Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Kerry

Go down 
+43
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
Borderline
smokey
MD
Highball
Bad News Baba
Shergar
jimmers
stanley
topcat
Ohtoohtobe
white boy
Caprea
Frankel
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
moatesports
kickingking
Stonecold
Gaa1928
murof
Rex
Sam1928
Big Full Back
LillieLad
reichenhall
flourman
Lily8
jj
bag of white
walsheman
SeamusMurphy
Ogie
Onhisboot
Flamingo
jim
OutTheGap
bob12
losthope
Taibi
inexile
tomoneillandhissisteranne
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Biggest defeat in GAA football history . 27 points.

Not that it really matters a f*** and I know you're just repeating something that was said elsewhere but just on a point of interest, this isn't true.
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 5:52 pm

What got me most was watching players walk or trot back when possession was lost. This was before the first goal. James O'D through on goal, leaves Lyons for dead. Lyons stops and watches instead of sprinting back to the goal area. Mark O'Shea intercepts a crossfield ball, every Kildare lad in the vicinity just stops. One more handpass and that was a goal from an 80m run.

While you could look at the whole game, just look at the highlights from the Sunday Game. Turn the sound off and watch the white jerseys every time a Kerry man is in posession. The Kerry man moves forward at pace while the Kildare man makes a half hearted jog back, loses 30 yards and leaves a massive overlap. It was consistent throughout the whole game/season, not just in the second half collapse. At intercounty level, you expect players to make the effort to get back into position. Default should be to turn around and sprint back to the goal area given this teams record for shipping goals.

The Senior team has been weak defensively for years now. Back to McGeeney's second last season in charge. Brining two corner forwards back didn't help. Systems can be installed, but players have to commit and play with tenacity. They have to have some brains too. The half back line were consistently dragged out of position leaving massive gaps. While you expect a regular management to pick this up, the players should cop on in the middle of a game. Doyle was up the pitch in the second half because he was dragged up there. Take responsibility on the pitch and sort that out.

Kerry were happy to allow Kildare hand pass into their 60-45 zone, leave a hint of a gap, Kildare man goes for it and 2/3 Kerry players strips him of posession. When a ball was sent into full forward, it was lobbed in from the heavens rather than sent with purpose like the passes for the goals by Gooch or Brogan.

How many balls were dropped in uncontested on the keeper. No one inside the 21. At least two goals for Kerry came directly from balls that dropped short but there were at least two Kerry players in there contesting. With the hang time on some of the Kildare efforts that dropped in on goal, I don't understand why at least one Kildare player wasn't in there when the ball landed.

All that is commitment and tenacity. Whatever about the tactical ineptitude of management.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
The only negative I would take from the Cork game was that on more then one occasion they got through the middle of our defence relatively easy.

Unfortunately my biggest fear came through, at least 10 times, including 3 times in the 1st half that we 'got away ' with.
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:02 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Lads talking about clear outs, but if it wasn't for Emmet Bolton's leadership, we would have lost to Laois the first day, lost to Offaly in Tullamore.

Don't be fooling yourself, if it wasn't for the inaccuracy of young Kingston we would have lost to Laois the first day.
We laughed at Laois saying they had no fight left when they conceded two quick goals to us in the replay, well that certainly came back to haunt us yesterday. We're not laughing now....

One horrible statistic from yesterday's trouncing.....  Kerry's bench scored 3-4, enough to beat Kildare's tally by three points

Last edited by Borderline on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:24 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 pm

James O’Donoghue injured his shoulder when he fell following a tackle by the goalkeeper in yesterday’s All Ireland Football Quarter final tie with Kildare.

The Kerry Medical Team immediately realigned the shoulder and an X-Ray afterwards showed that there was no serious injury sustained.

