Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kieren McGeeney

Go down 
+84
nuxer
bloodsub
lilywhites on tour
thehouse
Ogie
o4alife
shortgrass
ripvanwinkle
Duder
lillyboy
losthope
Athyman
swingfly
Borderline
W .H. OAMI
johnsmyth
SeeTheStars
northernlily
SeamusMurphy
Ohtoohtobe
denlaw
TheBlowIn
JahoeC
Onhisboot
Cassanata
Misneach
carburyman
jimmers
lovelyLily
teedee
lollypop
Director
paddyr
Stonecold
tomoneillandhissisteranne
micky murphy
fatherted
Botch
murof
kartman
Big Full Back
moatesports
lilysavage
realist
BelieveToAchieve
LilyMaguire
Westside
shoutitout
jj
Could'nt Trap Cement
Gaa1928
peile
Shergar
Son of Sarsfields
kelf
walsheman
Lily8
stanley
if_in_doubt
MD
Loads of Pints
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
bag of white
Dinny Breen
flourman
jobluts
bk 1
Lilywhite forever
Cilldara_2000
Cranky
KILL BILL
overthebar
Rex
Haggisgolf
kickingking
geezerslilywhites
bob12
OutTheGap
topcat
jim
Bad News Baba
Taibi
88 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:26 am

Let me be the first to thank Geezer for his 6 years with Kildare.

He brought a level of professionalism to the county that was never witnessed before and that will never be truly appreciated.

Bitterly disappointed with the news and his tenure will only really be appreciated in the future when things aren't greener on the other side.

Thanks Geezer. Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:29 am

Utter fucking madness!
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:33 am

Thanks to Kieran for all he has done and best wishes in your next appointment as there will be many looking for you.

To the clubs that voted against him, you sicken me and I'm ashamed to be a Kildare supporter tonight. Sorry ex supporter as I'm done with it. May you have no luck in the future.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:42 am

Why oh why did they let the clubs decide as they only have the best intrests of the club at heart. This is utter madness. I'll be expecting a few more retirement s in the near future. Im gutted.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:43 am

Geezer could benefit from this as if I was frank murthy or whoever is running things down in cork I would be onto him in the morning. He gave Kildare great service over the 6 years unfortunately he just couldn't get us over the line but he deserves a huge thank you from all Kildare fans. As I have said I think now is the right time for him to go doesn't mean I don't appreciate the fact that he has helped lay a fantastic platform for the new man to kick on from.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:45 am

I'd like to thank Kieran for all he has done for us and wish him the best of luck in the future.

He brought great professionalism and dedication to the setup and had a great determination to see Kildare succeed. He will be a hard act to follow.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:46 am

so sad to hear this KIERAN YOU BROUGHT US TO A new level best of luck in the future . on a bitter note my club hasn't asked me to vote on this and all I can say I hope we abstained as I feel thus is a dark day
Back to top Go down
geezerslilywhites
Junior C
Junior C

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:47 am

As my name suggests, I would be bracketed amongst the 'pro mcgeeney' side, but I will make no apologies for that. The man has done wonders for kildare, more than even just the results show. As a man who comes from a Meath family background I can honestly say those victories in 2010 and 11 were some of the best days I've had supporting kildare, how many kildare teams of the past would have come through that test in Javan that night. We had other great days too, and I even recall one Donegal supporter going on air after the controversy over their performance against Dublin in the 2011 semi and him saying that after watching our comeback against down the year before all he wanted from his team was to display the same fighting spirit as us! Would love kfm to try and get an interview with kieran over the coming weeks, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wud like to send a message of thanks! Cheers Kieran, u deserved a better send off than this.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:48 am

I think it is the right time for a change but I have to take my hat off for the man for the work he has done in Kildare. We can all nit pick over small things but on the whole his contribution has been immensely positive for Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Haggisgolf
Junior A
Junior A

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:50 am

For a county struggling financially this has the potential to be a significant set back as mc geeneys guaranteed profile would be more attractive to sponsors than the unknown. Remember Bradys came on board partly due to the McGeeney factor. Interesting to see how fundraising and sponsorship goes from here!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:50 am

I was keeping my powder dry to see what happened and I'm stunned. I cannot believe that they have got rid of the best thing to happen to Kildare in years. I really don't know what to think. Complete shellshock. Never did I think they would do it. I thought they would have a moan and then ratify him again.

