Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RTE & The Sunday Game

Go down 
+9
wingback
Jimmy winning matches
Ohtoohtobe
Rex
Sam1928
koko39
Lily8
Horsebox
Stonecold
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

RTE & The Sunday Game Empty
PostSubject: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:16 am

I'm sick to my teeth with RTE and The Sunday Game. Were Kerry playing this weekend? No, yet Kerry got more air time than any comments about some of the qualifer matches. Shocking and I'm fecking annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!

P. Galvin and P Joyce in the team of the championship, what a joke!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Horsebox
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:21 am

open a can of whuppass stonecold...
yeah rewarding a guy for sticking fingers in mouths and getting suspended sends a great message for youngsters.
Liam mchale is so funny he hasnt got a clue, just laughing at him now.
Why do they have about 20 lads in studio they only talk 2 about 5/6 of them.
Hurrah JD got a mention
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:54 am

How did none of them pick Tyrone for the All-Ireland?

It was something else them pickin Joe Sheridan for the team of the year so far too after last weekend.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:03 am

This programme really annoyed me tonight. We hardly got a mention. It was all Cork , Kerry, Dublin! I was sure they'd talk about Kildare/Monaghan. Did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Bernard Flynn on saturday was very snidey in his comments about the bookies odds of 4/1 for Roscommon while Kevin McStay was a bit more pragmatic in his assessment of Roscommons chances.

Good odds now Bernard eh?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:45 pm

I too did a bit of fist shaking at the tv last night. They had just showed us give Derry a hammering and the first thing out of Cahill's mouth was the word Kerry unsurprisingly followed by Dublin and Cork was not long after that.

He then has a moan that Dublin will have played 3 games in 4 weeks. At this point the remote was reached for because he is nothing but a Dub cheerleader.

Only McConville made any Kildare reference in the whole show and that was about J.D.

Sham of a show and totallly biased. If I never hear the phrase "top three" again it will be to early
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Who was the wally that mentioned Limerick as number 4 in the country in the football??
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 pm

P. Galvin hasn't played 70 minutes of football yet this season, Galway only beat New York in the championship (major sympathy vote in my humble opinion) and all Joe Sheridan did was cheat. great team.

And yeah Des Cahill is a knobhead as well. Plus they had knobhead eile aka Graham Geraghty. Why don't they just name it the Kerry, Cork, Tyrone & Dublin Sunday Game!

But Bernard Flynn takes the biscuit, according to him we were the 2nd best team in Newbridge against Antrim, Daryl Flynn needs to step it up at mid-field to help Dermot because he is just not doing it. In my humble opinion Daryl Flynn has been the player of our championship so far.

Some fans had a flag at some Ulster matches last year that had F*ck U and a picture of an umbrella hmm wonder if we could do similar?? But not against Joe
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:11 pm

The wally is Tony Leen, sports editor of the Examiner. Makes the mind boggle, picking a team that was in Div 4 as fourth best.
If we beat Monaghan then we could end up ranked fourth best ourselves.

Also Stonecold, Joyce in team of the championship is fair enough, he's been incredible.

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:21 pm

the team that was pick was
p mc connell tyrone
c. harrison sligo
justin. mc mahon tyrone
joe .mc mahon tyrone
t. o se kerry
m . shields cork
p . jordan tyrone
j. galvin limerick
p. keean louth
p galvin kerry
p. joyce galway
j. sheridan kerry
c.cooper kerry
b.brogan dublin
d .kelly sligo
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 pm

It's all nonsense anyway, The All star team is a only picked from quarter finals onwards, however I think Louth will get a sympathy one this year. Probably Keenan or Rooney.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Ok not gonna harp on it but Galway player 3 matches, we can't honestly consider New York. The 1st game against Sligo Joyce did very little, I didn't see the replay but I heard he played well. So on the basis of 1 game he gets on the team, as I said sympathy vote because I'd say this was his last year.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Guys,
why you getting hot under the collar about this? The more Kidlare stay beneath the radar the better, we are suited to the underdog role better than we are the favourites, the less publicity the better at the minute, we still haven't won anything
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:27 pm

i think fellas are reading far too into this team selection. its not the all-stars, it is a worthless group of players thrown together probably during the ad breaks to fill a few mins on TSG. what matters is who gets what in september and november or whenever the all stars are handed out.

we had 3 nominations last year....anybody care to guess who/how many nominations we will get this year??
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:28 pm

All-stars are rubbish too
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:30 pm

In the knock-outs you cannot fly under the radar.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Keenan should get one I'd be thinking, and it wouldn't be a sympathy vote. I would imagine Shane Lennon is pushing hard too.

By the way, anyone see the interviews with Lennon before the Leinster final. They were talking about his busted thumb and he made reference to Chalky when they went to shake hands, Chalky grabbed him with the two hands and squeezed as hard as he could - fair enough really. The problem was, as he said himself, he'd a point on the board after 70 seconds, he smiled at him after getting his second and finished with four.

Not making any point really, just thought it was interesting. I wouldn't have any problem with what Chalky did, although I wouldn't have done it but I'm no Chalky and anyway, I was no defender either. It's just worth remembering though when someone feels like whinging about a back practising his dark arts on JD, Smithy or whoever.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:03 am

wingback wrote:
Guys,
why you getting hot under the collar about this? The more Kidlare stay beneath the radar the better, we are suited to the underdog role better than we are the favourites, the less publicity the better at the minute, we still haven't won anything

My thoughts exactly wingback.

Kildare are far better off hovering under the radar. Our qualifiers so far have got little TV & national newspaper coverage which I'm sure suits us grand. No point in having the talking heads like Flynn and McStay waxing lyrical about Kildare's revival and improvement and building us up for a fall. If we beat Monaghan next weekend I'm sure there'll be people saying it was only because Monaghan were running on empty after the Ulster Final defeat.

We might be the Shortgrass county but we're still waiting in the long grass at the moment and I'm hopeful there's a potential ambush of one of the bigger teams in this Kildare side before the summer is out.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:29 am

No big swing SC but Joyce was savage against Wexford as well
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:46 am

Ogie wrote:
he made reference to Chalky when they went to shake hands, Chalky grabbed him with the two hands and squeezed as hard as he could

It was that kind of carry on that nearly landed Chalky a broken jaw own in aAthy a few years back. Only then the whole county was up in arms about what a disgrace it was. If you wanna live by that sword, you gotta be prepared to die by it.
There is football in Chalky, Im not sure yet how much there is. I wont buy into the whole fantasy that he's a cert to play for Kildare for years to come. Not until he shows something.......somewhere.
My guess is that he trys to hard to be the hard man and his game suffers. All this points to why he's not even been in the 5 subs used on Saturday.
If he was anywhere in the plans he wouldnt have been allowed play against Moorefield for his club yesterday either!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RTE & The Sunday Game   RTE & The Sunday Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RTE & The Sunday Game
Page 1 of 1