Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2024 Allianz League

Go down 
+80
Kildare127
Borderline
micky murphy
Boggerlad
White Bridge
Sleeptight
kildaregaa365
Admin
Columbo
kelf
Sam1928
centreback
srg hartman
Taibi
Snowwhite
Cassanata
ChasingSam
Nuxerfromthe50
Southern Gael
DannyBoy
SplitThePosts
Clubman
Highball
murof
bite the pillow
ontheline2024
ClaneLillywhite
Lily899
Leead64
Cilldara_2000
MD
if_in_doubt
Twentyeight
Onhisboot
totalgaa
Gaa1928
FlourBag_1
lomond
Liffey Likes
Kildare999
Thelillywhites
CillDara 2024
jimmers
Ontheterrace
Macckers1928
Flamingo
TommyKeegan
Football101
Kildare98
TheGreatof1928
TheBigDog#
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Earl_Kid
Kildarelilly
FionnMcCool
newornowhere
OutTheGap
MickosMen
lilysavage
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
TheSquire28
Ohtoohtobe
BearintheSquare
shunta15
Botch
gunnerman
Badger85
Rex
TheManInTheStands
rgb
NorthernLily89
Lilywhite forever
Wrecktheshop
LillieLad
lily92
Kildare-Tom
moatesports
Onechance
84 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Onechance
Senior
Senior

2024 Allianz League Empty
PostSubject: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 3:17 am

Anything to be said for another Mass?
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 3:22 am

On a different point, huge congrats to eoin Doyle on his 100 appearance in a white Jersey, He still is one of a few with a physical presence
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 3:26 am

moatesports wrote:
On a different point, huge congrats to eoin Doyle on his 100 appearance in a white Jersey, He still is one of a few with a physical presence

Was he playing yesterday?

lilysavage and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 3:30 am

TheGreatof1928 wrote:
@Lilywhite forever -  Let's not revert to name calling as a defense. I'd like to think you are better than that. These are heated times for passionate supporters. I'll post it again for you, as I posted last week. Do not tell me I don't understand the problem. Our culture is awful and that comes from the top. Everything comes from the top.

TheGreatof1928 wrote:
The culture is toxic within the GAA in the county. There is an unearned arrogance, an air of the right to dine at the top table in Divisions 1 & 2 and compete with the best. No one has that right. The beliefs, values and attitudes to build a good culture are not there. It takes work to get there. Rolling up the sleeves, all of us pulling together. County Board, Management, Players and Supporters. All levels, all grades across the board. To do that we need to know what the vision and goals are for the county so we can all work towards it.

County boards should be ran like a structured business. There should be a strategic approach, there should be fundraising and there should be regular performance reviews. There should be mechanisms to challenge the status quo if they are not up to the job. There should be an organizational structure, a hierarchy e.g Finance, Fundraising lead, PR & Communications, Coaching, Player Welfare, Facilities Development, Supporter liaison. All functions with with clear objectives and milestones to meet and question that feed into a 1/3/5/10 year plan. Review and adjust regularly. All working with each other, aligning their goals for the benefit of moving Gaelic games in the right direction in the county.

There should be proper governance and a chain of command with regular reviews or else we have something like the crap at RTE for example and charities in the country. A few bob here and there, a few perks "ah sure what harm is it"

It sums it all how much we are in disarray that the best communicator of Gaelic Games and creating hype around them is Really Unofficial. That man does an unreal job and should be hired to lead the PR & Communications. In a similar vain we have not got an iota how to fundraise. It is laughable. There has never been as much wealth in the county and the best we can come up with is sponsored walks. These guys should be tapping up chamber of commerce meetings and other events and making connections. We have a host of MNCs and it is just not happening.

Kildare is a great failure for the times. It is a shame but I suspect that Davy Burke was in all likelihood thinking this way re the CB and maybe the demands were not palatable to the CB. That man is Kildare through and through and so is Brian Flanagan. Both of them would demand resources and significant investment. One of them should be given the chance.

Albeit the CB are not up to taking the steps to change the culture so I think we are in for a continued very barren spell. They want the status quo. A new stadium will be a very temporary patch to gloss issues on the field. There will be initial fanfare and ribbon cutting and back slapping whilst Kildare GAA continues to languish without the change needed

Mick Gorman's comments about Glen and his management team were very unprofessional. Shocking in fact for a man in his role. It displays a complete lack of awareness. He took what he thought was the easier route trying to appease all sides. He should have thanked them for their time and shown them the door.

