Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Clare

Go down 
+29
Kildare98
OutTheGap
Rex
murof
tomoneillandhissisteranne
TommyKeegan
bite the pillow
Ohtoohtobe
Curraghplains
lilysavage
lilliesabu
Club fan
jj
intheback
shoutitout
Dinny Breen
Cassanata
kevhog88
Shergar
micky murphy
seamymurphy
Taibi
Badger85
kildarecat
learmus
John_R
Highball
bigball
totalgaa
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
lilliesabu
Junior C
Junior C

Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 6:46 pm

So disappointed after today, a game I thought we would win. So many players played poorly. Eoin Doyle, Shea Ryan and Paddy Brophy only ones to stand out. Changes needed.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 6:48 pm

Tommy, are these the same lads you 'spoke to' who said 2 Kildare players were legless drunk the night before a Championship game? Thanks for the coaching offer but JOC has forgotten more about football than you'll ever know about it. Its February 2nd and hes lost an away league game by a point. Get over yourself.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 6:54 pm

You're right LilySavage. I offered facts while trying to respect people on here, you shoot it down with shots at the messanger to skip the message. You know what LilySavage, I hope you are contributing a bunch as you moan about truths. Maybe if your head goes far enough up your arse, it'll come out the mouth and see light. But back to the questions I asked that you chose to deflect from, no answers. Why make it about Jack, performance and all that cash when you can make it about someone questioning it.
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Am I right that Feeley was our only scorer in the 2nd half?.. if so, what's the problem with this group of so called talented forwards ??.. not sure if its attitude or what, but there's something really wrong.
Not sure I can watch too much more of this stuff.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 7:07 pm

Genuine question, as per accounting practices and tax laws, can we find out what JOC is on from our CB?
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 7:09 pm

No, you've offered anecdotal evidence similar to some nonsense you put up here before. Facts are he has won more all irelands at schools, minor, u21 and senior than anyone else in the game. And calling someone out after a one point loss away on February 2nd is eejitry. Have you attended any games, club or county, over the past few year? You do realise we have struggled in Division 2 and were hammered at home in our last Championship match. Expecting an overnight transformation is daft.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 7:21 pm

You are right, we've struggled in Division Two so are spending a fortune to struggle in Division Two. Y

ou still haven't answered, a man that's been paid for six months on money that dwarfs most people over a year was on the line today - how was his gameplan; did he spot problems; how did he rectify them?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 7:21 pm

I asked on here last week after Fermanagh - has anyone seen anything different out of this group. Answer is definitely nothing different.
I absolutely hate be it club or county or any sport and get it hard to accept a team not out working the other team expecting to get a result it’s simple even Jack said after ‘Clare worked like dogs’ don’t accept this as an excuse if we were willing to get down and dirty we would of beat them but we didn’t same input same output too many shapers in this group and not enough work horses or leaders, Jack needs to realise this and I think he will.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 7:24 pm

Not long through the door from Ennis. That's as poor a Kildare performance as I've witnessed and I've seen many.

I wouldn't know where to start to pick it apart as we were so poor all over the park. 10 points firstly is the big problem. You won't win any game only scoring it .

We have this uncanny knack of bringing out the best in poor opposition.  Clare kicked some fantastic scores that they will never kick again, we seem to give life into these kind of performances . We seem to almost give the underdog enough belief to kick on against us. I think the reason for this is when the going gets tough we go hiding . And that raises their tails. This teams mentality has been questioned in the past.  I'm certain for the most part we haven't got what it takes to compete at this top table.  We are millions miles behind Mayo, Tyrone and Donegal and that's not even the top tier . Kerry and Dublin are playing a different sport to us.

We are completely inept. Our fouling today was mind boggling.  It was clear from the outset that this referee was going to dish out cards . And we put our hand up for every single one of them. I lost count of how many bookings we got, it was always going to be a struggle to keep 15 on the field when that happens.  

We couldn't break the tackle . We didnt even attempt to. We got to their 45 and most often went back or across or both before being turned over and hit on the counter.

Even when 1 point down in the 5th minute of 4 minutes of injury time we didn't take a chance.

I know it's only February . But the signs are not good. There is normally a bounce of some sort under a new set up . It's been very poor stuff so far.

Who'd be surprised to see us relegated ? I wouldn't. This group has been relegated before.  Went full campaigns without winning and lost to teams like Carlow in the past . Nothing new. Same old same old
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 7:46 pm

It's a reality check, the problem lies with the players. We have been an ordinary div 2 team for a long time under different managers. Occasionally we get a good run up to div 1 but are unable to survive there.
JOC has a great record of winning with Kerry players whose belief is that they are winners, it must be a shock to manage a group who have no such belief. It is significant that the best group of Kildare players that I have seen since 98-00 who had real belief and could actually tackle beat Jack's team on the way to winning our only AI in 50 years.
Jack asked for patience, personally I think another year in this division might not be a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 7:52 pm

