Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tipperary v Kilkenny

Go down 
+2
Rex
lilypremier
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

Tipperary v Kilkenny Empty
PostSubject: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 am

Any thoughts on our chances of beating Kilkenny?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:44 am

I think it will be a great game, Tipp have to stay with Kilkenny for the first 20 mins if they don't and fall 5 or six points behind it's all over. Shefflin being fit is as huge boost for Kilkenny as without him I think Tipp could have caused them problems.

Tipp to give it a right go but ultimately come up short by 3points.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:20 am

kilkenny to win it in the dying minutes by 1 pt!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:30 am

Ah well im a Tipp fan as the parents were from tipp so I'll be hoping for a win. If Tipp can get their half forward line sorted, and get goals, they'll hopefully win. However we all know what the cats are capable of and they'll be the absolute biggest test for tipp. Their shear power and Strength of their panel is unbelieveable and they are no doubt the greatest team in the history of the hurling championship. So Tipps chances will be thin, but hopefully, we can win.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:46 am

I think Kilkenny will win fairly comfortably to be honest.

Too much is being read into last year's final. I think Kilkenny were well below par that day and they still won pulling up despite looking in big trouble at one stage during the second half.

Some of Tipp's forwards (particularly their half-forwards) are windy enough and only seem to perform in patches. Cummins will have to vary his puckouts because if they rain high ball down on their half-forwards, Walsh and Delaney will clean them out of it. I can't see Cody allowing Cummins to go short all day like Davy Fitz and Waterford did.

I just can't see the Tipp full-back line holding Kilkenny to a beatable score. Stapleton and Cahill were all at sea against Galway in the quarter-final. If they afford that space to the likes of Eddie Brennan and Richie Power, Kilkenny will punish them ruthlessly every time.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Kilkenny by 3. They are just too damn good.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Yep Kilkenny for me too. We are witnessing the greatest generation of hurlers in history and fully expect them to win tomor
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 4:06 am

Congratulations Lilypremier. A fantastic performance that Kilkenny had no answer to. Enjoy the success, pity we could not make it a double.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:50 am

Yep, i was wrong. Great performance from the premier. Well done to all involved (including cian o neill!!)

Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:41 am

Thank you very much JME. Sound man.

Well all I can say is ABSOLUTLEY BRILLIANT. SKINNED dem at last!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tipperary v Kilkenny   Tipperary v Kilkenny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tipperary v Kilkenny
Page 1 of 1