There is an All Ireland in this county. It just needs the right leadership to direct it. It will not be quick but it can happen!

**Jaysus was only supposed to be a short message and turned into a bit of a rambling Very Happy

spot on with that post.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 3:33 am

When we press up on the kick-outs it seems like our players don't have the fitness to keep tabs on their marker, they look fucked after 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 3:35 am

LillieLad wrote:
When we press up on the kick-outs it seems like our players don't have the fitness to keep tabs on their marker, they look fucked after 15 minutes.

This was the same against Cavan in the first game, make's you wonder what fitness work was done at all over the winter!
In all honesty, where do they go from here? Just play out the year and hope for the best, which is a waste of a year but looking like that's how it's going to go unfortunately!

LillieLad likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecktheshop
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 4:00 am

Hi Lads,

I would never post on these forums in general but do go to Kildare matches and try and support where i can.

I went to see Kildare play Carlow in the O'Byrne Cup a few weeks ago, mainly to bring the kids out and just see a game of football early in the year.
Maybe 3/4 way through the game i saw a senior player, who had been playing, getting substituted. Literally 2 mins later the same player is on his mobile having a chat to god knows who down below me, totally in view of all supporters, players and management to see. This goes on for 10 mins.
Some of the background team were sitting right behind me and had to have seen this. I felt like saying it to them to point out just how bad this looked.

It's no surprise to me sadly. Standards have been in steady decline for years in Kildare football.

lilywhites on tour and Lilywhite forever like this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 4:16 am

"ah sure it's only the league"
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 4:41 am

Wrecktheshop wrote:
Hi Lads,

I would never post on these forums in general but do go to Kildare matches and try and support where i can.

I went to see Kildare play Carlow in the O'Byrne Cup a few weeks ago, mainly to bring the kids out and just see a game of football early in the year.
Maybe 3/4 way through the game i saw a senior player, who had been playing, getting substituted. Literally 2 mins later the same player is on his mobile having a chat to god knows who down below me, totally in view of all supporters, players and management to see. This goes on for 10 mins.
Some of the background team were sitting right behind me and had to have seen this. I felt like saying it to them to point out just how bad this looked.

It's no surprise to me sadly. Standards have been in steady decline for years in Kildare football.    
yep that pretty much sums it up. I've no problem either with players having a few drinks from time to time. After all they're only young men who has to have a balance in life and unwind.

But the stories I've heard of certain players bing drinking and chain smoking particularly off season is shocking stuff. I hope to good there isn't a drinking culture setting in.

If all this is true and there's a bad attitude from players then this is another serious issue that needs addressing ASAP.

Kildare football today is in a seriously bad way and need open heart surgery to fix the problem. This starts with the county board who have failed supporters and players for as long as moses wore short pants. It's a rotten set up.
Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 5:53 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Hands up who wants Davy? The fella eho is currently sitting rock bottom of Division 1 with Roscommon. They can keep him. This mess is bigger than a manager. And hyping up an overrated manager isn't the answer.

You're some clown having a go at Davy, the man who had to put his own hand in his own pocket after many refusals of this failed county board, at the age of 29 to win Kildare their first all Ireland in many decades. He had a player from Ardclough no disrespect to Ardclough as its more of an hurling club, as one of his main players. Ask any of his players, theyd run through a wall for him, he wouldnt go near this shit show with current county board in charge. These are not the best 30 players in Kildare, and if they are we're f'ckd. Rip it all up. Burke knows more about kildare players than Glen does and that is a fact, just cause Glen was a good player still a very bad manager as proven with his own club Towers.

MD, lilywhites on tour, LillieLad and Badger85 like this post

Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 6:08 am

Its the likes of Taibi and LilywhiteForever holding Kildare back, thick south Kildare lads. Ill never forget getting of the train in Hazelhatch  after the gut-wrenching leinster final dublin loss in the early 2010s and being shouted just when the train pulled off. 'Enjoy the win ya Jackeen bastards". Couldnt do it when we were on the carriage, cowards. The same thickos running our county. Majority of the south Kildare lads are sound but its these ejits, prob the same mentality running the whole thing now, clowns. Backwards.

lilywhites on tour, Earl_Kid and newornowhere like this post

Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 6:21 am

And now we move on to the liars.....