He will have a routine MRI Scan and will rest for a few days before beginning rehab and a graduated return to action.
Statement from Kerry GAA
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 2:18 am

Sure we'll see you at a match in a few years Borderline or whenever it is you think we're good enough for you again.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 5:03 am

It's been a long time since I posted here, but just to say that I brought the family to Thurles last week for the Cork game, great night, we went to Navan on Saturday to cheer on the minors, great night, then Sunday Bloody Sunday, for the first time ever with Kildare I felt mugged, cheated, spent 70 euros on tickets, 10 euros parking, add in programme, toll bridge, fuel etc and it exceeds 100 euros, I feel cheated, not by the players as I expected a defeat but with passion and committment (a la Fermanagh), but by the manager who allowed players to continue to be destroyed and humiliated without making changes from the line, and even more so by the county board chumps who ultimately created this fiasco. I really dont want to go back until there is a root and branch approach to correct this, and the manager and entire county board are sent to the gulags.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 6:06 am

[quote="KILL BILL"]It's been a long time since I posted here,  but just to say that I brought the family to Thurles last week for the Cork game,  great night,  we went to Navan on Saturday to cheer on the minors,  great night,  then Sunday Bloody Sunday,   for the first time ever with Kildare I felt mugged, cheated,  spent 70 euros on tickets, 10 euros parking...

Nobody forced you to go. And you admit you had two great nights out of three. That's generally a pretty impressive return for a GAA fan.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 6:36 am

lilysavage wrote:
KILL BILL wrote:
It's been a long time since I posted here,  but just to say that I brought the family to Thurles last week for the Cork game,  great night,  we went to Navan on Saturday to cheer on the minors,  great night,  then Sunday Bloody Sunday,   for the first time ever with Kildare I felt mugged, cheated,  spent 70 euros on tickets, 10 euros parking...

Nobody forced you to go. And you admit you had two great nights out of three. That's generally  a pretty impressive return for a GAA fan.
You wreck my head Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 7:15 am

It's a fact that kildare played more games than any other county to get-to the last 8 ifthey had another week to prepare for kerry who knows whatbwould happen they would have had way more in the tank
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 7:24 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Sure we'll see you at a match in a few years Borderline or whenever it is you think we're good enough for you again.

To quote KillBill      "I feel cheated, not by the players as I expected a defeat but with passion and committment (a la Fermanagh), but by the manager who allowed players to continue to be destroyed and humiliated without making changes from the line, and even more so by the county board chumps who ultimately created this fiasco. I really dont want to go back until there is a root and branch approach to correct this, and the manager and entire county board are sent to the gulags".

Only then will I return.........
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 12:25 pm

Borderline you're coming onto a forum where a lot of people go to away O'Byrne Cup games giving out about how your ultimate bandwagon day out was spoiled.

You can't be arsed going down the road to championship games and you want people who give countless hours a week "sent to the gulags". Good man.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:59 pm

moatesports wrote:
It's a fact that kildare played more games than any other county to get-to the last 8 ifthey had another week to prepare for kerry who knows whatbwould happen they would have had way more in the tank

Do You really believe that ?

Still in shock, and with the exeption of a few, how easy Fellas gave up, and as Poster said, Kerry could of had 10 Goals... TG Donaghy wasnt playing, and Jammess went of early.
I would expect a few Fellas to Jack it in now, starting with Jason please.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:04 pm

Yeah I think it's bullshit about the players legs being gone if they were were questions really need to be asked about the strength and conditioning team as well as the management. I felt sorry for players the last day they were sent out to be hammered by shite management. Still can't believe how long it took to make a change, still can't believe Cathal McNally was playing corner back at some stages of the match, I still can't believe how easy Kerry got by our players. Fucking awful day thank god for the minors.
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:15 pm

Pity there's not one final match for playing so the lads could put last sunday behind them asap.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:19 pm

inexile wrote:
Pity there's not one final match for playing so the lads could put last sunday behind them asap.

bit confused - your out ! and that's it
Back to top Go down
midfieldmaestro
Senior
Senior
midfieldmaestro

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Definitely a dark day for Kildare on Sunday.

Ryan has been trying to use a system which worked well against Cork. In defence Murnaghan would sprint back to cover the full back line and McNally dropped back on his man. In attack he'd revert back to half back.

The slow build up play which results in a shot dropped short, opens up the chance of getting caught on the counter attack which Kerry are awsome at exposing. The more the system fell apart the more open Kildare looked and easy it was for Kerry to break through.

Ryan is not a good manager at setting up defence. We have continually conceeded way too much and way too many goals. Need a manager who knows how to set up a team to get the balance right. Someone like James Horan might be good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Kerry   Kildare v Kerry - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Kerry
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6