Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare v louth

Go down 
+47
Cilldara_2000
rob11
Sam1928
shoutitout
smokey
FearBan
Shergar
White Bridge
steviegenius
Dido
losthope
jimmers
Rex
Loads of Pints
Taibi
LillieLad
Dinny Breen
micky murphy
bag of white
topcat
kelf
KILL BILL
lillyboy
flourman
tomoneillandhissisteranne
shoeshine
Ogie
overthebar
inexile
lilly-exile
Stonecold
johnsmyth
Westside
carburyman
Ohtoohtobe
if_in_doubt
Lilywhite forever
Onhisboot
TommyKeegan
OutTheGap
kickingking
SeamusMurphy
lilywhites on tour
jj
murof
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

kildare v louth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Who is saying its a formality? Some think we will lose some think we will win. It will be a close encounter but if we are going on league form well their form was worse than ours seen as they were relegated to division 3. They are hardly world beaters now on the basis of a 5 point win over Westmeath.
Louth can be good at times but they can be poor too. Its a good way for us to start, no point in playing Carlow and walking into a semi final.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 7:58 pm

We have defensive issues that will hopefully be addressed, we don't have an issue with scoring so even in worst case scenario with a straight shoot out Kildare will outscore Louth...
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 8:45 pm

johnsmyth wrote:
Who is saying its a formality? Some think we will lose some think we will win. It will be a close encounter but if we are going on league form well their form was worse than ours seen as they were relegated to division 3. They are hardly world beaters now on the basis of a 5 point win over Westmeath.
Louth can be good at times but they can be poor too. Its a good way for us to start, no point in playing Carlow and walking into a semi final.  

Did you read Carburymans post?

Theyre inside forward line are going to take some watching
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:05 pm

White stars wrote:
God its gone back to the days where we're not confident at all of beating Louth. And if we do beat them it will be deemed a great result. How standards have dropped over the last year is crazy. Its pretty depressing really. The Crofton/Nolan years spring to mind.

When We were confident of beating Louth we usually lost to them..

Unless your Dublin, I dont think any Team in Leinster can be taking for granted, and even the Dubs dont take Meath for granted..
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Was at the game in Mullingar Saturday night and Louth are a poor enough team. They play 2 in the full forward line, 1 half forward and everyone else defends. Not much pace either. They were lucky that Westmeath are a shambles. Keenan and the young sub got them over the line.
If we play to somewhere close to our best we will win very comfortably.
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:04 pm

White stars wrote:
Or we didn't earn positivity in 08, when we were relegated from Division 1 winning only one game i think. Losing to Wicklow in the first round of Leinster. Look what happened after that we regrouped and unexpectedly got to an All Ireland Quarter final. Where we pushed Cork all the way.

That was McGeaneys' first Championship match in charge wasn't it? I remember coming out of Croke park thinking he shouldn't last long after that. If I recall correctly we were lucky to get over Cavan in the qualifiers and then travelled to Limerick, where Limerick were the favourites. We won that and I remember the excitement after the match. It was like everybody realised a corner had been turned and were all looking forward to the future. And so it turned out. The point I'm trying to make is give this team (incl manager and mentors) a chance.  Judge them when their 2014 Championship run finishes not before.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:50 pm

carburyman wrote:
Kildare will win this one by about three or four points then on to meath.
Couple of challenge games going up see how they go

Do you know what challenge matches are coming up Carburyman?
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Cork next week end any way for now
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:23 pm

carburyman wrote:
Cork next week end any way for now

thanks, would like to go along if they have a game closer to home coming up
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Pm me esb and i let you know
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Carburyman, I sent a pm to you also.......
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:41 pm

Ah just tell us all..
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:12 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
lilywhites on tour wrote:
Agree white stars! But jaysus a bit of positivism on here wouldn't go astray!! Come on t'fuck lads, have faith. No point in going in with a defeatist attitude before a ball is kicked!

You earn positivity. People just being realistic and giving opinions based on the muck served up over the last few months.

last year, no?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:13 am

I can understand why people view it as a dangerous game but can't understand why some are so negative that they seem sure Louth will win.

If we had been relegated from Division Two and beat Westmeath in a close game the end of the world would be nigh. But when it's Louth it means they're better than us.

Look it's a game we could lose if we don't play well but I'd expect Kildare to win and I think we will.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:15 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
White stars wrote:
God its gone back to the days where we're not confident at all of beating Louth. And if we do beat them it will be deemed a great result. How standards have dropped over the last year is crazy. Its pretty depressing really. The Crofton/Nolan years spring to mind.

When We were confident of beating Louth we usually lost to them..

Unless your Dublin, I dont think any Team in Leinster can be taking for granted, and even the Dubs dont take Meath for granted..

+100
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:22 am

@inexile. Yea that was Mcgeeneys first championship match. And look what happened after that between 09-11. We were regarded as serious All Ireland contenders and rightly so imo. Maybe Jason Ryan can get us to that position again? Ya never know. I wouldn't lose faith in him or the team because of a disappointing league campaign. Maybe we're better off writing off our chances. That's when we'll come good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:40 am

People are reading way too much into a few challenge match defeats. We beat Down convincingly in a challenge match a few weeks back and they should really have beaten Tyrone yesterday. Form in those games means little when it comes to the championship.

Ryan's challenge is to sort the defence out after a disappointing effort in the league. If we have tightened up a bit in the intervening weeks then we should have too much firepower for Louth.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 8:34 pm

kickingking wrote:
People are reading way too much into a few challenge match defeats. We beat Down convincingly in a challenge match a few weeks back and they should really have beaten Tyrone yesterday. Form in those games means little when it comes to the championship.

Ryan's challenge is to sort the defence out after a disappointing effort in the league. If we have tightened up a bit in the intervening weeks then we should have too much firepower for Louth.

I dont think so Kickingking I was at the Down game in Carton and they played with half their team in each half. I havent heard great things about the management set up to this point but maybe thats going to be the case in any county that are losing matchs. Time will tell if Jason Ryan can turn things around and get it right in championship.
Back to top Go down
shoeshine
Junior A
Junior A
shoeshine

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Listening to JR on kfm podcast from last night it seems like there are more injury worries. Dowling, Groome, Gately, Brophy, O'Grady and Kelly.

http://kfmsport.podomatic.com/entry/2014-05-19T12_24_57-07_00
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:52 pm

It's a truism but if we can't beat Louth we're better off out of it. I'd be hoping and thinking we can - depends on whether we can improve on the league. But, yes, we shouldn't be living in fear. Bogey sides are only bogey sides because you can't beat them. Respect them? Yes. Fear them? No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:19 am

Anyone willing to predict a result in this game?

No chat.

I'm saying Louth by 4 points.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:22 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Ah just tell us all..
jason playing his close to his chest at moment
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:05 am

Jayson Rhine wrote:
Anyone willing to predict a result in this game?

No chat.

I'm saying Louth by 4 points.

I'd say your only dying for that prediction to happen.
If you call yourself a Kildare supporter then you are the worst supporter I ever came across.
I hope the players out busting a gut don't read this forum because a minority of twats on here make it an absolute disgrace.

I'll put my prediction up in the prediction thread where there is no chat.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:32 am

+1
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Kildare by 5+
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare v louth
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next