Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

senior county final

Go down 
+17
midfieldmaestro
Ogie
carburyman
FearBan
paddypower
bag of white
TheBigFullForward
Sam1928
kildarecat
Mooreman
Fear An Geata
losthope
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
Onhisboot
lilypremier
centreback
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

senior county final Empty
PostSubject: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:00 am

well done to moorefield hope they beat portlaoise next week and i dont want to take from there victory but did anyone else think the 2 frees moores got when sash were 2 points up were no where near frees i could be wrong and looking forward to seeing kildare tv when its up
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:14 am

well done the moores. After a bad first half, the game turned out to be a good enough game. best of luck in leinster.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:34 am

Congratulations to Moorefield, a great second half display after a very poor first half. Best of luck in Leinster, a tough opener against portlaoise, should be a cracker. Commiserations to Sarsfields, they put in a tremendous effort in a very emotional year for them and nearly pulled it off despite many setbacks.

I Have to say the minor final was an absolute cracker and as good a game as i've seen in a long time, the standard was exceptional, Congratulations to Athy on 3 in a row and commiserations to Celbridge who played their part today.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 am

Well done to Moorefield, they deserved it for their second half effort, a very enjoyable game for the neutral in my eyes. Hope you go on and represent Kildare well in Leinster.

Hard luck to Sarsfield who played their part in a big way.

Good crowd there today, County board will be able to pay some bills now.

Last edited by JME on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:52 am

well done moores on their win today , the craic was great in stands today. well done athy minors on their three in row
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:54 am

as a neutral I enjoyed the banter on the terrace. Big crowd today.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:27 am

Second half of the senior was good today, the point for the Moore's to go 1 up was as good as I've seen, Well done to all

The minor match was a cracker, best final in Conleth's for a good many years, here's hoping Athy can convert a lot of these young lads to senior
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 am

Well done to Moorefield. Thought they'd blown it with all the wides in the first half but fair play to them for sticking at it. Roli extremely lucky to stay on the field though.

Hard luck Sarsfields. You made a real game of it and very unlucky to lose Chalky at half time. A huge loss.

Was thinking Sarsfields were going to hold on for a 1 point win and then the fun would have started over the wide that was given as a point.

Well done to Athy as well. Some achievement winning 3 consecutive Minor titles. Hopefully they can translate it into Senior success.
Back to top Go down
Mooreman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:23 am

Its a few hours now since we won and to be honest Im still pumped. Of all the champsionships we've won, this one has to be the sweetest. To have squandered so much in the first half and been caught with the sucker punch goal at half time, I feared the worst.
So much to talk about, I wont try sum it all up here and now.

Perhaps Roli was lucky to stay on the pitch, but so too was Micheal Browne. Chalky wasn't shy in putting it about either.
Delighted that Alan Barry didnt get to cheat his way to a championship medal, the county board tried to hood wink us on that one, heres hoping they have to face the music now!

Just to say I hope Chalky is ok, word has it that he was suffering with a virus all week and today was the upshot of it.
We'll enjoy tonight and deal with what Portaoise bring next Sunday.

Up the Moores

cheers
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:05 pm

I'd say both sets of supporters were scratching their heads at half time, the Moorefield fans wondering how the hell they were 5 points down after dominating virtually the entire first half, and the Sash fans who couldn't believe they were 5 points up after barely putting two passing moves together, instead relying on hoofed balls into the full forward line which actually worked a treat.

It was the same again second half Moorefield enjoying the loins share but everytime they tapped one over the Sash usually replied in kind, a couple of points and a hint or two from some of the Moorefield players to get the lethargic Moorefield Hill going suddenly turned the game on its head, the hill went crazy and the players couldn't miss after that.
Sarsfields as always a tough nut to crack but in truth if Moorefield didn't prevail they would have no-one but themselves to blame after dominating at least 80% of the game, I would'nt call it justice because imo you make your own justice but nobody can deny the better team won!.
What a point from Jason Phillips after been unjustly taking off because not one ball in the whole game was aimed at him, Moorefield for the most part trying to pass their way in against a massed sash defence.

