Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High Performance Seminar

Go down 
+2
lillyboy
coffeybrendan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
coffeybrendan
Junior A
Junior A

High Performance Seminar Empty
PostSubject: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:21 pm

This should be a really good event - good initiative by all concerned and it also doubles as a fundraiser for the senior's training fund so well worth supporting.

High Performance Seminar Kildar11

The annual GAA Games Development Conference is also on this weekend, which I've always found to be excellent - something for everyone in it whether player, coach or manager.

http://www.gaa.ie/coaching-and-games-development/news/1812131548-gaa-researchers-forum-as-part-of-the-games-development-conference/
Back to top Go down
coffeybrendan
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:44 pm

Just to add some info to the above - the funds raised from the seminar will actually fund training equipment that will be used by all squads from under-14 up to senior in hurling and football and the specific equipment they plan to use - speed gates, vertical jump mats etc - will help county coaches track player development through the system.
Without wishing to sound like a cheerleader for the county board, it's great to see this kind of work going on behind the scenes. This is the really important stuff, ultimately.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:57 am

Agreed - but that's the end of my compliments for the CB.

It would be nice if they'd have got off their proverbials to fix some of the many broken seats in the stand over the 2 or 3 months since Conleths was used. It's getting beyond a joke. There's a whole row near the back of the stand that have come loose and are unusable/ dangerous. It's not something that would cost a lot of money - it's just laziness and lack of care for their paying customers.

It's not as if they've got 5,000 seats to maintain!

While I'm ranting the lack of promotion from the CB for the match last Saturday was another indictment. I watche the website carefully and the only news item on there was a happy Christmas message.

Other CBs were busy promoting themselves and their games on Twitter last week - not a dicky bird from Kildare GAA despite them having one of the bigger twitter followings of county boards.

Shoddy ...
Back to top Go down
coffeybrendan
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:13 am

In fairness Crofter the county PRO, who is doing a fine job, is on honeymoon at the moment so they're entitled to be cut a bit of slack on that front but PR has never really been seen as important by the powers that be unfortunately.

And if they can run an event to fundraise for a specific cause like coaching equipment then no reason why the same couldn't be done in regard to Conleth's
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:32 am

+ 1 I think people are much more inclined to donate when the know where the money is going rather than into the black hole of debt and I know that has to be paid to. Lots of good stuff in the upstairs in hawkfield already and this will add to it
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:03 am

That's feckin' typical for the PRO to go on honeymoon just as the inter-co season starts

(Only joking)

But seriously, the seating situation is beyond a joke at this stage and would make you embarrassed to be a Kildare supporter. Some might say it's not a big deal but for me it reflects an attitude towards the supporter / customer that wouldn't get any ordinary business (bar Ryanair before Mickey Leary saw the light) very far.

Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:16 am

Agree with you on seating in conleths, but its very hard to have seating in good condition the way conleths is set up, its to open to anti social behavior and I along with 9 or 10 other people who volunteered spent a few days a couple times last year fixing seating after some thugs kicked the backs of seats and burnt other seating.......
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:35 am

Good of you to do that - why is Conleths any more open to anti social behaviour than other provincial grounds who seem to be able to maintain much larger seating areas than ours?
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:59 am

Well crofter, it doesn't help with the parking inside conleths, gates were some times left open during the day and some times late into the evening, also the thugs are able to get in over the back wall on kilcullen end....there is always some harm done most weekends.....very hard to keep these fcukers out although its not as bad over the last while since some security gates were put up going under the stands.......
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:37 am

Fair points Overthebar .. Thugs is right ..
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:28 am

Seats still in rag order last Sunday - can't imagine they'd even pass a H&S inspection - if they are broken to the degree that their fittings have come loose from the concrete I would have thought they should be clearly marked as out of use if they can't manage to fix them. Slipshod, lazy and showing utter contempt for safety and customer welfare.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:23 am

U volunteering to do the "clear marking" or some repairs like the 10 people did last time ?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:01 pm

When I go to the movies or pay for a restaurant I don't expect to have to repair the seating Kelf - it wouldn't take many of those allowed to slip in the main gate for free to do it. I give enough of my time and money to the GAA countrywide as it is.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:48 am

Crofter: I read in an another thread that 10 or 12 people got stuck in and repaired the seats.

Probably saved Kildare GAA €5,000 or more. I admire those people.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:33 am

Must have done since Sunday then.

Different people have different commitments Kelf. Great that people had the time and willingness to do that. Some Kildare fans support them despite significant travel if living outside the county, some have family issues, health issues. There are different ways to do it. Anyway I'm delighted the situation is sorted. €5k is a drop in the ocean compared to an injury claim so I'm delight it the CB are no longer exposed to that.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:48 am

I am talking about what those people did in 2013. !!!!!!!

U could organise a similar 2014 effort ??
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 3:24 am

I live outside the county - I'm doing well just to continue attending virtually every game without divorce proceedings. It costs me a small fortune to do so, much of which goes into GAA coffers. I'd suggest some of those being let in free to Conleths might be a better place to start looking for your volunteers.
Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

How did this seminar go lads? did anyone from here go? i couldnt make it due to work commitments..
looked like it was very interesting!!

any feedback would be great..
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Good turn out on the night, j Ryan was mc and through s&c guys did most of the talking. A lot about doing stuff to reduce injuries like screening etc. Informative enough without been earth shattering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Performance Seminar   High Performance Seminar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Performance Seminar
Page 1 of 1