Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Courage, Belief, wonderous things

Go down 
+51
bloodsub
Loads of Pints
walsheman
if_in_doubt
flourman
Lily8
Ogie
gremlin
Kaiser Sóze
armagh4sam
Always_White
losthope
croker
Onhisboot
geezerslilywhites
KILL BILL
totalgaa
centreback
racer
kickingking
ixus
johnsmyth
shoutitout
wingback
Sam1928
analysis
tomcruise
midfieldmaestro
Highball
carburyman
kildarecat
lefthalfback
auldbollixofaref
FearBan
MD
stanley
Fear An Geata
Stonecold
lilypremier
Rex
smokey
Misneach
gaaweb
Jimmy winning matches
Dinny Breen
ripvanwinkle
Could'nt Trap Cement
bob12
Faith
browser
squire
55 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
squire
Junior C
Junior C
squire

Courage, Belief, wonderous things Empty
PostSubject: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:42 am

I am so proud of the team. We lost but the guys showed what has got them to this stage of thp Championship. They never gave up. They put their bodies on the line. They gave it everything. They showed that they are never beaten. We could have won but we didn't. Down were class.

Well done guys. Ye did us proud. Your time will come. Can't wait for next year. God help any team that meets us 'cos we are on a mission.

Lets hope Down hammer Cork Twisted Evil

P.S. Lets not get all tied up over controversial goals or points. Down were playing the scoreline on the board. They played it well and even though they were lucky, they won. End of story. The team will accept it, the public will accept it, the game was there to be won and we didn't do it. Well done Down. A.I. CHAMPS.
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:52 am

Squire as much as I hate to agree with you your probably right. However I do think with the current set up there is an AI in that squad...no doubt about it. I'm so proud of every single member of that squad. I'm proud to be a lily and I'll wear this jersey with pride tmrw and every day after that.
Back to top Go down
Faith
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 am

We were robbed.....no two ways around it, we were not awarded a point in the first half, their goal was a square ball and we should have got a peno in the last min, u put ur heart & soul into training, matches etc and to be beaten by dreadful refing......bollix to that...u can wrap it up & put bows on it what ever way u like but we were robbed!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:19 am

Be inclined to agree with Faith here. Smiths first half effort was a point, instead of having to go for goal With the last kick we knock it over the bar and prepare for next week.

It's bitterly disappointing to lose, it's worse to lose through bad officiating. I won't even get into the square ball, penalty and multiple steps down were persistently taking.

I will say no more. Very disappointed but proud lily.
We may suck it up take it on the chin and use it for next year.
Back to top Go down
squire
Junior C
Junior C
squire

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:37 am

Thats the spirit fionn. No point in giving about refs at this stage. McEneany is one f the best refs in the game and he will be dissapointed when he looks back over the game. The point i'm making is that we had time to make up for bad decisions and didn't do it. The lads gave it all and at the end, .......well you all watched it.

It could have been our day but sometime soon...............................................!

I just thought throughout the game that Down were class, we played well in parts but overall, Down were the better team. Deserved the win and hopefully they will do the same to the most boring tem in the history of GAA.

This will stand to our lads, no question.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:10 am

agree with everyones points so proud of th team today fought right till the end it has taken cork 6 years to get within striking distance of an AI we will win next year well done to players and management keep it up
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:13 am

Im sorry but this is a time to complain about refs and umpires , we where fucking robbed today , yh we played fucking shit at times and kick too many wides , but down got out of jail thanks to some stupid decision .....................
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:20 am

Was a clear square ball coz I was in line wit the 6 yard box but shortys effort of a clearance was poor, his height was a major factor but made a great save later. Didn't deserve to win but at the same time had every chance to win, made such poor shot selection and mistakes. Was gut wrenching!!! Missed too many chances inter county teams shunt miss.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:26 am

We weren't beaten we just ran out of time....
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:26 am

lads what a year . was in tears leaving coke park as journey of 2010 came to end i felt so sorry for this panel of players the effort they have put since june is unreal. roll on 2011 cannot wait. the futrue is bright

Last edited by fone on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 am

Hard luck to the lads. I'm gutted for them but there is definitely an All-Ireland in them and I'm looking forward to being there when it happens Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:02 am

I'm so devastated. Hard luck to the lads. What a year!

