Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare v louth

Go down 
+47
Cilldara_2000
rob11
Sam1928
shoutitout
smokey
FearBan
Shergar
White Bridge
steviegenius
Dido
losthope
jimmers
Rex
Loads of Pints
Taibi
LillieLad
Dinny Breen
micky murphy
bag of white
topcat
kelf
KILL BILL
lillyboy
flourman
tomoneillandhissisteranne
shoeshine
Ogie
overthebar
inexile
lilly-exile
Stonecold
johnsmyth
Westside
carburyman
Ohtoohtobe
if_in_doubt
Lilywhite forever
Onhisboot
TommyKeegan
OutTheGap
kickingking
SeamusMurphy
lilywhites on tour
jj
murof
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

kildare v louth - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Kildare will win this, I'm certain of that, how far more we progress is another matter altogether...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Jayson Rhine has just peddeled shite for the last few weeks. Should be blocked!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 7:23 pm

umpireonditch wrote:

He has peddled it for years he just keeps changing his name every few months to try confuse, I think its his 5th name change. He is just a bitter man, dunno why he bothers "supporting" Kildare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 7:47 pm

whats his previous alias??
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:50 pm

As a BIFFO my prediction might not matter but for what its not worth

Kildare to win by 8 points +
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:53 pm

umpireonditch wrote:
whats his previous alias??

Walter White was his last alias
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Lets be positive.. Our Lads to win by 4.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:01 pm

I think Kildare will win by 3 or 4, basing that on nothing in particular!! Midfield will be absolutely crucial in this game, our back have been poor all year and Lennon and Maguire are dangerous forwards, similarly I don't believe their backs are great and can be got at if we get enough ball.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:17 pm

I'll back Kildare by a few points at least.

If people are worried about our defence being poor and easy to break through, then I imagine they'd be of the same opinion regarding a Louth defence that during the league conceded 12-97, just 11 points less than us against much inferior teams.

Unless they've managed to shore up that defence greatly over the last few weeks then it might well come down to a shootout which I'd fancy us to win.

Kildare by 4+
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Nothing like a good "shootout" eh iid ??, and I agree, id fancy us to outscore them..

But looking further ahead (hopefully), I think it was micky who made the point earlier, We have to look at a diferent system, especially if We meet the Dubs... Looking back at the U21 Semi Final, an average enough Cavan Team ran Dublin so close, with a very defensive minded system.. However Roscommon went the opposite way in the Final, going Man for Man in a "shootout", and got severly mauled..
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:35 am

Ah lads, listen to yourselves. Throwing out wild assumptions yet again (like he'd be delighted if Kildare lost) that he has clearly stated was not true as a reason to hammer him. Not only can lads not argue the facts anymore, they've been reduced to arguing stuff they make up about people.

Wanting the best for the county, being unhappy with the set-up and not predicting a Kildare win now makes you a bad supporter that should be blocked? Some of ye need to f**k off to North Korea to be fair. Am I in the same boat after years of going to every and any game? Must hate Kildare for being unhappy at the way things are run and should be banned for predicting we will lose? Ye could design an armband symbol that we have to wear in St Conleth's and shave our heads in your spare time.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:44 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Ah lads, listen to yourselves. Throwing out wild assumptions yet again (like he'd be delighted if Kildare lost) that he has clearly stated was not true as a reason to hammer him. Not only can lads not argue the facts anymore, they've been reduced to arguing stuff they make up about people.

Wanting the best for the county, being unhappy with the set-up and not predicting a Kildare win now makes you a bad supporter that should be blocked? Some of ye need to f**k off to North Korea to be fair. Am I in the same boat after years of going to every and any game? Must hate Kildare for being unhappy at the way things are run and should be banned for predicting we will lose? Ye could design an armband symbol that we have to wear in St Conleth's and shave our heads in your spare time.

Godwin's law is alive and well.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:46 am

It's a Kildare Fans Forum, it's in the blood, there is something wrong when you back the opposition against your team and then call yourself a genuine supporter. Why do people support West Ham, Villa, Spurs, Connaught rugby? Because they are proud to be, even when the shit hits the fan they are there and damned if you tell them different.

Only time in all my years of supporting Kildare I ever questioned my loyalties was after the Dublin game last year.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:50 am

Ah StoneCold that's ridiculous. Worse than that it's probably the stupidest thing I've ever read on here.

