Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare Panel 2019

Go down 
+19
Highball
Cilldara_2000
jj
KILL BILL
micky murphy
FearBan
Flamingo
lillyboy
Botch
jimmers
Ogie
flourman
murof
SeamusMurphy
Caprea
Curraghplains
Kildare-Tom
Taibi
TheManInTheStands
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 12:38 am

The full panel is as follows:

No

Player

Club

Mark Donnellan

Maynooth

Aaron O’Neill

Carbury

Peter Kelly

Two Mile House

David Hyland

Athy

Mick O’Grady

Celbridge

Mark Hyland

Athy

Mark Dempsey

Moorefield

Mark Barrett

Ballymore Eustace

DJ Earley

Monasterevan

John O’Toole

Monasterevan

Eoin Doyle

Naas

Keith Cribbin

Johnstownbridge

Cian O’Donoghue

Clane

Kevin Flynn

Celbridge

James Murray

Moorefield

Conor Hartley

Sarsfields

David Malone

Raheens

Jason Gibbons

Kilcock

Kevin Feely

Athy

Tommy Moolick

Leixlip

Fionn Dowling

Suncroft

Paschal Connell

Athy

Fergal Conway

Celbridge

Aaron Masterson

Moorefield

David Slattery

Confey

Paul Cribbin

Johnstownbridge

Mark Sherry

Two Mile House

Paddy Brophy

Celbridge

Eoghan O’Flaherty

Carbury

Adam Tyrrell

Moorefield

Tony Archbold

Celbridge

Neil Flynn

Maynooth

Chris Healy

Two Mile House

Jimmy Hyland

Ballyteague

Padraig Nash

Monasterevan

Ben McCormack

Sarsfields

Brian McLaughlin

Clane

Padraig Fogarty

St. Laurence’s

Kevin O Callaghan

Celbridge

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 2:23 am

Nice to see Eoghan O'Flaherty back.

John O'Toole couldn't get a game with the U20s yet here he is. Strange.
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 am

Think after the laois game it was a confidence issue and the backs did well and he never got a chance then, played well when he came on in final and kept Hyland quiet in IFC quarter final maybe that’s what merits it. Time will tell

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 5:08 am

Alot of young lads named, good experience for them if minded properly.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 9:04 am

Taibi wrote:
Nice to see Eoghan O'Flaherty back.

John O'Toole couldn't get a game with the U20s yet here he is. Strange.
John Underage for U20 Next year as well
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 9:10 pm

Would have expected Jack Robinson to get the call?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 11:07 pm

DJ under 20 again next Year.. don't think John is.
Surprised Nathan Sherry didn't get a call up.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:54 am

Mark Barrett apparently did really well on the Aussie Rules trial recently. 4 players have been selected to go to Australia, he might well be one of them. Good for him but disappointing as he looked a player who could do well at senior and we really need some new talent in defense.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 9:09 am

Enjoyable game in Hawkfield tonight between Kildare and Maynooth Uni - Podge Fogarty player very well for Maynooth @ FF.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 6:47 pm

murof wrote:
Mark Barrett apparently did really well on the Aussie Rules trial recently. 4 players have been selected to go to Australia, he might well be one of them. Good for him but disappointing as he looked a player who  could do well at senior and we really need some new talent in defense.

Aaron O'Neill was supposed to be there too but was injured, had been at a session in Belfield with them before that, interesting that he created such an impression as a goalie
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 1:18 am

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 9:10 pm

It seems to me he just wants to have a balanced life. You cant blame him. I hear he just does not enjoy all the video analysis and all the other planning side of the game.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 11:30 pm

The preparation side of the game has really changed, some lads love all the foam rolling, bands, pre warm up, cool down etc and some lads just want to play ball
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 1:58 am

Jasus how the hell can you love the warm-ups and the foam rolling. Sure anyone can do that and you can do that in a gym. Surely its the playing that you should love not all the absolute overkill shite that is turning lads off.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 2:23 am

Don't know how the love it but some do, I think it's the feeling of the more you prepare/suffer the better you play
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 2:51 am

I heard from a player that on a county team that the manager asked them to come to the training centre to do video analysis. It was on a Wednesday which was the only day they had off in that week.
Player said it was absolutely rubbish and turned lads off completely as they were really looking forward to not being at training. These people are doing analysis for the sake of it.

I will say it here.
A lot of the analysis is absolute bull.
Lads making a quick buck and will never be heard of again.
90% of the information is absolutely useless.

Then players running out to play a match with their heads filled with 90% rubbish about tactics.
And forgetting about playing the game

I do not blame ONE player for not playing with their county.
Even the club seen is going (or gone) that way. And players are walking away.