Bad as all we were today we should got a result out of it. Game was lost on the line ,can anybody tell me why you take you're free taker off and Paul Cribben a man that can run .Fylnn would got us 1p out them missed chances .Adam Tyrell head, is not in the right place . I taught in the first half we moved the ball good, and got it into the right scoring zones. Second half for the first 10minutes we were ok, after that we lost our way .The facts are if we are to improve 3 things have to happens. Work rate has to go way up Our tackle is a joke, Our forwards need to learn how to make space for the runners comming up the middle ..The Magamenent have a lot of work to do.I won't want give about them the need time, if you don't see improvement by the start of the championship then you can have a go. But Lads 2p today and we were in the Driving seat in div 2 , we did not get 1, that's the disappointing part for me. Next week is a big Game now .
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 8:19 pm

Armagh & Kildare probably two most overhyped teams in the country. Normally wouldn’t have any optimism but they are as psychologically brittle & defensively suspect as us.

Home advantage probably gives them the edge but like us they always have one hand on self-destruct button.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 8:42 pm

When chips are down Kildare players hide
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 8:45 pm

They do - it’s one of their defining characteristics. Had real opportunity to take control of the division today, but yet again, at first sign of pressure they shit themselves.

Now have to avoid GAA coverage for next week because don’t won’t to hear people saying Kildare choked again - mainly because it’s the truth. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 8:51 pm

Hard to be surprised. This is the level we’ve been at for years, and with the team still heavily based on the 2013 u21s and other players who are 26+ this year, I don’t know why we’d expect that to change. They’re hot and cold, capable of beating Mayo or hammering Meath when they’re at their best, capable of losing to Carlow or shipping 20-point hidings at their worst. I’d actually have been in favour of taking a risk and chucking in a lot of lads aged 20-23 this year but for whatever reason this hasn’t happened (apart from Ryan and Robinson I suppose). That being the case, we can expect the same inconsistency we’ve had for years now.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:00 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Armagh & Kildare probably two most overhyped teams in the country. Normally wouldn’t have any optimism but they are as psychologically brittle & defensively suspect as us.

Home advantage probably gives them the edge but like us they always have one hand on self-destruct button.

You can bet your savings that Armagh will give us a trimming next week. Because if it's one thing McGeeney and Armagh know about us is that we're as yellow as am old Pitman Moore jersey .

Pains me to say it, but we really are a bunch of fannies . We got probably 10 yellows today and black and a red and not one , not fucking one Clare player knew they were in a game or felt intimidated by us. That's the real embarrassing part for me.

Above all else . Above all else . Show some desire and absolute aggression and will to win. If you're not good enough after that fair enough.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:03 pm

Armagh's forwards love running at ropey defences and creates some amount of chances against poor teams. Lose and it'll be a fight to be in the All Ireland this year. But give him time. It'll be 2021 then. (Sorry, am just fuming.)
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:07 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Armagh's forwards love running at ropey defences and creates some amount of chances against poor teams. Lose and it'll be a fight to be in the All Ireland this year. But give him time. It'll be 2021 then. (Sorry, am just fuming.)
won’t hold breath
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:10 pm

Who is responsible for the shocking lack of discipline,? I can't believe how many times I watched Kildare players dragging and brawling instead of focusing on the task, and like the match up in Enniskillen last year, we go back and forward along the 45 for ages before a lazy hand pass is won by a hungrier Clare player, beaten by a worse than mediocre team, again please, who is responsible for the shocking lack of discipline????
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:13 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:

You're fuming . You should have drove 2.5hrs and witnessed what I witnessed today . I was seething the whole way home . I'm not going next or near Armagh . I couldn't be fucking bothered . This bunch will turn me off the sport I love if I'm exposed to them too much.

To make it worse, next weekend is live on eir sport and the whole country will get to see how big a wet quilt we are .
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:21 pm

Joe Brolly going to have a field day.

Kildare win = an hour of “McGeeney is some chancer”

Armagh win = hour of “Kildare, everyone’s favorite overhyped non-entities strike again” with side order of “Jack O’Connor bankrupting the county”
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:28 pm

Meath are getting trimmings in division 1, imagine the carnage if this lot of invertebrates managed to find themselves there next year?, as Tommy said, any more performances like that and we could find ourselves outside of the party altogether....
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:35 pm

When you factor in the amount of players missing from various teams, this has to be the poorest Div 2 for many a long year - and we’re still struggling.

Hilariously, ourselves & Armagh fancy ourselves as Div 1 material. I think top teams would knock seven shades of shite out of a combined 15.

Like a lot of people here, I’m f*****g sick looking at our rabble, the same mistakes & the same shite over & over.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 9:51 pm

I never thought I'd say this but Laois must be laughing and fair play to them. Three points from arguably two hardest games in division, and us after all the talk two from arguably two easiest games.

Other than Westmeath perhaps, we've four harder games than we've limped through to come.

I'd genuinely be thinking staying up at this stage and not going up.

I'd have fancied achieving that for free.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 10:32 pm

Given closeness of division this year, county board launching fundraising drive during week for extra supply of Pampers for squad.

Likely to shit themselves even more than usual this campaign.

Maybe should just go for Pampers sponsorship?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Clare
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next