I my view we're heading down the Laois and Offaly route now. Years in the wilderness. The clubs will be happy though as they have given the CB a kicking.

There are a lot of lads on here who wanted him gone, well you got your wish. But as they old saying goes be careful what you wish for.

Stunned, disgusted, speechless. We have made a monumental mistake.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:56 am

Jaysus lads nobody died.......yes he did bring us on and brought a great professional approach to the county and we should thank him for his commitment to our county. Some of the posters here are like boyzone or take that fans with their bawling and crying after they disbanded......

Last edited by overthebar on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:56 am

That's me done with, Club Kildare et al, same old crap
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 am

Players not happy on twitter. Sense a downing of tools coming. We really have screwed the pooch tonight.

I'm out of Club Kildare as well pointless giving in money to this shower.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:01 am

While I agree with your sentiments Rex, I don't believe we will be as bad as Laois and Offaly. We won Leinster Minor, Junior and U21 titles this year so there's a good base for the new man to work with.

It's obvious he wanted to stay on, the players wanted him to stay on and any right minded Kildare supporter wanted him to stay on but of course the old parish pump politicians thought otherwise.

I never thought for a second it would happen. Crazy, crazy, crazy.
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior A
Junior A
Cranky

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:02 am

I'm absolutely flabbergasted. The players were 100% behind him and the majority of fans. I cant believe the clubs have been allowed to decide this as I know for a fact that many of them don't give a hoot about the Kildare team. Sure the last 15 months haven't been the best but there was a clear rebuilding process in place, division 1 football secured again for 2014 and promising young lads coming through who I believe would of matured greatly under Geeezer. Well done CB you have certainly did it this time you incompetent shower of muppets.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:06 am

Daniel Flynn is actually spot on. All our debate here, discussions in clubs, pubs, matches, wherever and by whomever; how many have any idea what's actually going on? The rule quoted in the other thread should be changed to reserve powers over management and selection to the executive rather than the whole county board. Why should people who don't really know what's going on have such a big say (or any say at all really)? In any walk of life incomplete information leads to poor decision making.

I'd say a huge thanks to Kieran for his work in the county. The whole set up is unrecognisable from before his tenure. Bloody awful to see it end this way.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:07 am

Its an absolute disgrace that he's gone. Clubs sticking their nose's in. The players wanted him to stay was that not good enough? Im sure those idiots and half the idiot's on this forum are delighted with this terrible news. Now go get your mighty Glen or whoever in and destroy yourselves. Its absolutely disgraceful what has been done tonight. How the hell can half of you clown's think that the name's suggested on this forum to replace Mcgeeney will do a better job is beyond me. We hit the self destruct button tonight. Its pathetic
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:07 am

where do we go from here,, back down the divs id say,,
kieran stepped us up 100%,
who next ??????????????????????
Back to top Go down
jobluts
Intermediate
Intermediate

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:10 am

If Mr Mcgeeney is such a loss to us lets see who will be looking to get him ,nobody i think
Back to top Go down
bk 1
Senior
Senior

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:11 am

thank you kieran for all you have done for kildare football,
i can only see us falling down the divs now,
who next ??????????????????
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:12 am

There will be a queue you fool. To think otherwise is idiotic.

It's already been mentioned but the players are steaming about this. I fully expect a players meeting with a Cork style strike to occur. I think we have not heard the last of this.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:13 am

@jobluts. Oh shut up you idiot there will be plenty of good teams wanting a manager of Mcgeeney's calibre in
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:16 am

I hope the players show the courage of their convictions here and act on the frustrations they have shown on twitter this evening.

I too will be reviewing my Club Kildare membership for next year.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:17 am

jobluts wrote:
If Mr Mcgeeney is such a loss to us lets see who will be looking to get him ,nobody i think
There'll be a rake of counties looking for him. Particularly counties who go years not making it to the quarters like Kildare had before McGeeney who'll now look at his record with Kildare and 5 quarters in 6 years and say "we want some of that".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kieren McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kieren McGeeney   Kieren McGeeney Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kieren McGeeney
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next