I feel bit sorry for the guys having to tog out again next week, hardly even having time to absorb their great victory, of course the same can be said for Portlaoise.
Get rid of that non entity they call the O'Byrne cup and run the club championship through that period, oh no we can't break with your goddamn tradition, the same tradition that strangles Gaelic football!.

MOOREFIELD ABU!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Congrats to Moorefield and hard luck to The Sash. Cracking second half. I thought we blew it with all those wides. Was it 12 or 13 at one stage?

I thought Moggy and Roli were superb and Keith Duane played very well too.

Inspired Subsitution ( Laughing ) or what by Sheedy to bring on Jason Philips to kick a screamer of a point. Worthy of winning any game.

I agree about the craic in the terrace. Was very good natured where I was anyway. Moors and Sash all mingled together. Good stuff.

Will be hard to beat Portlaoise who are masters in the Leinster club scene but they have had a tough few weeks too so we'll see.

5 championships in 10 years. Big shout out to the Moorefield underage structure put in place back in the 90's. Has yielded great returns.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Back in the late 90's i played minor football against a Moorefield team containing Roli, Kevin O'Neill and Paddy Murray and I think Kenny Duane may have played too although he could have been a year older.

To think that minor team has gone on to form the backbone of the one of the most successful teams in Kildare history is amazing. 5 titles for those guys is sensational. Does anybody have any idea of what would be an individual record for most senior county titles?

It said on KFM that yesterday was going to be Kenny Duane's last game but I presume he is staying on for Leinster now, what a servant he has been to moorefield and kildare. It would be strange to see moorefield line out without him.

Congratulations to Athy as well. 3 titles in a row is brilliant but it's amazing to think that 2 players played in all three of those games. That must be a record, there can't be many players who have 3 minor titles in a row, I think it said on KFM that it was only the 5th time it had been done by a club.

Special congratulations to Niall Kelly who knocked over that match winning '45. What a talent that boy is, he could go on to be a very special player indeed inthe future.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:33 pm

well done to alan smith for being top scorer in championship
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:39 pm

TheBigFullForward wrote:
Back in the late 90's i played minor football against a Moorefield team containing Roli, Kevin O'Neill and Paddy Murray and I think Kenny Duane may have played too although he could have been a year older.

To think that minor team has gone on to form the backbone of the one of the most successful teams in Kildare history is amazing. 5 titles for those guys is sensational. Does anybody have any idea of what would be an individual record for most senior county titles?

It said on KFM that yesterday was going to be Kenny Duane's last game but I presume he is staying on for Leinster now, what a servant he has been to moorefield and kildare. It would be strange to see moorefield line out without him.

Congratulations to Athy as well. 3 titles in a row is brilliant but it's amazing to think that 2 players played in all three of those games. That must be a record, there can't be many players who have 3 minor titles in a row, I think it said on KFM that it was only the 5th time it had been done by a club.

Special congratulations to Niall Kelly who knocked over that match winning '45. What a talent that boy is, he could go on to be a very special player indeed inthe future.
three row teams at minor level
carbury 61,62,63
sarsfields 68,69,70
droichead nua 77,78,79
leixlip 99,00,01
athy 08,09,10

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:45 pm

fone wrote:

I know it kills you Fone but you could 've at least gave Moorefield a bit of credit even if it has to come through gritted teeth!
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:45 pm

fone wrote:
TheBigFullForward wrote:

three row teams at minor level
carbury 61,62,63
sarsfields 68,69,70
droichead nua 77,78,79
leixlip 99,00,01
athy 08,09,10

Only 1 player on all 3 Leixlip minor teams at the turn of the century.
Back to top Go down
Mooreman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:17 pm

kildarecat wrote:
fone wrote:

I know it kills you Fone but you could 've at least gave Moorefield a bit of credit even if it has to come through gritted teeth!

I wouldnt worry too much about that KC. A meaningless top scorer award won't compensate Alan Smith this morning!
It was a very very strange game as you rightly pointed out. All week I expected it to be a drab enough encounter but fancied us to win it in the end, halftime yesterday I was still confident enough of beating them. The single dimension to their play was very very simple but worryingly effective at times. Delighted to see Roli have his best year ever for Moorefield but I would have lost a lot of money on Keith Duane winning man of the match. A player known for being 'careful' certainly surpirised a few yesterday (including himself).
Was a clean enough game, of course there was some off the ball stuff. Somebody said something about Roli being lucky last night. Not too sure what he is accused of but Roli's no angel and I dont doubt he reacted to some 'treatment' yesterday.

