Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Super 8 's

Go down 
+59
shoeshine
Jimmy winning matches
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Lillybloom
16andPregnant
ixus
kickingking
if_in_doubt
white boy
johnsmyth
Taibi
lillyboy
Bángoléir
kelf
White Bridge
OutTheGap
TheBigDog#
Ogie
Dinny Breen
jj
Kildaremad
Gaa1928
intheback
learmus
Big Full Back
Shergar
kildaregaa365
bite the pillow
Liffey Likes
KILL BILL
lilysavage
TommyKeegan
micky murphy
Cranky
topcat
moatesports
Kicking bird
MD
Sam1928
Goff28
murof
Highball
FearBan
flourman
Fear An Geata
hawker
inexile
Flamingo
bloodsub
All down the line
SeamusMurphy
Cilldara_2000
steviegenius
Kildare98
LillieLad
jimmers
sarsno1
Xavi
Rex
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

The Super 8 's - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 6:52 am

I'd nearly stick Conway on Comer robbing Peter to pay Paul but Im not sure we have a full back to deal with the Strength of Comer maybe P Kelly.

Last edited by LillieLad on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 7:10 am

Team announced. No changes.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 9:07 am

It's all sounds rather negative now. As far as I am concerned it's not beyond Kildare by manner or means and it's there for them if they want it badly enough, Monaghan wanted it a bit more the last day. It's now all about the balls they possess now and leadership, time to put up. Yes Galway are a decent team with an excellent record this year and indeed they have a great record against Kildare for many years, but they are not unbeatable, for much of the Kerry game it can be said that the standard of football was no better than Kildare Monaghan game, like 3 points each after almost 30 minutes. Kildare B team came close to Galway last year. Kildare played badly against a stubborn monaghan team and yet Kildare could have won it. This Kildare team have the talent to take this excellent galway team but it will take a mega effort, being a home game counts for much too. Time for players to be leaders and rip into it, some of our better players didn't come anywhere near their potential and need to stand up now and push onto another level or else live with failure. A good start is vital too. Over to you lads, you can do it.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 8:49 pm

KB . To say Kelly hasn't the skill or Physique to play at 6 is nonsense imo.. I've seen him play there regular with His Club and He's a natural.. I know it's a different level yeah.
But that debates for another Day.
Anyway hopefully the "Newbridgeornowwhere" roar is worth 4 points or more Tomorrow as I fear we'll need them.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:07 pm

Just cannot see Kildare winning this game tomorrow. Galway are a serious outfit who play a system which Kildare cannot cope with. We've seen it numerous times in the past with Armagh, Tyrone, etc. We just do not possess in-game intelligence to deal with it.

Comer at FF worries me greatly.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 11:28 pm

Have to agree Taibi, Monaghan dealt with us easily enough last week. Maybe I'm naive not having played for a long time but I am amazed at the open space behind a blanket defense which surely can be exploited by a quick pass to a runner.
Feely did it to Kelly against Derry for a goal. Rock did it against us in Leinster final last year. It requires someone making that run and an intelligent player making the pass. So often last week we tried to run into that space with the ball and got turned over. Expect the same tomorrow if we adopt the same tactics.
Hope I'm wrong but can't see us winning.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 12:27 am

is ground sold out yet ?kildare have a poor record against galway it is time to change it and sunday would be a great time to start keep her lit
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Bángoléir
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 12:29 am

It's usually a good thing when a team has more changes, but I thought we might see one or two lads come in if only for fresh legs

Is Feely fit? I heard on the GAA hour that Dan Flynn has a quad injury of some sort, although he looked fine against Monaghan

I suspect we'll need to use the bench earlier than normal. I've a fair amount of faith in Fionn Dowling to make an impact and I think Mark Sherry could have a very useful 20 minutes in him at this level right now (with more to come next year)

I mentioned this already but we really need the crowd involved to alleviate the mental fatigue on the pitch.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 8:44 pm

There's not a chance Feely can be fit if you think about it logically. I think he's been heroic in the circumstances, though was off his best against Monaghan. I'm glad no-one rose to the bait of the troll earlier that slagged him off.

He came on in the 68th minute against Longford, a game it was looking bad in and if he had anything at all, he'd have been on earlier. Then he started the next week.