It's a Kildare forum therefore we cannot think Kildare will lose and not say a bad word when things are going bad? There's a difference between supporting and thinking we'll win or lose. Can't you see that? Just because someone loves Kildare and wants the best for them and supports them with passion doesn't mean we have to say we'll win every game. If we reach a Leinster final and play Dublin, do we all have to say Kildare will win or its not in our blood. I've gone to 100s of Kildare games that I thought we'd lose based on rationale and cheered them from start to finish before defeat. So that makes me not a genuine fan. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:54 am

No I don't believer for one second we'll win every game. We'll struggle against the top teams and Dublin are on a different planet to us, but if your telling me that we are going to loose to Louth and backing Louth to win that's red rag to bull stuff. To use my analogy West Ham v Spurs
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:56 am

What's backing Louth to win mean? I think Louth will beat Kildare but I will cheer for Kildare from start to finish like I have all my life. And at the end I'll sit down, calm down, analyse what happened and look at it against what I believe are the best interests and what is the future of Kildare football. But I still think Louth will win based on what's happened with us this year and the fact they won their first game and based on their manager and ours.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:33 am

Tommy, based on whats happened this year you think Louth will beat us? We got relegated from Div 1 and they from Div 2. Were it not for the freak ending to the Tyrone game we could have stayed up.
So what they beat Westmeath, we hammered them in our final match and they looked a disinterested team that day. If they had beaten Laois or Wexford I might be a little more concerned.
By the way is that young forward that caused us so much bother last year in Australia still? Cant remember his name, Colin Byrne? Prefer not to run into him again in a hurry!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:47 am

Now I've to justify why I think we'll lose? God help us. Okay, I think against teams without form recent history has shown sides coming through the first round in Leinster have a distinct advantage against those cold in the quarter-finals. I think the league meant more to us than them, in terms of importance of good start for new manager. I think their win over Westmeath will have banished their league form, given them momentum and focused them whereas our confidence is still rock bottom as I believe is the belief in the manager within the camp. On top of that I think they've a better midfield and a far better defensive system. I think we'll struggle to score as they funnel back but our full-back line will be exposed by our system which offers no protection and by their counter-attacking style. And I don't think we've seen enough to suddenly think we'll be a different side from what has gone before. Thus based on all that I think Louth win. That doesn't make me any less of a supporter nor does it mean I hope we lose. But I think it's all rational.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:58 am

murof wrote:
Tommy, based on whats happened this year you think Louth will beat us? We got relegated from Div 1 and they from Div 2. Were it not for the freak ending to the Tyrone game we could have stayed up.
So what they beat Westmeath, we hammered them in our final match and they looked a disinterested team that day. If they had beaten Laois or Wexford I might be a little more concerned.
By the way is that young forward that caused us so much bother last year in Australia still? Cant remember his name, Colin Byrne? Prefer not to run into him again in a hurry!

Ciara Byrne Murof and no he's still in Australia with Carlton.

Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:03 am

Actually have to agree with your 'justification' there Tommy however i am hoping the Kildare set-up including the players man-up and i hope if the players are brought in with the correct mentality and game plan in that every players will need to scrap, fight and battle for everything at 110% of their capabilities we have a chance.
And i know you hope so too Tommy!!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:08 am

I've never questioned you as a supporter Tommy, on this thread or any other. All I asked was why you thought Louth would beat us based on league form.
It is a forum where Kildare supporters debate all issues relating to football in Kildare. A few posters have never accepted Ryan as our manager simply because of the manner of the departure of his predecessor.
It irks some of us that those same supporters have been so negative and in some cases abusive to Ryan from the get go. McGeeney got a chance to redeem himself and took it admirably and surely Ryan deserves the same chance? Come to think about it did McGeeney not screw up badly in 2010 narrowly avoiding relegation to Div 3 and getting hammered by Louth. He was given another chance and came close to reaching an AI final.
Do we learn nothing from recent history?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:17 am

Stonecold wrote:
umpireonditch wrote:

He has peddled it for years he just keeps changing his name every few months to try confuse, I think its his 5th name change. He is just a bitter man, dunno why he bothers "supporting" Kildare.

I get fed up of the same username.

My previous alias has been (so that I cannot be accussed of hiding) FionnMcCool, Walter White and now Jayson Rhine.

All my previous posts can be viewed by clicking my profile, to say I change my name to confuse is utter tripe.

I want the best for my county in GAA and footballing terms. From the very outset I've fimrly said all along that I believe the county board are inept on various fronts from Conleths Park, Fundraising, Hurling within the county, underage , club fixtures and of course the intercounty team where I believe it was a severe error of judgement to vote McGeeney out, even the way the vote itself was conducted was laughable.
I didn't agree with the appointment of Jason Ryan from the word go and my concerns about this seem to be coming to fruition.

If that makes me bitter, well then I guess I'm bitter.

