Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

well done lads

Go down 
+14
Fear An Geata
walsheman
totalgaa
Sam1928
kickingking
Highball
gaaweb
kildaregaa365
abl
Faith
lilypremier
Rex
Stonecold
Jimmy winning matches
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:58 am

peter kelly john doyle well done
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:59 am

Yes heard the news too, congrats lads well done, u did us proud!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:07 am

Great news, Unbelievable year for Peter Kelly, Junior to All star in five months.

But the great man has finally got what he deserved many times before, made up for him. Well done John Doyle.

Also well done to the other three lads who got nominated. Here to a few more in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:04 am

peter kelly is in running for young player of year
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:10 am

At last johnny got his allstar! well done peter kelly- a great find this year!
Back to top Go down
Faith
Junior C
Junior C

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:24 am

Congrats to JD & Peter, well deserved!

A long time coming for John... absolutely thrilled for him & his family, so proud that he's our Captain Fantastic. It's fantastic news! C'mon the lillies!
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:31 am

delighted for both but especially for john.in my humble opinion he has had to wait 3 years longer than he should have.hopefully this is a long run of allstars for us over the next few years
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:33 am

Echo all those comments about JD.. inspirational leader for years. Very disappointed for Leper who for me was our Man of the Year
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:18 am

Congrats to JD (a long time coming but finally others have recognised what we've know for years) and Peter (great achievment in his first year).
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:20 am

Brilliant brilliant brilliant news

I was actually really nervous, i so wanted JD to get one.. If ever effort heart and genuine commitment and inspiration deserved to be rewarded its JD. So happy for him and his family.

Also fantastic for Peter Kelly as JME says junior to all star in a few months. Excellent work and shows that the feeder system from junior to senior does have good merits for those guys who decided to give it a miss this year.

Also want to mention the other 3 guys who didnt get one. I think Leper was a little unlucky.

Bolton and Jimmers had great years and with more consitency theres no doubt an all star in them in the coming years. Well done all.

Up kildare
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:29 am

Well done to Johnny and Peter.

Leper very unlucky to miss out. I think he had a better year than all three of the half-backs selected.

Some curious selections but that's always the way with the All-Stars. I'm glad they didn't do what they usually do and load the team full of the All-Ireland winners. No individual Cork players really stood out and four each for Cork and Down is a fair enough reflection on an even enough year.

I think McMahon or O'Carroll from Dublin deserved one ahead of Charlie Harrison. O'Leary, McKernan & Leper would've been my half-back line. John Galvin very unlucky to lose out to Aidan Walsh who had a great final but was average prior to it. No complaints with the forward line from me.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Well deserved lads. Delighted for both of them especially JD as it was waaayy overdue.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:11 am

Just like to add by congrats to the two lads well done and also hard luck to other 3 noms. Upward and onwards
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:49 am

great news!!!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:35 am

Just watched the All Stars show online. Missed it on Friday night. Did anyone else think the dancing at the start and end of the show was awful ? It was embarassing to watch and added nothing to the night.

Also see Ger Canning's research is as poor as ever, referring to Peter Kelly as Hank.

Nonetheless congratulations once again to the two lads. Hopefully we'll have a few more next year.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:43 am

It was awful alright, looked more like strictly come dancing than the GAA all stars. The GAA obv thought they were being smart and trying to modernise things!! Maybe they shud look at who their target audience is first before putting bloody dancing on at the start...... cringeworthy
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:23 pm

I haven't watch the All Stars in years... it's pure cringeworthy stuff
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:42 pm

I agree I thought the whole presentation was cringeworthy and the dancing was embarrassing, as for Marty's tie - - - well the less said the better. I felt sorry for the All Stars at the end with the dancers gyrating in front of them and they sitting there like a crowd of stooks in a Lap Dancing club.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:34 pm

I agree, if they had of cut the dancing the would have easily had time to announce the footballers on the night. Them those that were nominated would have also got to enjoy the acknowledgement of being selected.

Poor show and the comedians added nothing either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

well done  lads Empty
PostSubject: Re: well done lads   well done  lads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

well done lads
Page 1 of 1