Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

senior county final

Go down 
+17
midfieldmaestro
Ogie
carburyman
FearBan
paddypower
bag of white
TheBigFullForward
Sam1928
kildarecat
Mooreman
Fear An Geata
losthope
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
Onhisboot
lilypremier
centreback
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

senior county final - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:33 am

Who was that ref anyways, i've never seen him bofore, he must no tbe around too long is he??
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:38 am

brendan hickey from kilcullen dunno how long hes been around from my dealings with him about 3years
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:31 pm

fone wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
fone wrote:
well done to alan smith for being top scorer in championship

I know it kills you Fone but you could 've at least gave Moorefield a bit of credit even if it has to come through gritted teeth!
read my frist post on this topic
some of friends are moorefield supporters
i have being at all of moorefield matches since the won league
at least athy win made me happy

Fone except my humble apoligies rumour has it I drank too much and missed your initial qoute!
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Congratulations to Moorefield and hard luck to Sarsfields. No doubt the better team on the day won. Sarsfields have quite a few good yound players, add to that Earley and a fit Gary Whyte and they'll be tough to beat again next year.

In relation to Roli - I know we expect alot of county players so it's not surprising when they play well but I thought he was close to being man of the match yesterday. Really drove the team on near the end and two good frees to level the game.

On the ref - a few people around me commented during the match that the ref seemed to be giving Sarsfields alot of soft frees and marginal calls so really don't think he was biased either way, thought he did ok.

I think the presence of so many tall strong players around the middle (KON, D Whyte, Roli, Flynn, Philips) of the field, and their experience and belief won it for Moorfield in the end.
Hopefully they can go on and perform well in the Leinster series now.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:26 pm

what age is conor tiernan? he has to be the fastest ive seen running with the ball
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:37 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:

Congratulations to Athy as well. 3 titles in a row is brilliant but it's amazing to think that 2 players played in all three of those games. That must be a record, there can't be many players who have 3 minor titles in a row, I think it said on KFM that it was only the 5th time it had been done by a club.

which 2 players played in all 3?
Back to top Go down
hope
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:40 am

conor tiernan is 23...,tony gibbons and liam mcgovern played in all 3,and tony gibbons will chase a 4th title in a row next year as he is u17..
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:38 am

Well done to the Moores on their win.

Was talking to a man ' in the know ' and he told me that there was absolute murder in the Moorefield dressing room after the game.I am not here to cause trouble or anything but I cannot understand this ( if it is true ) after beating their great rivals in a county final.

Anyone shed light on this ?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:55 am

heard of row later in night alright
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:32 am

tomcruise wrote:
Well done to the Moores on their win.

Was talking to a man ' in the know ' and he told me that there was absolute murder in the Moorefield dressing room after the game.I am not here to cause trouble or anything but I cannot understand this ( if it is true ) after beating their great rivals in a county final.

Anyone shed light on this ?

Have been on a downer since but thanks for cheering me up tomcruise.Did you ever hear about chinese whispers.Well this is definitely one.As fone said there was a row but it was later that night between 2 people who had a personal grude to settle and had no connection with the team or club as both arwe not and never have been members of Moorefield.That man in the know knows sweet FA and has fed you a load of crap.hope that explains it for you
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:52 pm

abl

Thanks for clearing that up.Was surprised anyway by the chinese whispers.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:05 am

Just watched the highlights of the final on Kildare TV and noted the following :

1.The more skilfull footballers were beaten but for some reason gave away a lot of ball in the second half.

2.Roli should get ready for the 2012 London Olympics diving competetion.Absolute shocking.

3.Moorefield kicked some great scores to win the game especially from some of their least known players.

4.Neither team would come anyway near winning a Leinster Club championship.

Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:47 am

Having watched the final from the sideline, I felt Sarsfields were on top for 3/4 of the match. Even after starting the 2nd half without Gary White, they were still holding their own and weren't conceding anything to Moorefield. For me there was three errors which brought Moorefield into the match. Couldn't be quite sure of the timeframe but twice under the stand infront of the dugout, Sarsfields lost the ball on both occasions from overpassing and Moorefield capitalised and scored from overturned posession. The other time was when Sarsfields won a free on their own 20m line and instead of sending the ball forward, it was passed back and from recollection the ball was again turned over and Moorefield scored. For me these were the reason Moorefield got back into the match. Sarsfields lost the momentum and couldn't regain it after that. Prior to these errors Sarsfields were beginning to frustrate Moorefield....
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:36 am

In answer to Tom Cruise Kildare TV only showed around 13 minutes of highlights so how you can make any firm conclusions is beyond me?

As for BFB a better take on the game but way off the mark as regards Sarsfield on top for 3/4 of the game, Moorefield dominating virtually the entire first half and it wasn't Sarsfields who were frustrating them, Moorefield created numerous very scoreable chances so they were frustrating themselves for the most part, not to mention the fans who were wondering was it going to be one of those games again, I think the presence of Sarsfields seem to make those goals shrink just a little, thankfully it all came right and justice was served, it would take a very blinkered person to suggest otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:45 am

Sorry KC, I didn't mean they were overwhelming Moorefield, but on top on the scoreboard. I know Moorefield kicked alot of wides but they did come good in the end..... Yes they were frustrating themselves with the wides but in fairness to Sarsfields, they were playing good ball in parts and I felt the points above gave Moorefield the kick they needed to get the scoring boots on.... The Moore's fans were very quiet for most parts until K Duane got them going.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: senior county final   senior county final - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

senior county final
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2