Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Meath

Go down 
+56
MD
topcat
ixus
gomearza
KILL BILL
Dinny Breen
Sam1928
micky murphy
Haggisgolf
wingback
inexile
Misneach
Gaa1928
bob12
Shergar
jim
hawker
white boy
lilywhites on tour
shoutitout
bag of white
Ohtoohtobe
jimmers
moatesports
carburyman
smokey
stanley
flourman
clonmullin
Ogie
lilysavage
tomoneillandhissisteranne
if_in_doubt
standhimup
Jimmy winning matches
jj
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
losthope
johnsmyth
murof
kildaregaa365
Kildare98
LillieLad
BelieveToAchieve
Rex
Westside
kickingking
Onhisboot
Taibi
Wonder48
Flamingo
KFSAM
Stonecold
kelf
TommyKeegan
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 5:56 am

Good result for Kildare, really concentrate their minds on how dangerous Meath forwards might be. Don't forget 2 years ago they needed a replay to beat Carlow and still beat us. They wont have learned anything from that game today and I honestly think we have the footballers to hurt them.
Once again I would worry about Foley being caught on a one to one with Newman or Bray. Really would like to see Kelly back for this one and with Lyons and Bolton back on song we should make it difficult for them to run up a winning score.
Really looking forward to this one and confidence should be high after the Louth game.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 6:41 am

Only 13 points in a one sided match hmm yeah ok
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 9:37 am

We scored 23 times against Louth - they scored 20 times against the worst team in the country.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 9:39 am

murof wrote:
Good result for Kildare, really concentrate their minds on how dangerous Meath forwards might be. Don't forget 2 years ago they needed a replay to beat Carlow and still beat us. They wont have learned anything from that game today and I honestly think we have the footballers to hurt them.
Once again I would worry about Foley being caught on a one to one with Newman or Bray. Really would like to see Kelly back for this one and with Lyons and Bolton back on song we should make it difficult for them to run up a winning score.
Really looking forward to this one and confidence should be high after the Louth game.

Equally I'd love to see Niall Kelly or Paddy Brophy up against Micky Burke, one of the worst inter county defenders I've seen in a long time. We've nothing to fear but fear itself against those lads.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Crofter wrote:
We scored 23 times against Louth - they scored 20 times against the worst team in the country.

1 penalty and 5 points from placed balls so in essence from play they scored 6-8. 8 points from play against Carlow is poor.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Meath do tend to hold on to the ball looking to create goal chances rather than tap over easy points.

While our defence did look a lot better against Louth, Louth were so bad that we weren't tested fully. Meath have a strong full-forward line so I'd say they will fancy their chances against our full-back line.

Last edited by JohnnyC on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:17 pm

Going by the very brief highlights on the Sunday Game it looked like a few of the Meath goals came from long balls into the full forward line.

If Meath are going to do the same against us then I'd worry about them trying to isolate Newman and Bray in there unless Peter Kelly is back. The days of them pumping high balls in on top of Joe Sheridan are long gone. Foley looked decent enough in the second half last weekend but was still beaten to the ball by his man on a number of occasions. If the reports of him flying in training are true then it's going to be a big call to make provided Kelly is fit and good to go.

6-8 from play? Love to know how many wides they knocked up or how many saves the keeper made because surely they'd want to be creating a hell of a lot more chances than that against a team as poor as Carlow.

Interesting to see who picks up Graham Reilly who is apparently playing a bit deeper now. Bolton owes him one but Cribbin could probably match him a bit better physically, either way both of them could give Reilly a few headaches forcing him to track back and defend a good bit.

Keogan playing at centreback is probably a bit of a bouns for us. It takes arguably their best defender out of the fullback line. Leave Brophy, Fogarty and Kelly in there, don't play into Kevin Reilly's hands by knocking in highballs and we can definitely cause them problems. Mickey Burke marking Brophy or Kelly?

Their team yesterday wasn't too different from the one we bet in the O'Byrne Cup back in January. I'd like to think we've progressed a bit more than them since then. No doubt they'll fancy their chances after racking up such a high score yesterday coupled with players returning from injury but with greater strength in depth there's no reason to be afraid of them.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Meath being Meath can always find an extra level playing in Croke Park and I'd expect a big game. Can't judge anything from the Carlow game. I understand they got two goals in 30 seconds so Carlow must have been at sea.

We played a proper team and blew them away but we need to up the performance again. Thankfully with lads pushing for places that should happen organically.

I suppose this aul World Cup will have to keep us ticking over until the real action!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 pm

The Carlow goal keeper yesterday was only brought into the panel last week because they lost their keepers. It was a toss up between him and the goalkeeping coach as to who would play yesterday!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:12 am

umpireonditch wrote:
The Carlow goal keeper yesterday was only brought into the panel last week because they lost their keepers. It was a toss up between him and the goalkeeping coach as to who would play yesterday!!

That's awful, I hope carlow find their keepers soon.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:28 am

Toss up between the Coach and the Bus Driver I heard.. Bad Weekend for Carew and Rainbow.

Id imagine the betting will be very close indeed, as I expect the Match to be, with us just getting over the line by a Point or Two.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:48 am

Jayson Rhine wrote:
umpireonditch wrote:

That's awful, I hope carlow find their keepers soon.

Finders keepers???? Mad 
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:24 pm

I suggested it would be tight betting wise.... Kildare 10/11, Meath 11/10, Draw 8/1.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:57 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I suggested it would be tight betting wise.... Kildare 10/11, Meath 11/10, Draw 8/1.

Congratulations...
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Hoganstand reporting (copying from someone else i assume) Kelly & Doyle back to full training and that Mulhall unlikely to be back in time for Meath game.

I'd imagine the two boys will prob be a little rusty for Meath game to start anyway, if that's the case i wouldn't be making any alterations.

Anyone know what story with P Cribben is? If he was fit i'd seriously consider bringing him in for Hurley and switching Paidi to midfield.
That said, with injuries the meath midfield will prob not be as strong as the Louth one so might be better leaving Hurley in again and hope he plays himself into some sort of form!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 1:35 am

Hurley didn't play midfield, Paidi did. Hurley just went in for the throw-ins.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 8:26 am

It says in today's Indo that Paul Cribbin has recovered from an ankle injury that kept him out for the Louth game, Peter Kelly and Eoin Doyle are back training fully and in contention for a place, Darroch Mulhall is back doing some light training but Mick O'Grady is still out.

It will be interesting to see what changes (if any) are made for the Meath game.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 8:33 am

Great to have real options at the back at last. It really cost us in the league with so many defenders missing. Starting to feel a little confident about this game now.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 6:27 am

Hard to call match on sunday. Kildare could fly and put on big score. Meath will fancy their chances of stifling our young guns but hopefully not. Need to see more Lilywhite supporters this weekend at Croker.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 6:40 am

paul cribben played for JTB at weekend
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 8:09 am

The weather look ok for Sunday

Last edited by white boy on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 8:10 am

The weather look ok for Sunday
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 8:16 am

sunny with few showers 18 celsius
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 8:46 am

Meath's Michael Newman rumoured to be struggling with a hamstring injury.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Meath   Kildare v Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Meath
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next