So it's obvious he didn't make a recovery of that extent on the injury in the week - then there's the aerobic fitness. The games might be bringing him along but it's clearly why he's moving in and out, though it's not a bad tactic with Daniel roaming and attempting to time his runs from deep. But it's Feely you'd love doing the probing deep. But the direct ball on a dry day with so many numbers would not be any harm every now and then because Feely can win it. A supporting runner or two then. It's easy out from the keyboard!! Can't make it today, caught with other work, was buoyed by Niall Carew's optimism talking to him on Friday - he made a good point. Galway's style of play will keep you in it. Clinical finishing probably key, kick all the placed balls etc. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 9:10 pm

We are long overdue a win against Galway. No better day than today.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 10:14 pm

to quote Xavi

One more shot . One last hurrah of 2018. A top team . Who would you want.  Where would you want them . Galway at home.  Galway in #newbridgeornowhere.  One last shot . Nothing to lose . Empty the tank. Leave it all on the field. Any more cliches. Am I fatigued . Am I FUCK. Bring it on .

One last shot .

Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 12:40 am

Still wasting chances, how are we a point behind?
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 12:53 am

Need to win more ball in the middle and be far more clinical
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 1:44 am

Yet again at a crucial moment against a top team, Kildare fail to hold their heads.

Coming back at Galway & D Flynn has a wild swing at a Galway defender. We never learn.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 2:00 am

Jesus is there two bigger "nearly" counties in the GAA than Kildare & Mayo. Joint kings of the moral victory.

Christ knows what happens in U20 All Ireland final. Both teams probably spontaneously combust before throw-in.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 2:38 am

Frustrating for Flynn. Lad hanging out of him and he threw the arms to get free. Pity he didn't connect and give his man a reason to lie down, since he was getting red either way.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 2:44 am

At the other end of course, Kildare defence playing a good, gentlemanly, sporting game as usual.

We must be the last county around to know that dark arts are part of the game. Where is the hard edge in this team?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 3:04 am

When was the last time we saw a Kildare defender get so tight & aggressive on a forward that it drove him to distraction? A man-marking masterclass with a helping of dark arts a la Lee Keegan?

Answer: Never - because they don't do it.

Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 3:33 am

What are you on about HG?
The team were a point down with injury time left having played 25 mins with 14 men against arguably the second best team in the country.

They shut Walsh and Comer down for most of the game.

Take a moment and compose yourself.

Look at what Monaghan are doing now.

Being this close to those two after the league and start to championship is positive despite the disappointment of the results.

Need them to deliver a performance against Kerry even if out. A hammering would be a severe dent.

Aside. Galway instigate 2 incidents resulting in lads sent off two weeks in a row. The off the ball stuff is atrocious. Both red cards deserved but other team gets away with it. Need retrospective yellows and blacks accumulating to suspensions.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 3:42 am

I'm using the result & the fact we're the only team in the group with nothing to play for on the final weekend.

What metric are you using?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 3:51 am

Re off the ball stuff. I can assure you Dublin, Tyrone & Mayo are as bad.

But they don't whinge about it - they just get on it with it and get results. That's why those counties win trophies and we don't.

But the moral victories are great, no question.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 4:08 am

They tried really hard today against a better team. Feely was clearly struggling with injury all through and that combined with the sending off made it mission impossible imo.
Despite that we were only a point down near the end. Still a lot to hope for next year with 4 or 5 of U20's coming through and Div 2 offering them an easier introduction. Disappointed with a couple of starting forwards who just don't achieve enough at this level.
Pity about Kerry sneaking a draw today as it means the will be all out for the win next game.
Didn't see the incident but apparently Donaghy did the same as Flynn but escaped with a yellow and not for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 4:18 am

Would love to show Daniel Flynn David Clifford's performance today.

Got WORSE treatment from Monaghan. And how does he respond?

The only way that counts - driving in a goal at the end & sickening them.

But again - that's why we're not a top team. Hopefully Niall Carew keeps blaming the refs though. I'm sure there probably is a conspiracy against us in fairness. Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 4:22 am

Daniel Flynn incident not the same as Donaghy. Donaghy tried to shrug off a tackle - Flynn aimed a punch at a lad's head.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 4:37 am

No complaints today. Never looked like winning at any stage, Galway were always one step ahead. They seemed to find scores easier to come by.

Flynn deserved to walk, no business reacting like that even if he was been fouled, hopefully he learn from it. His chance of an All-Star gone now.

Fair play to Mick O'Grady, thought he handled Comer well. He's a beast who'll roast much better defenders than O'Grady. Felt sorry for Feely, that man should have been in a tracksuit on the sideline, he could barely break into a jog.

Just a word on the Galway keeper, it's been a long time since I seen a worse keeper for a top side. Dreadful.

Great atmosphere around Newbridge, felt like 50k not 8k people were there. Time to bin Croker until the semis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Super 8 's
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: