Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?

Go down 
+11
lilysavage
SeamusMurphy
KILL BILL
shoutitout
lilywhites on tour
if_in_doubt
TommyKeegan
ChopperDalton
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
Bad News Baba
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Will you travel?
Yes
Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Vote_lcap62%Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Vote_rcap
 62% [ 23 ]
No
Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Vote_lcap38%Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Empty
PostSubject: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:50 am

Simple question, will you go. Be honest
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 6:48 am

A true supporter will follow his team anywhere !! , the boundary lines are the same countrywide , and thats where it counts inside those lines and not the environs which surround it Wink
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:05 am

Oh shut the fuck up will you. Your cryptic bullshit messages are getting boring now.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:12 am

[quote="Taibi"]Oh shut the fuck up will you. Your cryptic bullshit messages are getting boring now.[/quote

Thank God someone said it
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:13 am

Taibi wrote:
Oh shut the fuck up will you. Your cryptic bullshit messages are getting boring now.

cryptic , Laughing more like the Truth Suspect
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:31 am

Sniper everyone is entitled to their opinion but you cannot argue a single point, if someone contradicts you, you just move the goalposts a little further. It's WUM stuff of the highest order.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:35 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Sniper everyone is entitled to their opinion but you cannot argue a single point, if someone contradicts you, you just move the goalposts a little further. It's WUM stuff of the highest order.

Ok I will just drop it from here in , HAPPY , your all right i am wrong , Kildare are hapless victims , and everyone is Screwing them , and God help anyone who differs from that opinion or is it fact

EOS

Last edited by sniper on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 am

No, I'd like you to debate the point. For instance, how would you feel if Dublin were told they had to play all their home games in Portlaoise? Would this cost you more? Would the Dublin economy miss out? Would it be a disadvantage to the Dublin team? You are in same scenario as us, county board left Parnell Park in equally as bad a state yet you are bailed out by having Croke Park there.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:26 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
No, I'd like you to debate the point. For instance, how would you feel if Dublin were told they had to play all their home games in Portlaoise?

Well if it was for H&S reasons what choice would I have , I wouldnt be so narrow minded to disregard my fellow suppoters safety , now matter the relationship countywise

Would this cost you more?

No more than it would if a game was in Dublin Cork Castlebar Ballybofey , due to where I live , so in essence no more than the average loyal Kildare supporter , but as i have said before my loyalty as a supporter to my county isnt guide by Distances or petty differances

Would the Dublin economy miss out?

Well from experience , the typical spend from any GAA County supporter is very minimal in Dublin as they only go to the game and straight home to their Local , so the economic benefits to the Dublin economy is miniscule non exsistant to say the least

Would it be a disadvantage to the Dublin team?

No , as I have said the pitch is the same , and usually a game is lost there and not in the stands , if this does govern the mentality of a teams in regards to performance maybe the wrong players have taken the field , nothing cryptic in that !!

You are in same scenario as us, county board left Parnell Park in equally as bad a state

How do you come to that conclusion ,we have facilities to conduct a game at anytime of day or night, we have functional toilets at a number of points in the ground , functional dressing rooms where teams can prepare comfortable , functional egress before and after games and in the event of emergencies , i would agree parking is a disaster which is the only negative now is due to recent popularity in the last few years , our league fan base has increased on a regular basis , to warrant the use of our national staduim , so no i wouldnt agree entirely , as I have pointed out earlier The Dublin County Board have made plans in there " Blue Wave dossier" to tackle this issue , so there are contingency plan in motion

yet you are bailed out by having Croke Park there

So as I have said before! Just because Dublin Gaa is based in our National Capital, and is 2 or so miles from Croke Park , this is a bailout , Sorry dont see your point , If our Capital was Cork and you had to play in Pairc Ui Chaoimh for the same reasons , would your arguement be the same ??

It is what it is , and I am afraid some of your arguement if not all falls seemlessly

I empathise with your county's predicament , as do many counties , But who are responsible for your county grounds malaise , certainly not Dublin Gaa or the GAA in Croke Park ,

So lets leave the debate to rest at that Suspect
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:14 am

Voted yes but only on the basis that I've already gone out and paid for one of those season tickets for the first time (still no sign of it being delivered though), whether or not I'd have grounds for a refund if our matches are scheduled is another argument altogether.