I know its kind of irrelevant now, but the very fact that Alan Barry was allowed to play yesterday was a total disgrace. This CCC is chaired by the same guy that is responsible for the fixtures this year. Do I need to say anymore?
Moorefield asked for an explanation as to why the old age rugby/boxing star (Alan Barry) was exhonerated but werent given one.
Its an awful shame the county board didnt assist the Moorefield a couple of years ago over the farsical fines & suspensions we suffered over Dromard. It will be very interestng to see how tis CCC deal with the next person who appeals a suspension.
I'm still wondering is it incompetance or just blatant cheating.....

So all in all yesterday was a brilliant win over all the adversaries, Sunday will be tough but we are capable of beating Portlaoise. As is always the case with Leinster club, you just have to perform on the day.

Go on the Moores cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
paddypower
Junior A
Junior A
paddypower

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:52 pm

That was cloud 9 stuff! Unbeliveable last 15 by Moorefield. One of best victories I have witnessed from the last 5 and this morning I'm a very proud Moorefield Man. Thanks lads, enjoy your few drinks and go at it again on Sunday...

Just one thing I want to point out that has not been mentioned... This team has done a clean sweep this year... 3 Cups! Aldridge Cup, League, and now Championship. You could also add in the Ballyteague Tourament there too..... Great first year for Jack Sheedy!

Enough of this working... nessons is calling me..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:21 pm

kildarecat wrote:
fone wrote:

read my frist post on this topic
some of friends are moorefield supporters
i have being at all of moorefield matches since the won league
at least athy win made me happy
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Well done to the Moores, were much the better team in the last quarter when it counted.

Moorefield, courtessy of Roly, Keith Duane and Grogan finished very strong and fair play to Phillips for getting that score. I thought at that stage we were looking at extra time or a replay which Sars probably would have deserved after all there hard work.

I think the loss of Chalky really stung Sars in the last 15, when they really needed him. He was good in the first half and they really needed his youth and skill when Moorefield started to turn the screw. I think it could well have been a different scoreline had he not had to go off. I hope he's OK.

Overall the better team won at the end of the day but hard luck to Sarsfields after an emotional year. Hopefully now the Moores will step it up a couple of gears for next weekend. I fear they will need to improve considerably but they have a side well capable of that.

Must say, I really enjoyed the craic yesterday. Big crowd, a great atmosphere and very sporting. Well done to both sets of supporters.

Would follow up on Fones congrats for Alan Smith aswell, it's a big deal to be top scorer Mooreman and while that will hold no water for him this morning, hopefully it'll give him confidence to get back to his best for Kildare next year.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:54 pm

thought the ref was very biased against sarsefields yesterday...gave moorefield everything and hadn't the guts to red sweeny
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:33 am

thats harsh kildarecat here is fones first post you must have missed it

fone wrote:
well done moores on their win today , the craic was great in stands today. well done athy minors on their three in row
Back to top Go down
Mooreman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:15 am

carburyman wrote:
thought the ref was very biased against sarsefields yesterday...gave moorefield everything and hadn't the guts to red sweeny

YEah Roli could've got a red yesterday Carburyman, bu then Micheal Browne should have had a red for his kick on Kenny Duane. By and large it was a tough, hard hitting game played in a good spirit between the 2 best teams in Kildare at the moment.
Don't try turn the game into something that it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:42 am

yeah Fair mooreman
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 am

Horseshit to say referee hadn't the guts to red Roli - he didn't see it and travelled all over St conleth's Park to find someone who did. It was only ever going to be a yellow. I thought Roli's first free to bring it to a point was generous, but then I though Smithy had one in the first half that was comical. He also got a point that while very close, looked wide to me. I don't like the ref but I thought he had a good game and Sarsfields could have no complaints, they were second best for all bar maybe 10 minutes before half time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

senior county final
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next