I still laugh to myself when I get told at half time in games we are winning 40% kickouts, we gave away too many fouls. Our percentage of scoring is way down when shooting inside "red" zone.
All the absolute basics of the game.

All absolute BollXX.
You don't need to be told this crap when its all OBVIOUS.

If players done know how to resolve those issues themselves as an individual then then should play with the 2nd team.

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 3:03 am

Sorry for ranting. Just think the same results can be achieved with common sense and proper skills coaching.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 3:04 am

I'd agree with you Botch, as some one said Lies, dam lies and statistics. A lot of the stuff can be a statement on the bleeding obvious and is over relied on by some but it can also be a good tool to show lads stuff they are doing right or wrong. As to whether it's value for either time or money I'd have my doubts, a bit like a lot of coaches
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 2:43 am

Doesn't say much for all the managers and elite coaches that are using this information then.

I don't blame anyone for not playing with the county either. In fact I was saying that 12 years ago, when we thought it was at serious levels then.

It's a lifestyle commitment, a full-time commitment, and if it's not for you, it's not. But I don't understand doing it and complaining about it. The rowers and canoeists and long jumpers and runners etc, that are doing the same and doing jobs and have no funding and can be dope tested at home or while out having a meal (something the GPA were whinging about, under the mistaken impression that Olympic hopefuls in athletics had some sort of easier deal, whereas many of them have worse, no grants) do all that analysis, gather all that statistical information, not so much to inform their competition but inform their preparation and training. But it's not for everyone, no more than being a full-time athlete is.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 1:24 am

In terms of players some lads love training and they would be at it anyway, so the gym bunny aspect suits them down to the ground, especially if they don't have a football brain.
Then managers now are under pressure to hire in spoofers to do GPS analysis and all that. This craic of how much you ran, etc. if I have a centre back I don't want the hoor running around the place!
He should sit in and hold his area, but the stats would show him up. As was said sitting through video analysis and then the eyes glaze over and they run around like a lunatic for

All are to blame. The players and the fans will be on the case if we don't have an army of experts. Then the manager is under pressure, so he gets them in, whether or not they can apply all this knowledge or not.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 1:58 am

Jesus lads, ye're sounding like those in the stands who constantly shout "just kick the F&$king thing" and bemoan the fact that every possession doesn't end up with a long kick into the big full forward.

Like it or not, football has greatly moved on from what you're pining for. Practically every sport has move on from the kick it and see approach. Hunger and passion won't cut it anymore. Skill won't even win out the day unless you're properly prepared.

Video analysis is essential in preparing any serious team, GPS monitoring enables critical decisions be made on the sideline during the heat of battle.

The spoofers, as you call them, are uncovering the data that shows when a substitution should be made, or a lad needs to be rested to avoid injury. It's not used to ensure a full back is running x amount of kms or anything like that.

Any decent manager understands that different players have different roles.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 2:06 am

FearBan wrote:
Jesus lads, ye're sounding like those in the stands who constantly shout "just kick the F&$king thing" and bemoan the fact that every possession doesn't end up with a long kick into the big full forward.

Like it or not, football has greatly moved on from what you're pining for. Practically every sport has move on from the kick it and see approach. Hunger and passion won't cut it anymore. Skill won't even win out the day unless you're properly prepared.

Video analysis is essential in preparing any serious team, GPS monitoring enables critical decisions be made on the sideline during the heat of battle.

The spoofers, as you call them, are uncovering the data that shows when a substitution should be made, or a lad needs to be rested to avoid injury. It's not used to ensure a full back is running x amount of kms or anything like that.

Any decent manager understands that different players have different roles.

I'm not talking about lorrying it in, but at club level when I see an army on the sideline with ear pieces and clip boards as their team do some of the dumbest shite imaginable then questions should be asked.
Players can only take on board a certain amount of info and if you don't have really good communicators doing that work it is pointless.

Also for the record the one thing causes Dublin any trouble is the ignorant high ball, but lads will say that is only less than 20% successful...even Laois were able to cause them grief for a while if they committed more bodies around the target man.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 11:25 pm

That attitude has let me down a few times because we might have a bad loss and sometimes I wouldn’t be upset. I believe that’s life and what’s the point in dwelling on it.

I know Daniel Flynn is a massive loss to us for this year but was surprised nobody picked up on some of the statements he was making like the above the man is perfectly entitled to do what he wants and nobody can question his abilities but think this shows his mind set.

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 am

Kevin Flynn has foot fracture injury
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 10:09 am

Lovely, how long could that take to heal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare Panel 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare Panel 2019   Kildare Panel 2019 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare Panel 2019
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next