Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v westmeath

Go down 
+51
rob11
Cassanata
spot on
Shergar
totalgaa
OutTheGap
hawker
micky murphy
KILL BILL
if_in_doubt
Stonecold
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Dinny Breen
jemser
smokey
Frankel
KFSAM
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Carburyhill
Big Full Back
kelf
Ogie
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
steviegenius
Xavi
lomond
shoutitout
inexile
Kildare Blade
tomoneillandhissisteranne
moatesports
Gaa1928
Botch
jj
flourman
Lily8
jimmers
jim
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Ohtoohtobe
kickingking
murof
kildaregaa365
Taibi
lilywhites on tour
Rex
Landro88
lillyboy
Jimmy winning matches
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:01 am

inexile, I know where you are coming from saying that it doesn't matter if we win or not be I have to disagree with you. I believe a win on Sunday would be a huge boost for the players. We all know Dublin are by far the superior team in the province but surely we are trying to prove that we are second. How have we any hope of getting close to Dublin if we cant at least meet them in a final!

The players we are missing for this game is going to make the task a lot harder. I would like to see us play someone with pace in midfield beside Moolick as I believe playing Paudi there will leave us very flat in that area. For me I would move Hylo from full back and put him in midfield and let Fitzy cover the full back position. If Niall Kelly does not start then Flynn and Smith are going to have to have their shooting boots on.

Kildare by 2.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:32 am

Kildare Blade wrote:
First post on here...moved to Naas a few years ago and have been following the fortunes of Kildare GAA since...unfortunately my first game was the Leinster final last year so hoping for better this Sunday.
Do there tend to be specific pubs that Kildare fans go to pre match?

Depends on where I'm sitting. Cusack this Sunday - so Clonlif House will be visited.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:33 am

Rumour has it that Chris Healy is close to start on Sunday
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:46 am

I think most will agree we want to beat WM, and then hopefully put it up to the Dubs.. losing to WM and heading to the qualifiers dosnt appeal at all.. personally I think we'll win.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 2:02 am

no buzz about this game as there is no buzz about kildare senior footballers in general at the moment. in the past when we competed with Dublin, Donegal, Tyrone we had generals like johnny doyle, sweeney & earley - born leaders dragging us through games. hard honest footballers in their peak fitness like Mick Foley, Bolton, daryll flynn, andrew mcloughlin who'd take your head off to win the ball mixed with the skill and scoring ability of Kavanagh and newly on the scene at the time Eoghan O'Flaherty we had a good mix of youth , experience, hardness and the occassional dirt if needed.

at the moment we have nothing to get excited about. Bolton's legs are gone by the looks of it. We have no leaders like Johnny or Dermot. Moolick would hardly put in a tackle let alone clean a lads head off his shoulders like Daryll Flynn use to . we have no go to guy for scores. we lack identity and character. there is a new crop of players coming through, it remains to be seen if they will ever be able to come close to dublin let alone compete. We have a lot of nice tippy tappy handpassing footballers who are probably for the most part above average at best for the level they are at.

Maybe they are happy at reaching this level. time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 2:20 am

It's only to be expected that there would be a lack of build up. Between the last few years of doom, the handling of the fixtures by the Leinster Council, the price and undeniable favouritism of Dublin then who could get excited.

But I always want to win and there are a few big sharks on our side of the qualifiers so let them take a bite out of each other before we get involved.

A bit of advice Kildare blade, get out now before you endure a lot of pain and suffering. Some of us are born into it you have an option to stay clear.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 3:03 am

Ah lads when the draw was made back in October or when ever all of us myself included said it was a easyer route to the Leinster final and at the time new management in place there was a bit of hope there. Our first aim was to get out of division 3 job done. Next beat Wexford in the 1st round job done now we meet Westmeath. I think its vital that we win Sunday these lads to continue there progression need to taste a Leinster final ok we would be playing the Dubs but we are a young team that hopefully will learn what is required to beat them or to get to that level. If we get beat by Westmeath I think it would seriously damage us more and cant see us doing much in the qualifiers
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 4:00 am

shoutitout wrote:
inexile, I know where you are coming from saying that it doesn't matter if we win or not be I have to disagree with you. I believe a win on Sunday would be a huge boost for the players. We all know Dublin are by far the superior team in the province but surely we are trying to prove that we are second. How have we any hope of getting close to Dublin if we cant at least meet them in a final!