Roll on 2011..

I have to say one thing though. I've been going to Kildare games at different levels for about 25 years now and have never experienced the unsportmanship from opposition supporters like I did today. It was incredible where I was sitting. The boos for Kildare and abuse at times was incredible.

I've always left matches rooting for the team that has beaten us but not today. It was shocking.

Corcaigh abu for that reason.

And hard luck Cill Dara once again. I'm still a proud Lily!
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:30 am

I just heard the benny coulter interview on rte and in fairness to him he said he was in the square but that doesnt make f all of a difference....kildare will be back again next year! Proud to be a lily again
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:01 am

Lads anyone know what happened to Dayrll? Did he carry in an injury that was kept quite or did he get hurt when he went down early? Full post mortem from wed on fair play to all the squad.. Thought Mcgrillen was superb today
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:24 am

I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. My heart is nearly broken after today, seeing J.D in tears at the end just about put me over.

We just never got going to our fullest, the start was what we hoped for but the goal killed us. We had them on the rack and if that goal had not been given we would no way have been five points down at that time.

Smithy's point was 100% over the bar as I was in section 304 right behind it. That's four points before you talk about anything else.

Nothing can be done now about it now but it's heartbreaking for the lads, they gave everything and more and I'm so proud of their efforts.

McAnaney has been shite for us now in two big games, best ref my arse.

It's a long road back to Croke Park next year I just hope everyone will stay on board and go again. The one thing for certain is I'll be there with hopes renewed as every year.

Thanks lads, it's been a roller coaster of a year. You have made everyone of us happy again.
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:50 am

squire wrote:

P.S. Lets not get all tied up over controversial goals or points. Down were playing the scoreline on the board. They played it well and even though they were lucky, they won. End of story. The team will accept it, the public will accept it, the game was there to be won and we didn't do it. Well done Down. A.I. CHAMPS.

Watching the sunday same and we were ROBBED!!!!

Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:51 am

Hugh Flynn??????
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:13 am

Defo penalty, inside the small rectangle lying on the ball. McAnaney you plank.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:53 am

Well all i can say is Lads yee did us all so proud! Not wan of yee gave up or lay down- yee fought till the bitter end. There is definatley an all ireland and leinster in this team. Stick together lads.

As for the match itself- apart from a great and exciting contest, we were absolutley robbed. I never liked Mac Ananey anywa. Watching the sunday game further strengthens my opinion of us being robbed.

However i really enjoyed being in the hill today - ther ewas some atmosphere with the mighty fellow lillywhite fans.
keep up the faith lads- We'll rise again- CILL DARA ABÚ!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:18 am

Don't agree with this Down were class assessment.

The tackle on Daryl Flynn after 2 minutes of the game was malicious especially the way the Down player "landed" on him. No. 25 for Down got away with rugby tackles several times.

McEananey was dreadful, he moved the ball forward for Down several time but never once pulled Down up on stopping us taking quick frees or interfeering with the free tacker. The umpires were a disgrace.

I can take my beating but there is too much in that match to say yes the better team won.

Gutted, absolutley gutted Sad
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:27 am

Absolutely gutted for the lads. A magnificent effort even though things weren't going well, particularly in middle third and the half-back line.

Down played extremely well and were the better team, although if there had been better officiating we'd be looking forward to an All Ireland final. The Coulter goal was a huge turning point as Kildare were well on top at that stage. It gave them a huge lift and they added two points quickly after.

Even allowing for that error and the possibility of a penalty at the end (not as clearcut a decision) if Smithy's point had been given we could have salvaged a draw with the last free, which would have been a tap over.

However, that's football and until a decision to use video technology is taken we'll have to put up with it. Unlike Misneach I didn't experience any unsporting Down supporters (aside from their booing of a couple of frees, where I felt they were booing the decision to award a free as much as booing Johnny). In fact a majority of the Down support applauded Kildare off the pitch at the end. I'd like to wish them well in the final.

Finally, I hope that we can convince Johnny & Dermot to hang on for another year and that Geezer will stay with us too. He was as distraught as any player afterwards and appeared to be crying as Padraig Ashe comisserated with him after. We're not too far away. Please God 2011 will be our year.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:51 am

Just watched the Sunday game , reinforced my view that we where robbed , sickening to see just how close kelly was to scoring at the end ........
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:01 am

Stonecold wrote:
Don't agree with this Down were class assessment.

