Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Merrins and McGeeney

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tommyconlan
Junior C
Junior C

Merrins and McGeeney Empty
PostSubject: Merrins and McGeeney   Merrins and McGeeney Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:06 pm

With all the hype and euphoria of the last few weeks there is one man that we should not forget and that is former Charman Syl Merrins who had the b***s to give McGeeney the job in the first place. I would have to admit that I thought it was a bad move to bring a rookie manager on board at the time and after the defeat to Wicklow I thought we should have packed him back to Armagh but Merrins was always convinced it would work and it could yet prove the greatest masterstroke of all time.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Merrins and McGeeney   Merrins and McGeeney Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:10 pm

did a solo number, which didn't go down well with one or two members of the executive - who remain and would have not been gutted to see Geezer fail this year and to give him road as a result - but Syl had the courage of his conviction and teh ability to get the appointment done - in fairness, most people realised that he had outdone himself. But unlike a lot of officers, Syl is not just a man who loves football, he knows it and understands it. Read an article with Larry Tompkins today and he was talking about playing U21 with Syl - he was full of praise for Syl
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A
sam10

PostSubject: Re: Merrins and McGeeney   Merrins and McGeeney Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:17 pm

I

Last edited by sam10 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Merrins and McGeeney   Merrins and McGeeney Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:06 pm

Mangan dosen't hold a position which would entitle hm to interview McGeeney. Syl as chairman of the countyboard is the only one who could do this. He may however have invited Mangan along to the interview.
It was a very good move by a young and thoughtful chairman, a guy who I believe will go on to bigger and better things in the GAA. Theres no doubt that some of the present officers are only waiting for the chance to stick the knives in Geezers back. They wouldnt have the balls to confront him on any matter. The fact remains that Kieran McGeeney is the best manager Kildare have ever had. Its only a matter of time before the silverware is delivered. That may well be in 3 weeks time against Cork as I believe we will edge out Down tomorrow, or even after a replay next week!
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A
sam10

PostSubject: Re: Merrins and McGeeney   Merrins and McGeeney Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:21 pm

I

Last edited by sam10 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Merrins and McGeeney   Merrins and McGeeney Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Lads please be careful with what you say on this subject. No problem pointing out the foresight in Geezer's appointment but don't go into anything else. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Merrins and McGeeney   Merrins and McGeeney Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:03 pm

there's been nothing libellous said Admin
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Merrins and McGeeney   Merrins and McGeeney Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:32 pm

I know there has not but lets make sure we don't .
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Merrins and McGeeney   Merrins and McGeeney Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:02 am

That's fair enough!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merrins and McGeeney   Merrins and McGeeney Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merrins and McGeeney
Page 1 of 1