Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

County Final

Go down 
+24
ndog
murof
Moorefieldbhoy
Ohtoohtobe
SeamusMurphy
midfieldmaestro
Jimmy winning matches
lollypop
johnsmyth
Sam1928
lilysavage
the young lad
Botch
Dido
kickingking
Cilldara_2000
totalgaa
OutTheGap
micky murphy
BigG
losthope
kelf
Big Full Back
smokey
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

County Final - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 12:05 am

Whatever about that one there were 2 in the 2nd half down the other end that were dubious scores also. Sash mates beside me thought they were 50-50
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 12:49 am

Often what appears to be over or wide from the stand or even from a video recording is not accurate. Smyths shot while it appeared over it continued to curl long after it passed the goal line and that is the same for the Sash points in the second half. Yes they might look wide from where you are but the point where they cross the goal line is what counts.The two best views are from the umpire position and the kicker. Refs should move behind free kicks, some do, most don't. If Smyths was over he would have protested a bit more. It was actually a bad wide.
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 6:34 am

standing behind a free to catch the flight of the ball is grand but to ignore the square ball shouts or the penalty / free appeals would be worse . Theres no way you can make a call from 40 or 50 meters away and before you say it umpires dont see or do anything to make a refs job easier
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 10:17 am

I don't know what your asking I was talking specifically about the flight of the ball. The umpires last week were probably spot on, even though many people thought they were wrong and I gave the reason. Nothing more. There was a perfect example on the Sunday game last year where the panel froze the picture when the ball was no more than two yards past the end line and it looked like a wide yet if you just took it back that fraction you could see the umpire was right. The whole panel agreed it was wide.
The wrong decision was not sending off the full back, absolutely brutal.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Moorefield evens, Sash evens, draw 15/2.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 10:21 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Moorefield evens, Sash evens, draw 15/2.

Can't get much more EVEN than that!!!!

Wonder will the Sarsfield 15 listed start or will it be a guess who again!!!!
Can see a few changes on both teams starting sheets. Ray Cahill and Adam Tyrell are the two both teams need to mark.
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 11:12 pm

johnsmyth wrote:
I don't know what your asking I was talking specifically about the flight of the ball. The umpires last week were probably spot on, even though many people thought they were wrong and I gave the reason. Nothing more. There was a perfect example on the Sunday game last year where the panel froze the picture when the ball was no more than two yards past the end line and it looked like a wide yet if you just took it back that fraction you could see the umpire was right. The whole panel agreed it was wide.
The wrong decision was not sending off the full back, absolutely brutal.

you mentioned refs standing behind the freetaker to get the flight of the ball , i just pointed out reasons why refs position themselves closer to goal .Yep your right about not sending off the full back ,couldnt have been any clearer .Although i remember thinking at the time , this decision will decide the county final. The ret bottled it , for sure .
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 7:52 am

Was there a match on today??? Very quiet on here.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:00 am

roly is ture gaa player pity kildare gaa do not have more of him
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:15 am

Congrats to Moorefield. They are a tough teak outfit. No Kildare starters for the back to back Champs but a super team ethic makes them hardest team to beat in the county.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:29 am

Congrats to Moorefield on their win today. They were a lot more physical than the first day and totally dominated around the middle. Their workrate and teamwork were first class. I thought Ryan Houlihan, Kevin Murnaghan, Ciaran Kelly and Roli were excellent. Despite getting off to a good start, Sarsfields were leaderless and their kickouts were poor.

Hopefully Moorefield can show this hunger in the Leinster club championship. They are in the different half of the draw than Portlaoise and the Dublin champions so they have a great chance of getting to the final at least.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 8:31 am

Well done to moorefield, hoping for a god run in leinster.
Might not be the most skillful or fancy team but they know how to grind out a championship in contrast to the county team best of luck to them!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:53 am

other coach sucess for cian o neill he has come record in coaching teams for big games
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Moorefield obviously learned more from last week than Sarsfields did.
Instead of having Glavin playing loose at centre back they put James Lonergan on Ray Cahill who then barely touched the ball.
They dropped Daryl Flynn (obviously isn't fully right) and put Roly in mid-field and he played amazingly well. That was really the winning of the game.
Also, the inside forwards of Niall Hurley Lynch and Eanna O'Conor seemed to play alot closer together and feed off each other which caused Sarsfields alot more issues.

I'd be worried about the amount of lads carrying injuries into Leinster champ but hopefully they can continue to improve!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 11:37 pm

After all the goings on about the Minors, Sash ddecided to only start One, and when they did eventually bring on Scully, McCormack and Kavanagh the Horse had bolted..
There is no doubt the Moores Management won the tactical battle hands down, as posted above, if You keep Cahill quiet, then Smithy will be starved.. The switch in the 2nd Half of Cian O Connor to wing Forward was a master stroke, as He was far to physical for Barry Coffey, and how the Sash Management didnt react beggars belief..
As for JRyan and Kildare, and what He may have learned.. I think the fact that Roli was MOTM sums it up.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 7:50 am

Question - how many players that started against Monaghan would make the starting line up for moorefield yesterday they seem to be able to grind out results unlike the county team?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:34 am

micky murphy wrote:
Question - how many players that started against Monaghan would make the starting line up for moorefield yesterday they seem to be able to grind out results unlike the county team?

All of them.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 8:53 pm

micky murphy wrote:

If Paddy Brophy had lined out against them, Celbridge would have won by 4 or 5 imo..
Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 12:00 am

If James Lonergan & David White would have lined out for Moorefield against Celbridge, it would have been a different story also Seamus..imo....

James made a huge impression in the replayed final and was my MOTM until he dislocated his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 1:59 am

It's ridiculous to compare Kildare to Moorefield really.

But there is a solidily and grit to Morefield that Kildare are always missing. It always seems quite easy to run through the Kildare team and score. They really need to find a way to be much more solid at the back for next year. I think we've some decent young mid and forward players now but the whole basis of a team needs to be a solid defence.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 am

There is no doubt that Moorefield deserved to win the replay and are a difficult team to beat. However we should not go overboard in our reaction to another final win.
They failed to beat Athy over 2 games, they were very lucky to beat Celbridge and to draw with Sarsfields the first day. No matter how admirable their tenacity and self belief it just wont be good enough against Portlaoise, Vincents or even Rhode.
You can only rely on battling qualities when you are up against teams who fail to turn dominance into scores like Celbridge and Sarsfields did.
I wish them all the best and will travel to support them as Kildare champions as I have done with other Kildare teams, I suspect many here will do likewise.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 5:31 am

Well done moorefield
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 5:37 am

Murof, were you watching On Sunday? Sarsfields far from dominated. Moorefield could have beaten them by 20!!
Should have had 2 more first half goals.
write them off in Leinster at your peril. Think they should definitely reach a final and after that who knows.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 7:12 am

umpireonditch wrote:
Murof, were you watching On Sunday? Sarsfields far from dominated. Moorefield could have beaten them by 20!!
Should have had 2 more first half goals.
write them off in Leinster at your peril. Think they should definitely reach a final and after that who knows.

Umpire were you reading my post? The first sentence said that Moorefield deserved to win. The third sentence said that they were lucky to draw with Sarsfields.
What part of that have you a problem with?
They could reach a Leinster final alright with the favourable draw they have but their form up to the replay would not be good enough to win imo.
As I said I wish them well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 11:51 am

I just sense a tone of begrudgery about your post, belittling them because they didn't beat Athy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: County Final   County Final - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

County Final
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next