Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forward's for Sunday

Go down 
+13
Sam1928
gaaweb
jj
FearBan
Ogie
GaaHead
Lily8
walsheman
coffeybrendan
kickingking
browser
Jimmy winning matches
town man
17 posters
AuthorMessage
town man
Junior A
Junior A

Forward's for Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:47 am

We all know no.s 1-9 will be unchanged but what forward's will start ?

I'd like to see .......

Kavanagh Doyle Young Flat's

Smith O'Connor Callaghan

.....although I can't see 2 changes being made to starting forward's

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:51 am

roly and eoin
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:58 am

Do you mean you would like Leper to start corner forward and drop back to the hb line like he's been doing and have mayb older flats play on the wing or stay up in the corner?

Personally i think leper is much better off further out the field, making the runs, winning dirty ball,picking a few scores too.

But no I cant see Geezer making 2 switches either...i'd say roli will get the nod ahead of donnelly and flats being brought in to liven things up.

Is o'connor still not carrying that injury picked up against derry?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:07 am

Roli will start and I'd say it'll be a 50/50 call between Paudie and Eoghan Flats. I'd say Paudie will get the nod to start because Eoghan probably offers that bit more impact off the bench than Paudie would.

10. Kavanagh 11. O'Neill/O'Flaherty 12. Sweeney
13. Doyle 14. Smith 15. Callaghan

Leper and Roli will play out around midfield.

JD and O'Neill/O'Flaherty on the forty.

Smith and Jimmers inside.
Back to top Go down
coffeybrendan
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:12 am

Everyone has form maybe apart from JD and O'Neill at the moment though JD contributes far more than just what he does or doesn't do in terms of scoring - he is the leader of the pack unquestionably and sets the tone for everyone else - it's great to see the way his example has become the standard for everyone else, I noticed on the stats from Monaghan game he won more breaks than anyone else - 5 I think it total. That says it all about the man, horrendous day shooting-wise but it was still one of the most crucial players on the field of play. Leper and Bolton were also very prominent on the breaking ball - Leper's fetch just before half-time and subsequent run was a real joy to watch.
As for changes - maybe Eoghan Flats to start though he brings something different off the bench same as Roli did last Saturday - the change-up seems to work for Kildare now whereas maybe in the past we were only swapping like for like. I like the idea of having a different sort of player to come in now, we have a variety on the bench - Roli, O'Connor and Donnelly are ball winners, Roli and O'Connor options in the air and Donnelly great man to get a sensible score. Flats offers pace and inventiveness. I don't see O'Connor as an option for 70 minutes though.
How about: Kavanagh, JD, EO'Fla, Smith, O'Connor, Callaghan
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:34 am

10. Kavanagh 11. O'Neill/O'Flaherty 12. Sweeney
13. Doyle 14. Smith 15. Callaghan
is defo gonna be this,cant see o'connor coming on unless we are losing and need long balls in.....i think o'neill cud just be prefered to flats,even though id go with flats but im sure mcGeeney will give o'neill another chance
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:40 am

I'd go for Kavanagh, Eoghan OF, Sweeney, Doyle, Smith, Leper

Has Karl Ennis been injured lately? I would have thought he'd come on as a sub at some stage so far this Summer
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:48 am

After scoring 1-1, I would see Roli starting.... I think it has been proven that Eoghan is better coming on than starting... He is a right livewire to bring in when an opposition are struggling or tiring with 20 minutes to go. So Paudie to start...
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:57 am

i said it; it must be on another thread, hard to keep up - Paudie will defo start - he was only taken off because he was on a yellow and a tick. Tom O'Connor doesn't come into the equation. It's Roli or young Flats for Sid, and I reckon they'll go with Roly though I think Flats had more of an influence. But he's inexperienced and it remains to be seen if he'd go from the start. Of course he has to get the chance some day. And he's more used to the pace of the game now. But I like the idea of him coming on. Of course if he could do what he's been doing from the start...... who'd be a manager. In short, I don't know, but my gut says they'll go with Roly to start
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:06 am

Have to agree with most on here, I would go with Jimmers, O'Neill, Roli, JD, Smithy and Leper. I'm only leaving O'Flaherty off because I think he offers more when the game is broken up than anyone else. If I had to pick 6 forwards I had to stick with with no subs E O'F would be in instead of O'Neill on form alone.

I don't see O'Connor as being a genuine contender to start. I only see him being used if our system isn't working or if we need a goal.

I'm disappointed for Ennis, a good start to the year had him singled out as a real option in the forwards but his star seems to have faded!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 am

Would like to see Roli starting on bench and coming on like last Saturday. It was his best performance in a long time for Kildare and maybe that is the key to getting the best out of him at this stage.
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Is O'Connor not still injured? Would love to see him come on at a later stage as he has done well when brought on.

I think O'Neill still deserves his starting place because did think he was only brought off because of the yellow the last day.

Not sure about Roli, Sunday was his best performance.

Agree with most in that it's worked well bringing Eoghan on as a sub so whilst I think he deserves his starting place maybe don't mess with what's working and he's young enough to be happy being brought on.

Having said all that there has been much talk about our first 15 minutes and how we take a long time to get out of the blocks I wonder would a change in the starting line-up change things? Eoghan is obviously young and fit enough to start and go for the full 70 minutes. We have been more than making up for our bad starts but surely we're at the serious end of the campaign and we may not keep getting away with it.

Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Id just swap Roli for Donnelly. Flaherty will spring from the bench like last time.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:33 pm

That's the one Roli for Sid. No changes anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:51 pm

roli made a good impact coming off the bench the last day too plus he is an option if dermot pulls up so its a very hard call for kieran to make, i would prob start callaghan half back on reilly who doesn`t like to track back too much then start m. flats half forward doing the sweeper role as usual allowing bolton and callagahan to get forward then id have o`neill and sweeney with j.d. a little further up the field and jimmers and smith inside.

does anyone see sheridans height and strenght bein a problem for our backs? who would ye have marking him? i would give bolton the chance at first but if it wasn`t working out maybe david white would have the strenght for him
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:10 pm

centreback wrote:
roli made a good impact coming off the bench the last day too plus he is an option if dermot pulls up so its a very hard call for kieran to make, i would prob start callaghan half back on reilly who doesn`t like to track back too much then start m. flats half forward doing the sweeper role as usual allowing bolton and callagahan to get forward then id have o`neill and sweeney with j.d. a little further up the field and jimmers and smith inside.

does anyone see sheridans height and strenght bein a problem for our backs? who would ye have marking him? i would give bolton the chance at first but if it wasn`t working out maybe david white would have the strenght for him

I think the height and strength of the Meath forwards in general might be a problem for our backs. None of them are especially big men. Flan is a strong fecker but not the tallest, Hugh is tall but not that strong.

I think if it's an obvious problem that we're being outmuscled during the game there's the likes of David Lyons, Chalky and Whyte who are big lads that can come on.

On the flipside if big Joe, O'Rourke etc are not interested in chasing back Bolton and Hugh can do a lot of damage going forward.
Back to top Go down
Dara
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see the starting team the same as started the last day. That gives us options with subs that has being well tested if things aren't happening for for any of the other forwards. Wouldn't have the same confidence about bring on O'Neil or Sid as impact subs as good as they both can be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forward's for Sunday   Forward's for Sunday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forward's for Sunday
Page 1 of 1