Supporting Kildare and the players comes first. I wouldn't agree with playing our games outside Newbridge and I won't be happy going to Croke Park in February and March four times but if it's what I have to do to support my team then it's what I'll do.

The ones who will suffer most from fans not travelling will be the players themselves. Although how else a stand can be made against it I don't know.

A Liverpool fans' style protest similar to what the Scousers did when playing Chelsea in a cup match in Old Trafford a few years ago springs to mind...
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 am

sniper wrote:

No more than it would if a game was in Dublin Cork Castlebar Ballybofey , due to where I live , so in essence no more than the average loyal Kildare supporter , but as i have said before my loyalty as a supporter to my county isnt guide by Distances or petty differances

Well from experience , the typical spend from any GAA County supporter is very minimal in Dublin as they only go to the game and straight home to their Local , so the economic benefits to the Dublin economy is miniscule non exsistant to say the least
So you live slap bang in the middle of Dublin, Cork, Castlebar and Ballybofey do you? Or do you cycle to games hence the same cost?

I'm sure the publicans and shopkeepers around the Croke Park area will tell you all about the economic benefits they reap on matchdays. To say these are non existent is either a poor attempt at a wum or just plain ignorance. Neither of which is beyond your reach.

I'd ask you for any facts or statistics on these but considering facts only seem to be written gombeens with agendas I'll refrain from doing so.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 am

I follow Kildare morning, noon and night. If we lose home advantage, I will be pissed off like lots of yee out there. However, we only have ourselves to blame, i.e the county board, as the current state of the county grounds is disgraceful. Its not that the grounds became brutal over night, they have been like this for a long time. If we do lose home advantage it will be a kick in the arse for the county board, as they know the place needs a revamp. However I will still travel to see my county team no matter where they go and if that means croker, well then so be it, but it would be such a pity to lose the home games, especially this year.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:11 am

if_in_doubt wrote:
sniper wrote:

So you live slap bang in the middle of Dublin, Cork, Castlebar and Ballybofey do you? Or do you cycle to games hence the same cost?

I think thats has been stated clearly , "due to where I live , so in essence no more than the average loyal Kildare supporter" To answer your smart arse remark Yes my cost are the same as the average loyal Kildare supporter , did i say i lived "slap bang in the middle of Dublin, Cork, Castlebar and Ballybofey " so thats you been smarmy and just plain ignorant. !! Suspect

I'm sure the publicans and shopkeepers around the Croke Park area will tell you all about the economic benefits they reap on matchdays. To say these are non existent is either a poor attempt at a wum or just plain ignorance.

Perhaps if your savy you would realise we are talking about LEAGUE MATCHES ,the thread might be a clue , but yet again your been smarmy and plain ignorant. Suspect

Neither of which is beyond your reach. POT KETTLE BLACK

I'd ask you for any facts or statistics on these WHATS THESE in referance to you quoting snippets from my above reply to TK

but considering facts only seem to be written gombeens with agendas I'll refrain from doing so.

As i was replying to TK and not you unless you are both and the same , i dont see how quoting my above response to Tk above warrants a reply to you in this instance , But as this is so incoherant it was necessary

So yeah you have this passage correct " seem to be written ( with the addition of BY) a gombeen with an agenda , I'll refrain from doing so" No problem Suspect .

Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 am

lilywhites on tour wrote:
I follow Kildare morning, noon and night. If we lose home advantage, I will be pissed off like lots of yee out there. ,However, we only have ourselves to blame i.e the county board, as the current state of the county grounds is disgraceful. Its not that the grounds became brutal over night, they have been like this for a long time. If we do lose home advantage it will be a kick in the arse for the county board, as they know the place needs a revamp. However I will still travel to see my county team no matter where they go and if that means croker, well then so be it, but it would be such a pity to lose the home games, especially this year.

At last sanity !! someone who see it in the clear light of Day , i applaud you , loyalty no matter where Kildare play
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:32 am

Yes Conleth's a kip, but the point here is that the reduced capacity is down to the neglect of the place, however it should be the county board of Kildare's choice to decide if they want to play there with reduced capacity, if they want to nominate another ground in the county or if they want to play in Croke Park. If the GAA hierarchy are to dictate that to counties, where does it end and what are the parameters or are they just making it up as they go? How can Meath play in Pairc Tailteann? How can Wicklow play in Aughrim? Why aren't Louth playing out of Drogheda? What about Donegal and Ballybofey?
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:37 am

It should be the county boards choice, but the reality is its not. And the GAA dont look like changing that!
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 am

sniper wrote:
I think thats has been stated clearly , "due to where I live , so in essence no more than the average loyal Kildare supporter" To answer your smart arse remark Yes my cost are the same as the average loyal Kildare supporter , did i say i lived "slap bang in the middle of Dublin, Cork, Castlebar and Ballybofey " so thats you been smarmy and just plain ignorant. !! Suspect
Were you not asked how the hypothetical situation of Dublins games being played in Portlaois instead of Croke Park would affect you? Would it not cost you more was the question I believe?

