Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster club championship

Go down 
+28
intheback
kelf
jj
if_in_doubt
tomoneillandhissisteranne
LillieLad
Botch
murof
Gaa1928
Highball
Cilldara_2000
steviegenius
Sam1928
SeamusMurphy
jobluts
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
sarsno1
TommyKeegan
lillyboy
Bigfullforward
ndog
Ogie
Big Full Back
bigball
Fear An Geata
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Jimmy winning matches
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Leinster club championship  Empty
PostSubject: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 1:48 am

Junior club championship result

Erin rovers (Offaly) 1-16 Ballymore 1-13 after extra time

Moorefield play winners of rhode v portlaoise on tomarrow in Tullamore
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 3:01 am

Erin Rovers are the Offaly intermediate champions. Why are they in the Leinster junior championship? Defeats the purpose of the whole competition.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 3:19 am

TheHulkHoganCowardFund wrote:
Erin Rovers are the Offaly intermediate champions. Why are they in the Leinster junior championship? Defeats the purpose of the whole competition.
Offaly have a Senior B Club Championship and they are intermediate club championship
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 3:20 am

Senior B Winners in Offaly (Durrow) are in the Leinster Intermediate. They beat Mullinavat (Kilkenny Senior Winners) last week.

Ardclough are our Senior hurling winners and they are playing in Leinster Intermediate.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 3:01 am

Portlaoise v Moorefield November 12 portlaoise
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Disappointed with that bme result.. hopefully moores and raheens can do thr county proud
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 3:05 am

Really need Moorefield and Raheens to do well.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 am

Just watched the Dublin County Final. Was a really weird and subdued affair. Vincent’s were the better team. Terrible miss by Dean Rock near the end but Vincent’s deserved the win. Connolly was the pick of them for Vincent’s
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 7:36 am

Raheens play Killanerin of Wexford away this Saturday in Gorey 2pm

Ardclough play St. Patrick of Balllyraggett of Kilkenny in Newbridge Saturday 2pm Intermediate Hurling
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 pm

I heard Ardclough were willing to pay to give up home advantage
Back to top Go down
ndog
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 10:47 pm

I think raheens could be in trouble, they are missing lads gone away and injured.
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:42 am

Think Moorefield have a good chance in Laois.
The Portlaoise team aren't a patch on what they used to be. Very reliant on a couple of good forwards.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 5:08 am

Was conisdering backing raheens for a leinster but i wont in that case.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 2:25 am

Killanerin 0-10 Raheens 0-8 Killanerin played last 10 Minutes with 14 men

St Patrick’s of Ballyraggett 0-24 Ardclough 1-8

Moorefield only Kildare club left in Leinster

Back to top Go down
ndog
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 3:15 am

I am so disappointed for raheens, that game was there for them and they blew it. Not having graham waters and jason earley didn't help either. A sour way to end the year.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 5:06 am

Raheens certainly had the chances to win the game and were in ahead near the end. Disappointing finish to the season but they're a young team and should learn from it
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 5:52 am

Not meant as a personal go, and far from just you, but always wondered what "should learn a lot from it" means exactly? Learn what? Not to try and give up a lead before the final whistle? Do all you can to hold on and win? Is this not known without having to learn such a thing?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 6:09 am

I'm sure they didn't try and give up the lead and they did dominate possession in the closing stages. I'd imagine they will learn how to handle a packed defence for one thing. Any team not willing or able to learn from matches go nowhere, prime example Dublin after the Donegall match in 2014. Raheens are a young team who came from behind to beat St Kevins and Kilcock but failed to take chances created today.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 8:38 am

Maybe you are right, just would have even thought a basic of playing football for a first team now would be how to handle a blanket defence, hardly a surprise tactic anymore. Anyway, disappointing but fine year for them so fair play.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 11:32 am

hard luck to raheens  . really fancied them for leinster but wexford intermediate championship would be very strong  .
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 8:29 pm

“Wexford intermediate championship would be very strong”...  said no one ever (before now).

Seriously if that’s the level of excuse Kildare football can come up with we’re more fucked than I ever thought.  

Really disappointing performances in Leinster yet again.
Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2017 10:22 pm

The standard of club football in Kildare is very average and i have said it for years. Im sorry but losing to the intermediate champions of a hurling county is not acceptable. Kildare clubs and inter county teams lack bottle but most importantly lack skill and vision. I don't expect Moorefield to beat Portlaoise next weekend either as a matter of fact i think they will get hammered.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:04 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
“Wexford intermediate championship would be very strong”...  said no one ever (before now).

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 9:48 am

Everyone knows my take on this and it's deeply unpopular on here, but fair to say I've been vindicated so far. There are outstanding footballers in Kildare, but the standard of club football in Kildare - by which I mean the quality of the TEAMS, as TEAMS - is not elite level.

People went ballistic when I said that earlier this year - I was being "disrespectful" to club scene and similar rubbish - but the results thus far borne out my theory. Of course, if indeed Moorefield are an elite club team, we can expect them as veterans of the Leinster club scene to make the final this year. Personally, I don't see that happening as simply, they do not have forwards of the quality of, for example, Diarmuid Connolly and Mossy Quinn, or anywhere close.

Indeed, were you suggest that to knowledgable football people around the country, after the laughter had died down, people would probably think you were delusional - which is exactly what I think some people are when it comes to quality of Kildare club football.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 10:04 am

i was being sarcastic. like us losing to louth champions last year. not good at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster club championship    Leinster club championship  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster club championship
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next