Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v westmeath

Go down 
+51
rob11
Cassanata
spot on
Shergar
totalgaa
OutTheGap
hawker
micky murphy
KILL BILL
if_in_doubt
Stonecold
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Dinny Breen
jemser
smokey
Frankel
KFSAM
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Carburyhill
Big Full Back
kelf
Ogie
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
steviegenius
Xavi
lomond
shoutitout
inexile
Kildare Blade
tomoneillandhissisteranne
moatesports
Gaa1928
Botch
jj
flourman
Lily8
jimmers
jim
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Ohtoohtobe
kickingking
murof
kildaregaa365
Taibi
lilywhites on tour
Rex
Landro88
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
55 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v westmeath Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 5:02 am

Live on rte one. @2pm Croke park

Kildare 2/7. Draw. 9/1. Westmeath 10/3

Derek o Mahoney is ref

Hill €20
Davin ,hogan and cusack stands €30
Need full 15 fit and full tune into system we play on day do not with is better a lose u get good run in backdoor or a face Dublin a get a good beating that would knock the conference out of this young team for next game

Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:07 am

I think it's vital we beat Westmeath and put in a respectable performance against Dublin for this group to develop. we'll have to play well to win Sunday week and I believe we will
Back to top Go down
Landro88
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:56 am

How did the challenge matches go recently? They were to play Longford, Wicklow and Antrim in the lead up to the semi final.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:38 pm

€30 a ticket. Did they not see the attendance the last day.

May I be the first to say to say to the Leinster Council that they can take their hellish double headers and stick them where the sun doesn't shine.

I'm sick of them, paying extra for another game I have no interest in and will be on the M7 before it even starts. No other province has to put up with them year in year out.

Let Dublin and Meath play at 4 in CP if they want and us at 2 in O'Connor park or Portlaoise.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:36 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:11 am

Well said Rex. I always feel that playing away from Croker seems to be luckier for us at this stage of the Leinster championship!!
Here are some useless stats which back up my superstitions! Since our last Leinster Semi Final clash against Westmeath (1992) we have played 18 Semi Finals.
We played 14 of those in Croke Park, 2 in Kilkenny, 1 in Portlaoise and 1 in Tullamore.
For Croker - we have won 3 Drew 3 and Lost 8. In Kilkenny (2002) we have drawn and won games, and we have won both Semi's (93 and 09) in Portlaoise and Tullamore respectively.

The last Leinster Semi Final we won was in Tullamore in 09, where the ground was packed. Great evening of football and great atmosphere. Obviously we were going well then but still I feel the crowds would travel if played outside of CP. Better atmosphere. You would easily get 3/4 of tullamore full as opposed to fans scattered across a huge stadium and having to spend 30 quid!! Also given our record, I'd feel more comfortable outside of croker!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 6:22 am

Absolutely detest going to Croke Park these days, especially when the Golden Boys are playing there at the same time. Will give this a wide berth and hold onto my €30.

On the game itself, Kildare will probably scrape another win in another dull game. After that, it doesn't bare thinking about.

Good times.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:08 am

Will be there as I hate to miss even an OBC game. But I can fully sympathise with the views expressed above. Game should be in Tullamore and Croker kept for Final.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:15 am

Same here Taibi. I genuinely detest going to Croke Park now. How sad that is for a GAA supporter, but that's what the Leinster Council have achieved with their mismanagement of fixtures and currying favor with all things blue. 

I would have loved to have gone to a smaller ground and enjoy a proper atmosphere. I don't have the stomach for CP anymore and I bet a lot of Kildare fans are the same. 

The GAA have a lot to answer for since money was put before everything else.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:47 am

Rex wrote:
Same here Taibi. I genuinely detest going to Croke Park now. How sad that is for a GAA supporter, but that's what the Leinster Council have achieved with their mismanagement of fixtures and currying favor with all things blue. 

I would have loved to have gone to a smaller ground and enjoy a proper atmosphere. I don't have the stomach for CP anymore and I bet a lot of Kildare fans are the same. 

could not stomach other Kildare performance like last one
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:08 am

Have to agree with Rex and Taibi on this. I cant face CP after the last few years and the horrible defeats. Don't like abandoning the team but its ridiculous to charge €30 for this when it could have been a totally different and great atmosphere in Tullamore.
Surely the counties in Leinster could join together and demand more stand alone games in provincial grounds. Or have they accepted that they are second class counties and keeping gaelic games alive in Dublin is paramount?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:02 am

I hope there's a special place in hell reserved for whoever fixes all these double headers for Croke Park.