Stonecold you did after all predict we would beat Kerry and Stay up in Division 1. You're not too bad at peddling shite. What happened to your predicitons

The big moment for me was when one Kildare player after the Kerry loss in Newbridge admitted in an interview that Kerry wanted it more and were hungrier and there was a confidence issue in the squad.

I think there is serious issues within the panel, anyone who wouldn't have concerns about Kildare at the moment is buring their heads in the sand.

I stand by my prediction of a Louth win. I'll be in Croker regardless.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:23 am

Tommy you strike me as someone who is hoping Louth win to vindicate your stance, you're views now are at the other end of the spectrum from where you spent 3 years writing Kildare up via the Tribune and eircom.ie etc wax-lyrically about Kildare players. Yet these same Kildare players who you deemed good enough to beat the Dublin, Tyrone's etc have regressed at such a rate they will now fail to beat a Louth team whom who you haven't seen play but let me remind were relegated from Division 2 without winning a game, the won a battle of 2 of the worse three worse teams across the 4 Divisions, only Offaly had a worse record. Maybe you don't realise it but your musings have painted a very black and white stance, McGeeney good Ryan bad. Now I was very much in the McGeeney camp, disappointed to see him go but what he had created was a player driven culture of excellence and I expect that will be his legacy. Do I think Ryan will build on that, I don't know but he has to be given a chance and be judged on championship results as every manager is, you though seem to have is epitaph written before a ball has even been kicked. We are a Kildare supporters forum 18 days before a championship game, now is the time to put aside our difference, our doubts, our anger, our worries and our fears and unite to support our players, our club mates and in some cases our family. We all should want Kildare to win and I believe we will get that win on June.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:50 am

Don't think that's fair Dinny. I wrote regularly also that McGeeney and Johnston was shocking, that his in-game management wasn't good enough but that those who were saying Kildare were overrated based on no trophies were missing the signs of improvement, the quality of play, the stages of the All Ireland we were reaching and how we were regularly competing with the best. That is what I judged him on because I don't believe in this era where no one can compete with Dublin you can judge a manager solely off silverware. But yes, I did believe he improved pretty much every player as did those he brought in around him, he also improved their confidence and he also introduced a winning mentality that the county was beginning to buy into starting with the players. It got to the stage where excuses weren't good enough if we lost All Ireland quarter-finals which was some leap.

Now I don't think those same players are good enough to beat Louth because I think they have regressed through the system employed, the belief in the management, the frustration at the change of management and the confidence of consistent hidings that led to relegation and where nothing really changed other than dragging a better forward like Eoghan O'Flaherty into the backs. I don't think the full-back line believe in him either because they've been exposed to the point of ridicule without cover being introduced and if Ryan was trying to change their style to make them better man-markers then they definitely didn't buy into that. I don't think interviews done with the management like after the Derry game where players were wrongly singled out will have done much to players that had gotten used to so much unity while winning. And that and the reasons stated above makes me think that from the high of McGeeney's work, we've been reduced to a low where this team could lose to Louth based on rational observations. If that's black and white, not my fault.

I'll judge him on championship too, but yes, we are a forum of Kildare supporters 18 days before a game in a thread about that game and we are giving our thoughts on how the game will go and why we think it'll go that way, yet some of us who think it won't go well have been called (not by you) essentially traitors and it's been suggested we should be blocked.

PS Don't think fair to say I'd hope Louth win so I'm vindicated. Grew up crying on way home when Kildare lost, and evolved to the stage where the Gardai had to tell me to leave the top tier of the Cusack after we lost to Donegal in 2011 because I couldn't physically move for 50 minutes. That's what Kildare means to me, and that's why I'm so frustrated by what has happened this year and what I believe will continue to happen. And that starts with the league because I really believe the importance of staying in Division One, particularly for a young team with so much potential. It's no different to hurling where playing the best brings you closer to the best. But already - before we've even gotten to championship - that has gone and instead of players being used to the level of Dublin and Cork and Kerry and so on, we'll now get used to Roscommon and Laois and it'll be a step up rather than familiarity when we play the best in championship. Thus before our summer has started, we've taken a crushing blow already in terms of future development. And I don't think that's good enough given where we were with this team a year ago and what the new manager has done so far.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 4:02 am

I do firmly believe that 3 people on this forum have led a "I told you so" dogmatic stance since Geezer departure and like the Rory's video says even if we win against Louth you'll back Meath and so on and so on until you are "proved" right. Yeah sat back during the O'Byrne Cup and I said bide your time you will get your chance to crow and come the end of the Tyrone league match yea crowed and haven't stopped since. But yer the best supporters in Ireland, any county would be proud of ya! Yea want the best for Kildare, come on Louth! My arse!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare v louth   kildare v louth - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare v louth
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next