 40 years have rarely missed any league games either home or away but sadly I will miss 2 "HOME" games this year played in Croke Park not our home venue.
I cannot see why our county board could not of argued that these 2 fixtures be all ticket newbridge games.

Think of all the kids the future of our games that will be denied seeing 2 top class teams visit newbridge.
Think of the talk about the place about these 2 games.
Think of the athmosphere that would of been generated in Newbridge.
Think how proud our lads would have been to run out on to the pitch in a packed Newbridge.
Think how the traders and our Kildare Shop in Whitewater will loose out
Think about 10 to 15 Thousand people in an 85 Thousand Stadium.
Think about the financially hard pressed Kildare supporter
Think about retaining Div 1 status only playing 2 home games

I'm afraid Croke Park only think about MONEY

Opportunity Lost.

Time to Stand Up and be Counted

Much as I hate to say THINK ABOUT STAYING AT HOME

A very sad day for Kildare GAA.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:26 am

Should be a big crowd for 1st game as Donegal are there, id say it will be a saturday. Unfortunately, the game v the Dubs looks like it would be on a sunday as irl play France on the saturday?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2