Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jimmers retires

Go down 
+6
jimmers
clonmullin
OutTheGap
Lily8
SeamusMurphy
Ohtoohtobe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 11:16 pm

Best of luck to him, always thought he was a bit underrated, won't forget the goals against Cavan and Meath, some great assists and points, magic to watch when he was at his best and the type of creative forward we don't seem to produce enough of.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:40 am

What Age is He ?
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:57 am

Best of luck to James in the future! He was a great player for us down through the years. Will never forget that goal against Meath.

He's 29.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 1:26 am

Wish Him the Best..

The amount of Players packing it in now at around the 30 mark is amazing..
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 4:12 am

As well as the goals against Cavan and Meath, I remember a brilliant point he scored against Donegal in 2011 to force the game into extra time. Great to watch when he was on form.

Best of luck to him.
Back to top Go down
clonmullin
Junior A
Junior A
clonmullin

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 4:19 am

^ It is that point I always associate him with.

A wonder strike from wide on the left with his left peg as time evaporated (I know it felt like the equaliser but there was actually an O'Flaherty free in deep in injury time that set up the extra time). It shone in a game that was an out and out battle in normal time
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 8:54 am

On his day he was one of the best and a pleasure to watch. Whilst he's relatively young to retire, he's had a lot of injuries this year. And as we all know the demands on players now are unreal.

Good luck to him!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Had forgotten the Donegal point when I posted we were so calm the way we reeled off the last three to take that game to extra time that evening. Still struggling to believe we lost that game.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:31 pm

I remember a pass for a goal against Cavan the day he-who-shall-not-be-mentioned made his debut as a late sub. So good that some people bizarrely thought it was a mis-kick.

Crippled by injuries in the past year, his class still stood out in the championship, with his movement and vision. Took some time to convince - as he said himself in the Indo yesterday, it was only when Kieran McGeeney came along that he got going, and he was a senior three or four years at that stage. One of many who prospered from a whole new level of training and mentoring.

Interestingly, he said Galway were nowhere near where they needed to be in that regard.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Ogie wrote:
I remember a pass for a goal against Cavan the day he-who-shall-not-be-mentioned made his debut as a late sub. So good that some people bizarrely thought it was a mis-kick.

Yep I remember that too. It's a great disguised pass that not only fools the defence on the day but also alleged "expert" pundits analysing the game!

He always had great vision when on the ball, he made a similar pass for I think Paudi O'Neill's goal against Louth a few years ago in a game we'd otherwise rather forget.

I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavours.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Best of luck on his retirement.

I think the demands on players nowadays is getting serious and with that you will be looking at players only playing 5 or 6 years inter county. The amount of training and time given up they do for only a handful on games is ridiculous and its slowly creeping down to club level.
Back to top Go down

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 5:22 am

Class act many memories. Big loss when he packed in Kildare.
Goal v Meath was class but my fav moment has to be the point v Donegal.
Haven't hit the same heights since.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:59 am

His points on the sideline of cusack stand shooting into canal end against Dubs '09 Leinster final and also against Donegal in '11. Remember the slicer of a free he took against Monaghan in round 4 qualifier (into canal end) hoganstand sideline, 2010. Just a few of many great scores he got over the years. Dont forget the goal that changed the course of our championship, v Cavan, '08! Terrific Player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jimmers retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jimmers retires   Jimmers retires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimmers retires
Page 1 of 1