The tackle on Daryl Flynn after 2 minutes of the game was malicious especially the way the Down player "landed" on him. No. 25 for Down got away with rugby tackles several times.

McEananey was dreadful, he moved the ball forward for Down several time but never once pulled Down up on stopping us taking quick frees or interfeering with the free tacker. The umpires were a disgrace.

I can take my beating but there is too much in that match to say yes the better team won.

Gutted, absolutley gutted Sad
that was mc eananey last match to ref
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:12 am

Devastated at final whistle,I was sitting in the Cusack and applauded Alan Smiths point , seen the square ball and ref talking to umpire, waited for him to disallow the goal but never happened, watched the sunday game and the down defender laying on the ball before Pat awarded a throw ball and yeah we could have , maybe should have won it but we didnt, thats sport and have to say despite losing the midfield battle hands down we had more than enough chances to win the game without the dodgy decisions, fair play to Down they all played to the best of their ability today where as a few of the Kldare stalwarts were a bit off the pace, maybe the occasion got to them but I still have faith in the team and think this will make them stronger, roll on next year , Mcgeeney at the helm and Johnny and Dermot giving it one more lash, jesus there wont be a team in the country able for the lily whites,, proud to be a Kildare man leaving that stadium.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 am

Misneach wrote:
I'm so devastated. Hard luck to the lads. What a year!

Roll on 2011..

I have to say one thing though. I've been going to Kildare games at different levels for about 25 years now and have never experienced the unsportmanship from opposition supporters like I did today. It was incredible where I was sitting. The boos for Kildare and abuse at times was incredible.

I've always left matches rooting for the team that has beaten us but not today. It was shocking.

Corcaigh abu for that reason.

And hard luck Cill Dara once again. I'm still a proud Lily!

Misneach you are spot on about the Down fans. I have to say I have never seen such a lack of respect by any team either than maybe Tyrone last year. Booing at every chance,my brother 12 year old brother got abuse today because he asked why dont you like Mcgeeney and he told them to shut up,so the Down fans did not leave him alone for the rest of the game, I am talking about grown men teasing a little child,I had a go at one of them but they were not having it. I hate generalising but Down fans from my experience are a bunch of C***s. They abuse Mcgeeney plain and simple because he is better than anything produced by Down and most counties in Ulster. The lack of respect shown to such a hero of the game is a disgrace. I asked a Down fan after the game why they hated Mcgeeney,he replied because he is a winner. Makes it worse that they dislike him because hes better than why they had. Totally disgusted by their behaviour.

Words cant describe the sadness I had today. I really thought we would win today. For a lot of reasons we didnt. We shot ourselves in the foot a lot today with bad decision making and terrible shooting at times. However we showed great desire other times. Kavanagh missed a simple free while Smythy had a clear point dismissed while we should of had a penalty,if that had happened none of us would be here tonight crying our sorrows as we would all be getting pissed. Very Happy Umpires have been useless all year and this confirmed that there is a need for video technology as in the biggest occasion for both teams,the umpire cannot get the simple decisions right. The gods were really against us today.

This bunch need to stay together. If Geezer leaves which I hope to god he does not,it would be a travisty. Next year is our big year,I am convinced. With the return of Mikey Conway,the emergence of Dowling,Cribbin,Hughie Lynch and Rob Kelly. We have all the pieces to complete the Jigsaw,Geezer has this team just right and he cannot leave,this team is better than Mickos. I would even go as far as Geezer is better than Micko,contervesial maybe but I believe that. Geezer has a plan and has the confidence running through the players. The man is a legend and must stay, of all my time supporting Kildare,this is the first time I believe this county could win an all ireland and I am convinced it is next year, This is the best squad of players this county has produced and they all must stay. We must remember we played today without Dermot and for most of the game Daryl Flynn,imagine if they were both fit today,things would of been diffrent.

I believe in this team and I am confident our moment of glory is just around the corner,c'mon the lillies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courage, Belief, wonderous things   Courage, Belief, wonderous things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Courage, Belief, wonderous things
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next