Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

match v down

Go down 
+16
thelily
bloodsub
koko39
Pure White
Misneach
kartman
bob12
jnrwhite
armagh4sam
peile
Rex
rgb
walsheman
Stonecold
Jimmy winning matches
centreback
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

match v down Empty
PostSubject: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:56 am

how do we beat down? i have very bad memories of them in newbridge earlier this year they are a very good football team and very physical in the middle third.
i think peter kelly would be best on coulter as martin clarke plays further out the field in a play maker roll and it will be crucial that we stop clarke in this roll. Also they are very good at winnig ball around the middle but still see us breaking at least even with them in this area as we have improved so much here in the last few games with johnny and callaghan cleanin up breaks, up front i can see us putting up our usual scores if the ball goes in early as down love to crowd out the backs at every opportunity.
overall i`m still confident but not too much as they are alot better than most people think
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:20 am

i think the key to kildare win this game will be aiden o rourke knowledge of james mc cartan management skills who rourke was his assistant for 2 years and won segerion cup 2007.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:00 pm

match v down Bfg9000

One of these would work..... way too early for this thread........
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:03 pm

cud test it out in newry......TO NEWRY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:19 pm

I like your van there stonecold. And your hair-do.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Is this thread "official" I don't want to be posting in a non "official" thread.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:32 pm

rgb wrote:
I like your van there stonecold. And your hair-do.

Yeah stonecold, are you really Jedward's father ??
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 pm

thats ur man that use to be in wrestling,
earthquake
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:07 am

a) God-damn-it's called a pickup
b) U callin me a red-neck???
c) Jedward are the spawn of satan!!!
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:07 am

fone wrote:
i think the key to kildare win this game will be aiden o rourke knowledge of james mc cartan management skills who rourke was his assistant for 2 years and won segerion cup 2007.

A help surely, but can only do so much. McComiskey and Dan McCartan wil lbe the two starters who played on that team.

The reason this one is so hard to call is because not only are the two forward divisions on fire, but both teams are producing tremndous workrate.

Althouhg playing very well, McKernan, evenn as sweeper, committs fouls, as does Rooney - the latter will probably be on Kavanagh and that will be an area Kilare can expose.

McCartan will be on Smith, and I feel that's another area where Kildare can get the upper hand. Dee Raff will pick up JD, and the Down man has had a fine year, league as well, that will be an interesting match up.

Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:49 am

Stonecold wrote:
a) God-damn-it's called a pickup
b) U callin me a red-neck???
c) Jedward are the spawn of satan!!!

So you're saying that you're Satan now aswel Stone Cold???
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:14 pm

How are the team after the weeknd are all the players in good shape - any making move for the starting 15 that have not featured this year?
heard they went away together with the family if true nice touch by the management team
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:15 am

Rob kelly is recovered and back training,carew says he has a great chance of being available for selection for the semi.
Mikey is a bit behind him but is coming along nicely(from nationalist today)

great news!!!
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:31 am

From RTE Sport:

Down captain Rogers set for knee injury scan

Ambrose Rogers is due to have a scan on his injured knee ahead of Down's All-Ireland semi-final clash with Kildare.

Rogers led Down to a thrilling All-Ireland quarter-final victory over a heavily fancied Kerry side ten days ago and his absence against Kildare would be considered a major blow to the Mourne men's chances.

The midfielder picked up the injury playing for his club side, Longstone, in their Morgan Milk Down Senior Football Championship win over Liatroim at the weekend.

He will have a scan over the next few days after which a decision will be made on his fitness ahead of the Sunday, 29 August clash.

Kildare also have a serious injury concern in midfield with Dermot Earley's participation in doubt after he limped out of the Lilywhites' quarter-final victory over Meath after just three minutes..

However, Earley's rehabilitation is going well and he is considered likely to be fit for the clash.
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:18 am

Jimmers named July Player of the Month!!! Cmon d Lillies!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/kavanagh-and-walsh-win-gpa-awards-468697.html
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:23 am

Well done Jimmers, two in a row Leper then Jimmers. Top stuff.
Back to top Go down

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:24 am

Didnt Dermot win one last year?

These 2 guys will probably get All Stars i'd imagine.

Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:26 am

yeh its luking good for all-stars for them both!!!throw in doyle and kelly aswell!!
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:28 am

fionnmccool wrote:
Didnt Dermot win one last year?

These 2 guys will probably get All Stars i'd imagine.

yeah Dermot won one last year. Jimmers will definitely win one I'd say. I'd love to see JD get one
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:55 am

Just need doyle to win august and its a nice hatrick Smile
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:45 am

JME wrote:

it's the same month, Jimmers got the GPA one, Leper got the other one.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:24 am

bloodsub wrote:
JME wrote:

it's the same month, Jimmers got the GPA one, Leper got the other one.

yep, two awards in a row.
Back to top Go down
thelily
Junior C
Junior C

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:32 am

stonecold i think you have a problem
Back to top Go down
rboy
Junior A
Junior A

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 am

Big talk about Ambrose Rodgers needing a scan on a knee injury sustained in a club game last weekend. Absolute madness playing club games before an All Ireland semi. Mccarten not happy and worried Rodgers will not make it. Would be a big boost if he was out and Dermot was in!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:38 am

Rumours that coulter may not be 100% either after the weekend. How true is anyones guess but no smoke without fire if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

match v down Empty
PostSubject: Re: match v down   match v down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

match v down
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next