Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland 2023

Go down 
+85
rgb
The rising sun
Lanemusic
Dermot Hennessy
bite the pillow
StCocas-abu
intheback
donnellyshollow
Big Full Back
ClaneLillywhite
micky murphy
totalgaa
OutSideOfTheBoot
gunnerman
Blue for you
Botch
Kildare999
Cilldara_2000
newornowhere
Anyonebutthedubs
1993KildareFan
Honthelillies
Kildare98
learmus
Southern Gael
Admin
lobitin
Onechance
seniorhurling
Cassanata
BanjoBarneyFromDonnycarny
srg hartman
LillieLad
Nuxerfromthe50
smokey
Phelo
Ontheterrace
Bigfullforward
cuttothebone
shunta15
lilliesabu
bigball
wingback
BearintheSquare
Lilywhite forever
The flour bags
Liffey Likes
topcat
MD
jimmers
if_in_doubt
lily4fr
really_unofficial_kildare
lily92
shoutitout
TheBigDog#
Taibi
Flamingo
moatesports
Badger85
FlourBag_1
cilldara_abu
MickosMen
KILL BILL
Highball
Gaa1928
steviegenius
Rex
Borderline
TheGreatof1928
Twentyeight
Onhisboot
NorthernLily89
Kildare-Tom
Clubman
murof
SplitThePosts
Shergar
John_R
lilysavage
Thelillywhites
FionnMcCool
kildareking
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 2:02 pm

Totally sickened by that last night. I won't go on about the ref because he doesn't deserve any time wasted apart from saying he shouldn't be near an Intercounty game again. A buffoon with a whistle.

As for ourselves they gave it everything which is all anyone ever asks. Just a few mistakes at the wrong time and a little lack of composure.

Case in point. The last kickout, into injury time, game level. You must secure the ball. Yet no runs were made for Donnellan and he kicked it long which is 50/50 at best.  We lost it, they ran the clock down to get a shot off. That to me is poor game management and is the difference between winners and losers. Dublin, Kerry, Derry or any other contender gets that ball from the kickout

I think our fitness level is below the best, once 55 minutes were passed you could see a drop off and lads struggling which contributed to mistakes. Once your fitness goes the mind follows.

In saying that we were well able to compete with two Div one teams in consecutive weeks which should be the level next year. No excuses.

All in all a mediocre year.  Do I want Glenn to stay for his third, not sure. Even yesterday there was little in the way of a playing style. Yes we defended a broke but when you watch Monaghan they do the exact same thing time after time after time. Particularly their attack pattern. It was the same thing all day. We seemed to be winging it and waiting for individuals to do something.

I suspect he'll see out his three years, but he has to get a tactical coach in and an improvement in S&C.

The County board should be stumping up for a full time set up there to work across all grades.

So ends 2023 for the County teams, a few won't be back but new blood should be injected. Some very good, some ok and some way off it performances. As it ever was.

KILL BILL and Liffey Likes like this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 2:11 pm

It's June 25th and the season is finished for all but 8 teams.

Not sure what the solution is, but not showcasing the top tier of our national games for 5/6 months of the year surely isn't right, is it?

KILL BILL, lilywhites on tour and Twentyeight like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 2:12 pm

I disagree look at the last two years on the overall scheme of things. Look back at this forum this year alone. The last two games might have people a little bit blinded. Its their second year in charge should be where you really see a team with new management settled in and kick on but in fact it was a disaster, a game away from been in the Tailteann cup.

Lads saying they deserve another year? I know they are the Glenn fans.

Last year relegated from divsion 1 a game from relegation to divison 3.
Yes the last two games where good in terms of effort from the players but
A new voice is needed lets be honest if the management are kept. In year 3 it'l be another disaster and we will all be sitting here saying the same thing this time next year and another year will be wasted.
Think back to the league games the inconsistency the lack of game plan the lack of fluidity.
We need new management the players know it. It pains me to say it as they are legends but in the cold light of day. They are out of their depth.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 2:50 pm

Rex wrote:
Even yesterday there was little in the way of a playing style. Yes we defended a broke but when you watch Monaghan they do the exact same thing time after time after time. Particularly their attack pattern. It was the same thing all day. We seemed to be winging it and waiting for individuals to do something.
I don’t fully agree with this. Our style is to try and kick the ball quickly into the forwards. When this works (as for a lot of scores in the first half) our forwards get the ball in space and are able to kick scores. In contrast, Monaghan didn’t kick any risky ball into their forwards, everything went through the hands.

I do agree that Monaghan’s running game was a lot more sophisticated that ours. They always had 2 or 3 players on the sideline cutting in at different angles and it caused us problems, particularly at the start of the match. When we had to go over and back, we did look a bit as we were making it up as we went along.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 3:32 pm

The whole year we never had a gameplan or self belief. The confidence was on the floor. There was no good feel factor around Kildare no buying in from everyone. It was all stale or bewilderedness. I think the players need to come together now and decide do they need a new voice.
We need a manager where the lads would run through hot coal for them ala McGeeney. Under Ryan you just don't get that sense of buy in from the players.
New voice, where all stakeholders supporters players all rowing in behind. Create a buzz around Kildare. We all seen there yesterday the Kildare support is an uptapped resource.
Over the last two years we have had nothing of note to shout about except the Dublin game in Conleths. Two years is enough to know what you are going to get under a management team.
I honestly don't believe the last 2 games justifies another year of the same. New voice, new ideas, change it up.

Last edited by Thelillywhites on Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 3:41 pm

Yeah, I agree new management is needed.
Back to top Go down
Ontheterrace
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: So how many managers will itvtake create this sense of pulling together. We've had had three where the players don't or didn't seem to find them to their liking !    All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 3:49 pm

Thelillywhites wrote:
The whole year we never had a gameplan or self belief. The confidence was on the floor. There was no good feel factor around Kildare no buying in from everyone. It was all stale or bewilderedness. I think the players need to come together now and decide do they need a new voice.
We need a manager where the lads would run through hot coal for them ala McGeeney. Under Ryan you just don't get that sense of buy in from the players.
New voice, where all stakeholders supporters players all rowing in behind. Create a buzz around Kildare. We all seen there yesterday the Kildare support is an uptapped resource.
Over the last two years we have had nothing of note to shout about except the Dublin game in Conleths. Two years is enough to know what you are going to get under a management team.
I honestly don't believe the last 2 games justifies another year of the same. New voice, new ideas, change it up.

So how many managers will it take to get this buy in from players ? It's always a manager's fault in Kildare .. . Always something wrong with their attitude/plan/lack of plan.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 4:04 pm

Ontheterrace wrote:
Thelillywhites wrote:

So how many managers will it take to get this buy in from players ? It's always a manager's fault in Kildare .. . Always something wrong with their attitude/plan/lack of plan.

Well said. If a bunch of footballers who have won SFA at senior intercounty level don't want to listen to someone of Glenn's calibre then we might as well forgot about it.

Interesting to note there hasn't been a peep about Davy Burke on this forum over the last few weeks. He was the second coming of god not long ago according to many on this forum. Limped out yesterday. Nothing to see there.

Kildare fans are so fickle.

moatesports likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 4:09 pm

He limped out at the same stage as Kildare. Narrow loss by 1 point. Both teams not in the draw in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 4:13 pm

Ontheterrace wrote:
Thelillywhites wrote:

If we keep this management team after the year we had. It'l be more of the same next year.
Another year will be wasted, another year of a
the majority wishing the management would step down in February and we will be stuck just like this February.
Only codding ourselves with nostalgia to think otherwise.
This is a result based game and we haven't done anything of note in 2 years. Monaghan will be gone next week Kildare struggled all year.
In fact the results this year were diabolical. If Davy Burke would be interested at all I would most cetainly have him. Tbh anyone except this management we all know what we have got will get with them. I think the players know that too and will hopefully have the leaders required to voice it.
A new voice, new tactical know how, new ideas, new set of eyes freshen up the whole thing is what is desperately needed.

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 4:20 pm

Thelillywhites wrote:
He limped out at the same stage as Kildare. Narrow loss by 1 point. Both teams not in the draw in the morning.

And yet many want him to replace Glenn?

Odd.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 4:33 pm

Taibi wrote:
Thelillywhites wrote:

Odd.

Thats the point MANY WANT TO REPLACE RYAN
if we all believed in what he was doing and Kildare were doing well. There would be no talk of replacing him. The fact is he needs to be replaced be it with Davy or whoever. We all know now what we have got 2 years is long enough.
The dream team hasn't worked thats fine. The county board finally gave Glenn Ryan the opportunity to be Kildare manager and it just didn't work out thats fine. But we need to move on from it now and freshen up the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 5:11 pm

I don’t think Glenn has probably done enough to warrant a third year but I also don’t think they will get rid of him.

Personally, I would give it to Brian Flanagan if the opportunity arose. He has done fantastically with the U20’s and if you want all these boys to come through, there is no better man to do it.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 5:11 pm

Thelillywhites wrote:
Taibi wrote:
Thelillywhites wrote:

Odd.

Thats the point MANY WANT TO REPLACE RYAN
if we all believed in what he was doing and Kildare were doing well. There would be no talk of replacing him. The fact is he needs to be replaced be it with Davy or whoever. We all know now what we have got 2 years is long enough.
The dream team hasn't worked thats fine. The county board finally gave Glenn Ryan the opportunity to be Kildare manager and it just didn't work out thats fine. But we need to move on from it now and freshen up the whole thing.

We've been "freshening it up" for 15 years now with the same outcome.

Who we replacing him with? A manager in charge of a Division 1 team who lost to two middle of the road Division 2 teams two weeks in a row? Doesn't sound inspiring.

Who are you suggesting? Easy to call for someone's head but back it up. Who's out there that's better and available?
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 5:21 pm

Davy Burke (if he could be enticed to return to home county)
Brian Flanagan
Padraig Cribbon (Naas)
Malachy O' Rourke

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 5:30 pm

This feels like a wasted year. From unlucky to be relegated from Div 1 to lucky to survive in Div 2 shows a marked regression in form. It's a poor reflection on the management's performance that we seemed so rudderless for so much of the season with seemingly no style of play.
Time for management and many players to move on I think and try to integrate as many of the U20 side of the last 2 years. Who is the best manager to achieve this? On the assumption that Burke will not be available could Flanagan be persuaded to have a go? It would be a brave move from the CB, but I fear they will opt for no change.

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com/t1820-all-ireland-2023

Thelillywhites likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland 2023
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40