Cilldara_2000 and MD like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 6:29 am

NorthernLily89 wrote:
Its the likes of Taibi and LilywhiteForever holding Kildare back, thick south Kildare lads. Ill never forget getting of the train in Hazelhatch  after the gut-wrenching leinster final dublin loss in the early 2010s and being shouted just when the train pulled off. 'Enjoy the win ya Jackeen bastards". Couldnt do it when we were on the carriage, cowards. The same thickos running our county. Majority of the south Kildare lads are sound but its these ejits, prob the same mentality running the whole thing now, clowns. Backwards.
No my friend I'm afraid it's you that's holding Kildare back if you think changing a manager is the solution.

I never said that Davy Burke was a bad manager. He's not. But overrated for the simple reason that people in Kildare and on this forum seem to see him to be some sort of saviour. That would win national silverware because of his AI success in 2018.

Have you no respect for Glenn? A man who has given his all to this county as player and as a manager. Even if it hasn't worked out the way we wanted.
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 6:43 am

I’m sick of reading have you no respect for Glenn. Past glories don’t disguise the fact that he and his back room team are tactically inept at this level, unable to get the best players in the county onto the field and producing the goods. His methods are outdated , he’s past his sell by date. Ffs towers players were glad to see him gone. The day of the inspirational speeches are gone, they don’t work when the tactics aren’t there, when the training doesn’t match the task at hand. Glenn always and will be respected by anyone born pre 2000, even those too young to remember will have grown up listening to the story of the good times. But they’re long gone and they will not now or ever translate into results for him as a manager. The team, the management and the CB needs a good clean out, to reinvigorate county so that in 3 or 4 years time we can come back up the divisions and be competitive. The time for standing by your buddies and trying to defend them from criticism they deserve is gone. Wake up. He was astounded Tommy Had the neck to call him out, you could hear it in his voice when he responded with “sorry Tommy” . He’s only tarnishing the reputation that some of you on here are so childishly trying to maintain.

Last edited by TheManInTheStands on Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total

LillieLad, Onechance and Shooter 1 like this post

Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 6:45 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:
No my friend I'm afraid it's you that's holding Kildare back if you think changing a manager is the solution.

I never said that Davy Burke was a bad manager. He's not. But overrated for the simple reason that people in Kildare and on this forum seem to see him to be some sort of saviour. That would win national silverware because of his AI success in 2018.

Have you no respect for Glenn? A man who has given his all to this county as player and as a manager. Even if it hasn't worked out the way we wanted.

Respect for Glenn as a player thats it, manager and personality absolutely none. Where did I say changing manager was a solution? I said the whole thing needs to be ripped up. You're the one mouthing off one of our only winning all ireland managers still around. Coward like the county board first to celebrate when we win. Whens the next county board meeting, make sure youve your timer on?

LillieLad likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 6:58 am

Sad state the way things have become when lads are at each other's throats. The County football is toxic at the moment.

It's also a pressure cooker situation, the worse things get the more the pressure builds. Everything has is failure point. We'll see what ours is soon.

Cilldara_2000, KILL BILL, Lilywhite forever and NorthernLily89 like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:08 am

Look we’re stuck with this situation until the end of the championship.

He won’t walk away, the players won’t speak out and the CB hiding.

Everyone is just annoying themselves getting worked up. The patient is already dead. Let’s just get through this until June and start over again.

There’s plenty of other Kildare teams worth our attention. The underage teams, the ladies and the hurlers.

This lot don’t deserve our time.

OutTheGap likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:15 am

TheManInTheStands wrote:
I’m sick of reading have you no respect for Glenn. Past glories don’t disguise the fact that he and his back room team are tactically inept at this level, unable to get the best players in the county onto the field and producing the goods. His methods are outdated , he’s past his sell by date. Ffs towers players were glad to see him gone. The day of the inspirational speeches are gone, they don’t work when the tactics aren’t there, when the training doesn’t match the task at hand. Glenn always and will be respected by anyone born pre 2000, even those too young to remember will have grown up listening to the story of the good times. But they’re long gone and they will not now or ever translate into results for him as a manager. The team, the management and the CB needs a good clean out, to reinvigorate county so that in 3 or 4 years time we can come back up the divisions and be competitive. The time for standing by your buddies and trying to defend them from criticism they deserve is gone. Wake up. He was astounded Tommy Had the neck to call him out, you could hear it in his voice when he responded with “sorry Tommy” . He’s only tarnishing the reputation that some of you on here are so childishly trying to maintain.
Aaah no don't be sick of it. Be pleased that we have a legend in our midst🙌🙌I love youI love you☺☺
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:18 am