You can look forward to the hardship of finding parking where you can be reasonably assured that you won't return to your car to find it sitting atop of four bricks. Unfortunately this may involve availing of the services of the local "Giz a foivah and I'll keep me eye on de motor for ye bud" gentleman. This is usually followed by the scenic trek up through beautiful Summerhill. If you're lucky enough to avoid getting caught in the crossfire of the latest gang feud you will safely arrive at Croke Park only to find there are more seagulls in the ground than supporters. Endure the first half of your match and then spend the interval looking forward to the second half only to be up and down out of your seat like a yo-yo during the last ten minutes as the first of the Blue Wave "sponsored by AIG" Army arrive in early for the main event of the afternoon. Listen to the usual "witty" quips from these legendary comedians which can range from the simple "Yiz are shoite" to the old classics like "Yiz are only a shower of sheep shaggers" and "I hope yiz didn't waste too much on diesel bud" etc. Have the good fortune to lose the match and you can look forward to a day out in an altogether nicer place in the qualifiers. Win the match and your joy will be short lived as you know you'll be back here for more punishment in a few weeks time.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:43 pm

Fully agree with everything posted so far about the ridiculous venue and pricing. It's getting to the stage where league games offer far better value and atmosphere than championship games.

Anyway if we had a full team I'd fancy us to win but if Feely and Cribbin are out we're in deep sh*t around the middle of the field.

Trying to guess what team we'll go with assuming those two don't start. Probably something like:
1 Donnellan
2 Kelly
3 Hyland
4 Lyons
5 Doyle
6 Conway
7 Houlihan/O'Donoghue/Byrne
8 Dan Flynn
9 Moolick
10 M O'Flaherty
11 E O'Flaherty
12 Bolton
13 N Flynn
14 Smith
15 N Kelly

This is not the team I'd pick, but what I'd guess O'Neill would go for. I don't like starting eight defenders meself - I think the balance is wrong and we could get edged out in a low-scoring game.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Not a bad team to play a defensive game O2. I'd pick O'Donoghue at 7 and allow Bolton forward at every chance especially if Dan Flynn is on a run. The problem in playing a defensive style is the slow transition to attack when we turn the ball over. If we can improve on our speed when we get the ball we have some good players up front to run up a winning score.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Jez kkk that summed the day to croker up well, and also depressed the Fck outa me.. one must wonder what's the point anymore.. not sure I'll go now.. especially if that's the team otb. . Kildare 5 WM 4.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:59 pm

It is highly unlikely that Dan Flynn will be available from what I hear!
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:47 am

topcat wrote:
It is highly unlikely that Dan Flynn will be available from what I hear!

So I hear. I'd expect a few changes for the last day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:23 am

Flynn injured or otherwise unavailable? Heard he was flying it in the full forward line in recent weeks in training.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 3:34 am

Rex wrote:

Can see the attendance at this game being a real wake-up call for the GAA. I would be astonished if between Kildare, Meath and Westmeath you would even get 20k and increasingly Dublin fans are growing tired of attending one-sided games. The GAA have fed a monster and will now start reaping the 'rewards'.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 4:37 am

umpireonditch wrote:
Flynn injured or otherwise unavailable? Heard he was flying it in the full forward line in recent weeks in training.

Injured again I heard. Not sure if its true. Hopefully not.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 10:42 pm

Agree with all of the above. It's ridiculous having all these games in Croke Park. I never remember seeing a smaller Kildare crowd at a championship game as there was for the Wexford match. After that disappointing performance, the price increase and this one being televised I can't see many making the trip up at all.

If it was in Portlaoise, Tullamore, Navan etc lots would go. The atmosphere is so much better. It's not Dublin's fault but the other counties in Leinster always get screwed over because Leinster are trying to accommodate them while supporters in counties from the other three provinces don't have to deal with paying more for double headers at all until they reach the All Ireland quarter finals.

It's getting to the stage now that, as long as Dublin are such a strong force in Leinster, you're actually looking forward to Kildare getting knocked out so we can enjoy a few roadtrips in the backdoor. Not that you are hoping they get beaten either but thats just the way its gone now.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 5:22 am

I think the small crowd represents where kildare are at. I dont think its a case of I'd love to go to Croke Park but i won't because it's a double header. If i remember correctly there was a decent crow in 05 when we played Westmeath as part of a double header. I think the reason people aren't going looking at kildare is because they don't get entertainment. People follow and want to be associated with success.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 am

jim wrote:
I think the small crowd represents where kildare are at. I dont think its a case of I'd love to go to Croke Park but i won't because it's a double header. If i remember correctly there was a decent crow in 05 when we played Westmeath as part of a double header. I think the reason people aren't going looking at kildare is because they don't get entertainment. People follow and want to be associated with success.

Jim, back in 05 the Leinster championship was competitive - not so anymore.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 9:04 am

Yea I agree. But my point is that regardless of the venue if kildare were going better we would draw large crowds.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 12:50 pm

The price has also gone way up Jim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v westmeath
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next