Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Match Tonight......

Go down 
+6
TommyKeegan
reichenhall
lilysavage
LillieLad
Gaa1928
Dido
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dido
Senior
Senior

Match Tonight...... Empty
PostSubject: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 2:10 am

I feel it’s inappropriate to play a football match between Kildare and Carlow in Athy this evening it should be at least moved somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:05 am

Dido wrote:
I feel it’s inappropriate to play a football match between Kildare and Carlow in Athy this evening it should be at least moved somewhere else.
+1
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:16 am

I agree, just want to say R.I.P to the 4 girls.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:34 am

RIP. Terrible news.
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:09 am

someone somewhere in the gaa should have cancelled this game.....a shocking decision to go ahead with it...
RIP.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:36 pm

Shocking to play it. The location of the game, home towns of the girls etc should have been enough but was talking to a Kildare player in Andersons after and he was saying the Carlow goalkeeper couldn't play due to relation with one of the girls. Shocking accident, awful decision to play game but anyway, thoughts with families, the girl in hospital, the two guys in the van and those who came across the accident scene first.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 1:46 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Shocking to play it. The location of the game,  home towns of the girls etc should have been enough but was talking to a Kildare player in Andersons after and he was saying the Carlow goalkeeper couldn't play due to relation with one of the girls.  Shocking accident, awful decision to play game but anyway,  thoughts with families, the girl in hospital, the two guys in the van and those who came across the accident scene first.  

Agree with all your sentiments there Tommy.  I hate matches been changed or called off but this game should never have beeen played, could have played it next Wednesday, with all due respects it is only the O'Byrne Cup and it would still have been on schedule for the semis next weekend.

Very, very disappointed as a Gaa man.   I didn't travel myself as I felt it inapproiate.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 2:03 am

Not happy that Declan Keogh pointed the finger at Kildare County Board when it was NOT A Kildare Fixture.

Was he afraid to finger Leinster Council ????????
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 3:43 am

Have to agree with TK on this. GAA talks about its links with the community but showed a complete disregard for two communities on Wednesday. Not jut the Leinster Council either as both county boards seemed fully compliant. Match could have been played next Wednesday.

Poor show.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 4:01 am

why did the  nui maynooth match go ahead as well
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Leinster Council insisted. Scheduling issue. As if a challenge match tournament was so important. Disgraceful.

The selected Carlow goalkeeper is a brother of the girl that's in hospital.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:14 pm

Ogie wrote:
Leinster Council insisted. Scheduling issue. As if a challenge match tournament was so important. Disgraceful.

The selected Carlow goalkeeper is a brother of the girl that's in hospital.

Well our County board should have grown a pair......as per usual easy way out with no fight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match Tonight......   Match Tonight...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Match Tonight......
Page 1 of 1