Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ironic or what?

Go down 
+22
TommyKeegan
hope
archie
Hereallweek
micky murphy
Botch
lilysavage
Ohtoohtobe
kelf
Taibi
murof
Rex
LillieLad
Kildare98
Lily8
jim
kildaregaa365
lilywhites on tour
fatherted
SeamusMurphy
reichenhall
jimmers
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Ironic or what? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 8:09 am

Did young quinn feature on any development squad  ?. Kildare.
What are the rules around this ?.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:25 am

Botch wrote:
Why do we think the Eadestown lad will not be a loss?  Did Kildare contact him or ever given him a chance?  Dublin would hardly just include him just because who his father is.  They are way too well run for that.

Very naive of you, Botch. Niall Quinn is a very wealthy man with a lot of wealthy friends.

Money talks in the GAA these days, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 5:09 pm

Quinn wouldn't even be in the top 10 keepers in his age bracket in Kildare never mind Dublin... Saying that, there are some quality keepers in this county in that age group
Back to top Go down
archie
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 2:41 am

I umpired a B championship game last year and Mikey was in goals for Eadstown. I was impressed with him.
Goog intelligent kick outs and a good shot stopper and was able for the physical side when hit trying to clear the ball.
Back to top Go down
hope
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 6:53 am

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 7:09 am

Read that, think he's very wrong on Kildare, don't know enough about internal workings of Armagh panel but I do know the panel there is seriously limited and very young.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 7:20 pm

He's used that McGeeney story so many times now... listen, Brolly could be a very good analyst because he has a good mind but he's in it for the gallery, the reaction - he talks about training sessions he was at with Donegal or Tyrone back in the day and he was no more there than I was. There are plenty who know that the stories he tells at times, were told to him by others and he recounts them as if he were there.

Johnny Doyle made no bones about what he thought about the column.

I'd say you'd be afraid of not reaching JD's standards in training because he would be letting you know.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Brolly is only in it for Brolly, what gets him noticed is all that matters. It's the lads who lap it up I can't figure out.

As for him and McGeeney, he has had so many pops at him I think he secretly fancies McGeeney. The lady doth protest to much.

He also has a case of the Neville's. In that he was a good player, then pundit and is happy to say how it should be done. But like Neville when actually put in charge he would shite himself and be wiping egg of his ego for years.
McGeeney had the total loyalty of the Kildare squad and probably still does for a lot of them. Loyalty and respect are two words you'll never see in the same sentence as Joe Brolly

I"m thankful for Sky during the summer as I have not watched Brolly on RTE since the came on board.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 1:16 am

Hard to watch it on sky tbh. And brolly is certainly eh unique, but rather listen to his rants than senan.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 2:15 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Hard to watch it on sky tbh.  And brolly is certainly eh unique,  but rather listen to his rants than senan.

I can't listen to any TV pundit, just sound bites, much prefer to get my analysis from Off the Ball and Second Captains.

Joe Brolly is just a story teller.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 9:15 am

Link

Fair play to Niall Carew. Brolly is one vile individual.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 5:43 pm

Well said from Carew.
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 1:04 am

100% agreed. Brolly is by far the most detestable individual in the GAA. I wouldn't use the word "man" to describe him because he's not one. Making pops at individuals from his "column". I wouldn't wipe my arse with his "column".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ironic or what?   Ironic or what? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ironic or what?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: