Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Never been Prouder

Go down 
+16
shoutitout
Sam1928
Could'nt Trap Cement
Lily8
jnrwhite
gremlin
Come on the Boys in Blue
lilywhiteforlife
naasmill
kildarecat
bob12
Highball
SamMaguire
Rex
lilypremier
gaaweb
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:34 am

Well done to all the lads they kept the heads up when Earley came off and showed their class.

Roaring at the radio at the moment wish i could have been but will be there with bells on next day Very Happy

Well lads hear ye all have your tops off lol!
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:35 am

Absolutley the best performance ive seen in many a year in a kildare shirt!
What a win!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:21 am

Was privileged to be at that game today, the fighting spirit and the will to win was extraordinary.

It will only take Sam coming home to top that. Unbelievable
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 am

Jaysus the atmosphere at the game was fantastic- today is the first day in a long time that we really chanted our songs! There was fantastic kildare support!
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:56 am

Don't stop believing. Geezer's white army..... bounce bounce bounce cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Yeeeesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! You cant put into the words the feelings of today. What an amazing victory, another bad start for us but cant say that i was panicing when we were 6 points in arrears. I think like the players, we supporters are starting to believe. Fantastic performance all round. I have been in Sydney watching the games but you could feel the atmosphere from croker yesterday was electric. The scenes on tv were just the best. There were almost tears, but im gonna have to hold back on that until the final (fingers crossed)... We have absolutely nothing to fear, nothing to lose.

This team is ready.

On a side note, I have a bet on the go, Chelsea to win the league, spain for the world cup and kildare for sam treble... If they reach the final, im booking the flights home..

Cill Dara Abu. Brilliant lads, well done to all!!!
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:59 pm

lilypremier wrote:
Jaysus the atmosphere at the game was fantastic- today is the first day in a long time that we really chanted our songs! There was fantastic kildare support!

Was coming home from Monaghan match and a gang from Leixlip were singing a great song never heard it sung before you might know it or them they were mad it goes like this

There's only 1 team inm Leinster
that wear the all white gear
walking along sining a song
walking in a lillie wonderland

- classic it was to the tune of winter wonderland catchy might be good for the semi on the hill along with the mnaked lillies saw them on the big screen today magic
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Kildarecat is phisshed, I actually had a tear in my eye today,

Call me at 12.30 for the cure guys!
Back to top Go down
naasmill
Junior C
Junior C

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:21 pm

Was working at the golf and getting texts with the scores and believe you its very hard to stay quiet.Got home at 1am and watched the match and a game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:48 am

gaaweb wrote:

Well lads hear ye all have your tops off

I sight I could have done without affraid

Razz
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:11 am

bob12 wrote:
lilypremier wrote:

Was coming home from Monaghan match and a gang from Leixlip were singing a great song never heard it sung before you might know it or them they were mad it goes like this

- classic it was to the tune of winter wonderland catchy might be good for the semi on the hill along with the mnaked lillies saw them on the big screen today magic

Two actual tongue Wink lets hope for a first leinster all ireland , best of luck vs Down impressive , but i was more impreesed withe the lillies yesterday , i can see you getting there for sure , as for us (dubs) hard road in front against the favorites Cork , not counting our chickens before they hatch Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:36 am

lilywhiteforlife wrote:
gaaweb wrote:

Well lads hear ye all have your tops off

I sight I could have done without affraid

Razz

Yeah just watched the game now and it sounded a lot better on the radio than it did on tv. Here's hoping the sun shines the next day lol!

Last edited by gaaweb on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:40 am

bob12 yes i heard it too. The lads as far as I know, came up with that song recently. I agree, it is a great one for the hill!
On another note the celebrations in leixlip last night were brilliant- in a local pub, we sang the Curragh of Kildare and chanted!
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:09 am

Never been Prouder Notops16
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:26 am

Yes was so proud of them all yesterday. Came out of Croker with tear in my eye and my heart ready to burst through my chest and the legs gone to jelly. Will have to sit on myself for the next few weeks to stop getting ahead of myself.
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:46 am

bob12 wrote:

Kevins and Clane boys were singing a version of this for the last few years in Big Tree before every game
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:01 am

lets get it going so hope you can make it back from canada jnrwhite fopr the semi's sorry i made listen to U2 Magnificent - but it was made for this team LOL

LILLIE WONDERLAND IS A GOOD ''OTHER SONG'' TO HAVE poor Meath fans had to sign a dubs song yesterday ''boys in gree'' - how original
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:31 am

jnrwhite wrote:
bob12 wrote:

Kevins and Clane boys were singing a version of this for the last few years in Big Tree before every game

Not to sure about that song to be honest.

Maybe something like this to the tune of Volare

OOOOOOh Johnny Whoooooa
OOOOOOh Johnny Whoooooa
no matter what you score
we know they'll be one more
OOOOOOh Johnny Whoooooa
OOOOOOh Johnny Whoooooa
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:17 am

I like it JME maybe we should have a song thread section so we can spread the word around the county it would be great against Down to have 25-30 k lillies singing together would be just powerful to hear that song or Oh to be or lillie wonderland we need our own signature song that everyone could sing instead of the old ''KILDARE CLAP CLAP CLAP'' cant wait for 29th of August

PS get evryone you know to go in white lets bring back the spirit of 98 we were like the dutch fans but in white it is awesome

comon KILDARE
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:26 am

When Johnny goes marching down the wing
He scores, he scores
He scores, he scores
The lily whites are gonna sing
We all know that Johnny is gonna score
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:12 am

Such an amazing day!! Brilliant atmosphere especially standing in the lashin rain for the last few minutes when the ref blew the final whistle then everyone jumpin around the place! Never felt anything like it. Some celebrations in Naas last night too.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:15 am

Such an amazing day!! Brilliant atmosphere especially standing in the lashin rain for the last few minutes when the ref blew the final whistle then everyone jumpin around the place! Never felt anything like it. Some celebrations in Naas last night too.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm

jnrwhite wrote:
He scores, he scores
He scores, he scores

United sing that for o'shea

Few bars of We all dream of john doyles's is in order

Nothing can ever be as bad as the laois , 'laois.laois,laois' chant
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:20 pm

jnrwhite wrote:
He scores, he scores
He scores, he scores

Love that one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Heard this on the hill :

"There's only one Ciaran McGeeney,
One Ciaran McGeeney,
We used to be shite, now we're alright,
Walking in a lilywhite wonderland"

but the best on sunday was at the Meath fans leaving :

"We wont give ye a replay, we wont give ye a replay, Na Na Na Na"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Never been Prouder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never been Prouder   Never been Prouder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down