Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who will win the Senior Football Final??

Go down 
+12
kelf
shoutitout
rob11
bag of white
Sam1928
SeamusMurphy
Botch
OutTheGap
Dido
kickingking
Jimmy winning matches
Big Full Back
16 posters

Who will win the Senior Football Final?
Moorefield
Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Vote_lcap45%Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Vote_rcap
 45% [ 14 ]
Sarsfields
Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Vote_lcap48%Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Vote_rcap
 48% [ 15 ]
Draw & Replay
Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Vote_lcap6%Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Empty
PostSubject: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Well with a few days to go and not to decend into another dung fest, who's going to come out on top.
There is something intriguing about the whole thing...

Do Sarsfields start with or without their minors??
If they win the minor and its a tough game can they give any more??
If they lose the minor would they be up for another fight??

Can Moorefield leave all the distraction behind and concentrate on their own game plan??

Please give reasonable opinions and don't let this thead head towards lockdown like ones before....

My personal opinion is that Moorefield will be seriously up to racing out of the block and keep Sarsfields at bay. It's not clear cut by any means. I'm still undecided as to whether it will be close to the end or a runaway for Moorefield......

Plenty to ponder......
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 9:24 pm

cian o neill fractor as well doing sessions with moorefield at moment
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Moorefield have stuttered along for most of this year. I feel Sarsfields will take them unless they can produce an improved performance. They looked very heavy legged against Celbridge and earlier on against Athy. Sarsfields looked a much fresher team when they played Athy. Conditions could play a big part. The forecast isn't great and that could be to Moorefield's advantage.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:00 pm

sunday afternoon brief showers
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:04 pm

I think the sash will win by 2/3 pts there due one.in fairness to Croften he stuck with them after getting beaten last year . For Moores they will have the crowd with them because of what went on during the week...
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 9:52 am

This is a tough one to call. I think Moorefield have the better defence/midfield but Sarsfields have the better forwards. Sarsfields play more attractive football (in my opinion) but Moorefield are better at winning close games. It looked like Sarsfields were going to win last years final but Moorefield ground them down and I think the same might happen on Sunday. Moorefield by 2.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:44 am

Although close I think the Moores to win. By 3
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 11:13 am

Moorefield really struggled in Midfield against Celbridge, which led to their Forwards being starved.. However Sarsfields wont be as dominant there as Celbridge were, and if their Forwards get enough Ball they will do damage.. Tough One to call.. On form Sash by 2.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Plenty of experience in the Moorefield team from winning championships and tough encounters in Leinster. That for me will offset the poor form that we have shown coming into the final. Yes we were poor against JTB and Celbridge but we still won.

You cant turn form on and off like a tap but I think we will have a bit of bite and cuteness that will hopefully see us over the line on Sunday.

Sarsfields are flying and fair play to them but I think this thing with the minors is a disaster for them and it surely has to disrupt their preparations , training and game day routine.

I dont think there will be much in it.

Moorefield by a point or two.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 2:36 pm

I think Sarsfields by a couple of points.
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Over the past few years Moorefield have always beaten Sarsfields in the championship but there comes a stage where the tide has to turn and I think Sunday will be that day.

Sash by 2
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 9:54 am

Going on form upto now Sarsfields should win it but I think Moorefield will have one last push in them and because of that I go for the Moores by 3.

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:06 pm

I admit -have not seen either play this year - but Moors have great experience so Moors by 4
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:59 pm

If Moorefield can break even in Midfield area they will be close enough to repeat last years win in what was the best senior final in a long time, but can they I'm not sure. Adam Tyrell is key to a lot of Moorefields good attacking play and Sweeney is still as wiley as ever. Close to call looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Does anyone know if its on TG4 Sunday ?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:25 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
no
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:49 pm

If Moorefield score a couple of goals they will be hard to beat. Hard to know what to expect from Sarsfields and what contribution the minors will make. It's dfficult for minors to make an impact in a senior final and it will be even harder for the guys who have to play a minor final beforehand.
So I think Moorefiled will shade it but I hope Sarsfields do as I would like to see what they could do in Leinster with a young team.
Hope a few players emerge that could add something to the county next year.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 3:01 pm

murof wrote:
If Moorefield score a couple of goals they will be hard to beat. Hard to know what to expect from Sarsfields and what contribution the minors will make. It's dfficult for minors to make an impact in a senior final and it will be even harder for the guys who have to play a minor final beforehand.
So I think Moorefiled will shade it  but I hope Sarsfields do as I would like to see what they could do in Leinster with a young team.
Hope a few players emerge that could add something to the county next year.

I can tell you that sash team would be well beaten in Leinster. Only my opinion.

They have done a great job to get to the final.
The thing with a young team is that they find it hard to be produce when they are under pressure. They just don't have the experience. Its only natural. And from what I hear these lads have been dominating their age group through the years as they have progressed. But the step up is big,
Moorefield have the experience I do expect them to win albeit not by much.

Maybe when the young sash team play more together and develop will we be able to say they can be a force. Give them a couple of years
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Sorry Botch, wasn't implying that they were going to win Leinster but it would be intersting to see how they would fare against seasoned campaigners like Rhode or Portlaoise.
As I said I think Moorefield will win.
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 9:43 pm

rob11 wrote:
Over the past few years Moorefield have always beaten Sarsfields in the championship but there comes a stage where the tide has to turn and I think Sunday will be that day.

Sash by 2

Yeah i'd go along with that......or maybe a draw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 10:18 am

fone wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
no

Pity, especially as they could show the Offaly County Final live last Sunday... Then again who would want to be filming up on a scaffold in a windy Newbridge.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:43 pm

murof wrote:
Sorry Botch, wasn't implying that they were going to win Leinster but it would be intersting to see how they would fare against seasoned campaigners like Rhode or Portlaoise.

Would you not regard Moorefield as seasoned campaigners in Leinster over the last 14 years.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Fair point GAA. The team has changed a lot from that great team (imo) they had when they won Leinster. I was fairly shocked at the weekend at how the more experienced players were very quiet especially glavin. I was impressed by the sash.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
murof wrote:

Would you not regard Moorefield as seasoned campaigners in Leinster over the last 14 years.
Of course I would, whats your point?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:47 pm

I will stick with the Sash, and lets hope we get another decent Game.. although I doubt it with the Official appointed !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the Senior Football Final??   Who will win the Senior Football Final?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who will win the Senior Football Final??
Page 1 of 1