Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GAA versus Rugby

Go down 
+2
kelf
totalgaa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

GAA versus Rugby Empty
PostSubject: GAA versus Rugby   GAA versus Rugby Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 7:34 am

2 big LEAGUE games on in the capital tomorrow night, in 2 stadiums only a few miles apart both starting at 7pm. I wonder which game will we hear more about in our news media, radio, TV and written over the next few days and which game will have the largest attendance.
I know Rugby in Ireland is going through a Golden era at the moment but I think out GAA leaders must sit up and take notice of what is happening as a lot of our talented players in all counties are turning to the oval ball. A few years ago under age teams had no competition from Rugby now talk to anyone involved in clubs in Kildare and see if they have to vie for the hearts and minds of of our young players, why for Gods Sake in Newbridge I see the Patricians not noted as a Rugby school are now fielding a successful Rugby team.
Professional Rugby coaches are visiting all our primary schools on a regular basis and encouraging the younsters to joint their local rugby club not like our limited supply of coaches who can only hit a school once ever few years and are depending in the main on the clubs to coach in the schools.
Time for our leaders to sit up and take note and not again renting out our grounds to glamorise the game of rugby within our shores by hosting a World Cup, can you imagine the press coverage then, we seen last time with Ireland and England in Croker and dont tell me that it does not impress young minds.

I will say fair play to the Rugby Authorities for the way they have promoted their game but I dont think our head honchos should help in that promotion for a bit of cash.

Tomorrow night will tell the tale as regards GAA versus Rugby in this year of 2014 and sadly I think I know as least tomorrow who the winners will be.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

GAA versus Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA versus Rugby   GAA versus Rugby Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 10:38 am

So the attendance in Landowse (L & M 17 counties!!) can be compared to the attendaces at home national League games in leinster & Munster...........a game involving just 2 counties is hardly comparable
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

GAA versus Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA versus Rugby   GAA versus Rugby Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 10:41 pm

We also have Leinster v Munster in the Football what are the attendance for those?. The IRFU market there product very well more and more kids are playing rugby and soccer where we hope in the gaa that kids will just turn up to play.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

GAA versus Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA versus Rugby   GAA versus Rugby Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:02 am

Leinster-Munster in Railway Cups means nothing. Leinster-Munster in rugby in a sh*t league is their All Ireland final and there'll be more at that. As I said on another thread, average attendance for a province in rugby is 12,500. There are league games where we nearly get that.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

GAA versus Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA versus Rugby   GAA versus Rugby Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 7:34 pm

Full stadiums in any sport is to be applauded. Two great sports. Leinster/Munster in rugby is a great sporting event. Come championship time..plenty of big crowds for the GAA. Live and let live. I see no issue here.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

GAA versus Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA versus Rugby   GAA versus Rugby Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:06 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
Full stadiums in any sport is to be applauded. Two great sports. Leinster/Munster in rugby is a great sporting event. Come championship time..plenty of big crowds for the GAA. Live and let live. I see no issue here.

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GAA versus Rugby Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA versus Rugby   GAA versus Rugby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GAA versus Rugby
Page 1 of 1