NorthernLily89 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:

Respect for Glenn as a player thats it, manager and personality absolutely none. Where did I say changing manager was a solution? I said the whole thing needs to be ripped up. You're the one mouthing off  one of our only winning all ireland managers still around. Coward like the county board first to celebrate when we win. Whens the next county board meeting, make sure youve your timer on?
What you've said there is what I've been saying ffs🙄 Now piss off if you're going to get upset because i questioned Davy's ability to make them contenders not pretenders.
Back to top Go down
gunnerman
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:22 am

NorthernLily89 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
Hands up who wants Davy? The fella eho is currently sitting rock bottom of Division 1 with Roscommon. They can keep him. This mess is bigger than a manager. And hyping up an overrated manager isn't the answer.

You're some clown having a go at Davy, the man who had to put his own hand in his own pocket after many refusals of this failed county board, at the age of 29 to win Kildare their first all Ireland in many decades. He had a player from Ardclough no disrespect to Ardclough as it’s more of an hurling club, as one of his main players. Ask any of his players, theyd run through a wall for him, he wouldnt go near this shit show with current county board in charge. These are not the best 30 players in Kildare, and if they are we're f'ckd. Rip it all up. Burke knows more about kildare players than Glen does and that is a fact, just cause Glen was a good player still a very bad manager as proven with his own club Towers.
what players are missing from your top 30 and who would you remove from the panel … name names?
Back to top Go down
gunnerman
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:22 am

NorthernLily89 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

You're some clown having a go at Davy, the man who had to put his own hand in his own pocket after many refusals of this failed county board, at the age of 29 to win Kildare their first all Ireland in many decades. He had a player from Ardclough no disrespect to Ardclough as it’s more of an hurling club, as one of his main players. Ask any of his players, theyd run through a wall for him, he wouldnt go near this shit show with current county board in charge. These are not the best 30 players in Kildare, and if they are we're f'ckd. Rip it all up. Burke knows more about kildare players than Glen does and that is a fact, just cause Glen was a good player still a very bad manager as proven with his own club Towers.
what players are missing from your top 30 and who would you remove from the panel … name names?

Tawnbag123 likes this post

Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:24 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:

Respect for Glenn as a player thats it, manager and personality absolutely none. Where did I say changing manager was a solution? I said the whole thing needs to be ripped up. You're the one mouthing off  one of our only winning all ireland managers still around. Coward like the county board first to celebrate when we win. Whens the next county board meeting, make sure youve your timer on?
What you've said there is what I've been saying ffs🙄 Now piss off if you're going to get upset because i questioned Davy's ability to make them contenders not pretenders.

Contenders for a match that'd be great. Now we're getting somewhere, tell us more..
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:28 am

NorthernLily89 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:

Contenders for a match that'd be great. Now we're getting somewhere, tell us more..
Gunnerman has just asked you a very good question. Can you please go and answer it. I'm interested to your response.
Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:34 am

gunnerman wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

Not falling for that trap mate, I'm better than that, calling out lads playing an amateur sport being exposed by men raking it in on the expense of their demise. Disgusting some of the jibes here yday, wont fall for it. There is plenty of talent around the county, just dont have the name. You could scrap the whole 30 yday and an organised team would of put a better showing than the last 4weeks.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:36 am

NorthernLily89 wrote:
gunnerman wrote:
NorthernLily89 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

Not falling for that trap mate, I'm better than that, calling out lads playing an amateur sport being exposed by men raking it in on the expense of their demise. Disgusting some of the jibes here yday, wont fall for it. There is plenty of talent around the county, just dont have the name. You could scrap the whole 30 yday and an organised team would of put a better showing than the last 4weeks.
Aaah buddy. I'm disappointed. I thought we could have had you operating as a chief scout. The solution to all our problems😔
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Allianz League   2024 Allianz League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2024 Allianz League
Page 1 of 41Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next