The players we are missing for this game is going to make the task a lot harder. I would like to see us play someone with pace in midfield beside Moolick as I believe playing Paudi there will leave us very flat in that area. For me I would move Hylo from full back and put him in midfield and let Fitzy cover the full back position. If Niall Kelly does not start then Flynn and Smith are going to have to have their shooting boots on.

Kildare by 2.  

I agree about the pace around the middle. My thinking was Eoin Doyle but Hylo is another option. Both are pacy and aggressive. Midfielders will have to defend anyway I presume if we go with a similar structure to Wexford. Keith Cribbin if he was fit enough (I doubt he could be for such a pivotal role).

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 4:37 am

Good post stevie.. glass has been worse than half full in this county for a few year's now.. let's go and beat WM and maybe just maybe we can start believing in this crop of footballers.

Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:11 am

Heh. There'll be even less interest now.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:16 am

Ha ha I was going to post the same. You couldn't give a ticket away now. If the GAA had any small level of intelligence they would move the Kildare game to Saturday evening in Portlaoise or Tullamore. But that's if they had any brain cells.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:36 am

Credit where it's due. Great call by the leinster council
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 am

Yeah good call moving it to 4-15, still leaves it tight but doable and the pubs will be delighted
Back to top Go down
Kildare Blade
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 6:55 pm

A bit of advice Kildare blade, get out now before you endure a lot of pain and suffering. Some of us are born into it you have an option to stay clear. wrote:

My name is Kildare Blade because I'm a Sheffield United fan, born into that. I'm more than used to pain and suffering.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 10:23 pm

jim wrote:

It was the only call or an even emptier stadium.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 10:33 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
jim wrote:

It was the only call or an even emptier stadium.

While I agree it is progress, its not exactly a ground breaking decision.   The soccer match should be over at approx. 3.50 p.m. ( if it doesn't go to extra time ) so unless you are sitting in Croke Park watching it there is no great difference.  I still feel what was going to be a small crowd there for the first match is now going to be smaller.

More then likely this change was done to accommodate the Dublin fans anyway as there is no way their match would have started at 4.00 p.m. with 1,000's still queuing to get in.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 10:42 pm

Of course it matters that we win. The moaning on here would be insufferable if we lost. Couldnt care less if theres twenty people at our game. Its Championship Dublin playing after who are a joy to watch.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 11:28 pm

Kildare Blade wrote:

My name is Kildare Blade because I'm a Sheffield United fan, born into that. I'm more than used to pain and suffering.
We do pain and suffering way better than though, you'll learn soon enough.

As for moving the match it's exactly as Gaa1928 said, it is to accommodate Dublin not the other three teams. Either you go up early and watch it in a pub which if you have kids is very difficult and race over after it finishes or you sit and watch the two games from the comfort of your living room. Let's ignore the fact it could go to extra time.

The change only suits one team and the GAA have suited themselves again when it comes to Dublin. Laois and Armagh had to play when the Belgium game was on.

To quote George Orwell "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others"
Back to top Go down
Kildare Blade
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:09 am

Either you go up early and watch it in a pub which if you have kids is very difficult and race over after it finishes or you sit and watch the two games from the comfort of your living room. Let's ignore the fact it could go to extra time. wrote:

What time would the gates open in Croker...could we watch the game on the concourses?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:22 am

I heard Croker will be opened for the Ireland and they'll be showing it on the big screens
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:28 am

Westmeath are best priced 7/2 to win - ridiculous odds.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:42 am

Kildare 2/5 draw 8/1. Westmeath 11/4

Kildare (- 3) Evs Draw. (-3). 8/1. Westmeath.(+3) Evs. Paddy Powers
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:45 am

flourman wrote:

Agreed -- it's based on tradition and league form. Doesn't take into account Kildare's injury situation or the fact we are afraid of our sh!te in Croke Park these days whereas WM revelled in it last year. Should be Evens for me if not WM slight favourites.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:28 am

Crofter wrote:
flourman wrote:

Agreed - it's based on tradition and league form. Doesn't take into account Kildare's injury situation or the fact we are afraid of our sh!te in Croke Park these days whereas WM revelled in it last year.  Should be Evens for me if not WM slight favourites.

Agreed - I mean if Wexford (who could and maybe should have beaten us) were playing WestMeath on Sunday, I'd be fairly sure that WestMeath would favs.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 5:18 am

flourman wrote:
I heard Croker will be opened for the Ireland and they'll be showing it on the big screens

Where'd you hear this flour man? That sounds like a perfect afternoon's sport and would encourage plenty of undecided fans to head to Croker. Could be an afternoon ruined within a few short hours mind you :-(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v westmeath   Kildare v westmeath - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v westmeath
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next