You answered saying it would cost you no more than if it was a game in a few other places.

Maybe I misread your answer, maybe you misread the question.
sniper wrote:
Perhaps if your savy you would realise we are talking about LEAGUE MATCHES ,the thread might be a clue , but yet again your been smarmy and plain ignorant. Suspect
Do you not think the pubs around Drumcondra do better for league matches? Seemed to be big crowds in some of them for the double header opening the league last year and the finals too, admittedly people will look to head home but I doubt places do as a good a trade on weekends when there's no matches on.

Surely there's a few extra pints pulled the weekend matches are played, even if they are only league matches.
sniper wrote:
As i was replying to TK and not you unless you are both and the same , i dont see how quoting my above response to Tk above warrants a reply to you in this instance , But as this is so incoherant it was necessary

So yeah you have this passage correct " seem to be written ( with the addition of BY) a gombeen with an agenda , I'll refrain from doing so" No problem Suspect .

Heaven forbid I miss out on one word in my post. I don't think it affected what I was actually trying to say too much really.

But if that's a road you want to go down, grammar, coherency then fine by me, but be prepared for some major holes to be picked in some of your arguments if sentence structure is so important to you. You used the words yourself, pot, kettle, black.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:43 am

Do you not think the pubs around Drumcondra do better for league matches

Honestly !! not in the last 3/4 years after League game , The bar trade die's a death an hour or so after the games , At weekends i will admit , bars are like a mortuary's , no more so like bars in some other parts of the country , as you know

I suppose it depends on the importance of the league games , but having travelled to most grounds away , as all games from here in County Kildare are away for me , I have noticed the same trends in bars around the country busy for a 1 or 2 then it dies down to whoever is staying around that night from any travelling support , which is very few in these economical times.

Look we can all get in a tizzy during debate's so yes , Pot Kettle Black , i admit i do the same and make errors when writing and I was wrong to pull you on words missing in your reply

I do want to get into a pissing contest with you , it doesnt do anyone here any favours Ageed

I suppose it has spiralled out of control admittedly by all parties Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 pm

I have voted YES but only cos I would travel to see Kildare play no matter where but that does not mean I will be happy about the change.
Back in the summer when this came up regarding the Limerick game I questioned why the Safety report was not made public!!!! As someone that works in Health & Safety for a living I would love to see the report. Lets all see what has to be down to the grounds to increse the capacity. If the report was made public there is a chance Kildare people/companies may be able to help.

Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:33 am

I echo shoutitout's sentiments, not happy about it but there's no way I (or my family) would stay away from a Kildare match...............
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:34 am

Sorry - I meant for reasons of protest.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:14 am

Wouldnt be happy at losing home Venue, but I Voted Yes.. Will continue for ever more to follow my County.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 am

Yes without doubt
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:31 am

The loyalty of people here is admirable but unfortuanately will be interpreted by HQ as a sign that Kildare fans will take anything that is thrown at them. We better get used to being the warm up act for the Dubs and to the end of Conleths as our home ground. I wont be travelling away to any home league matches, maybe that means that I'm not as dedicated as some on here but I think holding onto our home ground is important.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:18 am

I have to say I'm surprised with the amount of people who would go up there considering how they have messed us about over the last number of years. I thought the Kildare supporter would realise they have taken enough and see Croke Park has taken them for granted for as long as I can remember and will continue to do so. I expected this to be the line in the sand, but it seems we are still happy to be ridden rough shod over.

Good luck to the team when we are moved up there as the dubs support act, I won't be there I'm very sad to say. For my own sake I need to say enough is enough.St. Conleths has some great memories for me but it seems I won't add to them for a very long time. It's a sad day for me and will be for Kildare GAA when it inevitably happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?   Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will you go to Croke Park or Portlaoise if our league games are moved?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next