Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nationalist V's Leinster Lier

Go down 
+32
BelieveToAchieve
overthebar
ripvanwinkle
lilywhites on tour
kickingking
topcat
fatherted
Caprea
Bad News Baba
losthope
SeamusMurphy
Westside
Cilldara_2000
blackandgold
Gaa1928
Taibi
homerj
TheBigFullForward
ElGuerrouj
FearBan
flourman
Rex
KfmSport
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
Lily8
lilypremier
Big Full Back
centreback
walsheman
KILL BILL
backatlast
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:59 am

IMO the GAA coverage is very poor in both of them, and BFF is right, Does the Minor Championship not matter to them, as the coverage from last Week was very poor ? . The Nationalist IMO tends to give more coverage to Teams in the South of the County.. Sur why cant they use the extra Pages where all the Job Adverts used to be .. Sad 
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 9:38 am

Coverage is 75% dependant on the club PRO, if he/she is a good one you will get the stuff printed, our PRO is very good and is in regular contact with the sports editors, he does not wait for the phone call he makes them. He is not a fan of the Leader its the only paper that disregards the information he sends, he has a system set up where he sends the information to ALL media on a Sunday night, the Nationalist prints most of the stuff, Hoganstand posts All of the stuff, the others do regular features, the Leader does f--k all
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:08 pm

There can be no doubts about the importance of a good Club PRO.. The Leader is certainly in decline, and I am sure their Sales have to have declined.. I used to be a Leader purchaser, but now Buy the Nationalist instead.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:58 pm

See the supporter in the nationalist went Roy Curtis light this week. Telling players to shut up and hoping O'Callaghan doesn't play for Kildare again. Class man/woman. Who needs enemies with friends like that.

On a related note the nationalist has defiantly been anti McGeeney since we lost to Tyrone. Interviews with former players wanting him gone, the interview with Peter Whyte which compromised the Moorefield vote. No interviews to balance the argument. A lot of respect lost there and my €2.20 a week.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:58 am

Leinster Leader match reports are badly written and inaccurate.

Away from sport, I have an interesting story reflecting the journalistic integrity of the Leaders news reporters. My brother cycled across Iran a couple of years ago. The leader done an interview with him. He spoke about an incident where the police brought him to a police station, to check his papers before letting him go after treating him well. When the report came out my brother was surprised to learn he had actually been thrown in a jail cell, kept overnight and only released the next day….
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:18 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:
See the supporter in the nationalist went Roy Curtis light this week. Telling players to shut up and hoping O'Callaghan doesn't play for Kildare again. Class man/woman. Who needs enemies with friends like that.

On a related note the nationalist has defiantly been anti McGeeney since we lost to Tyrone. Interviews with former players wanting him gone, the interview with Peter Whyte which compromised the Moorefield vote. No interviews to balance the argument. A lot of respect lost there and my €2.20 a week.
Poor Ger, getting grief from both sides of the divide now! The man can speak for himself but he is DEFINITELY not anti-McGeeney. As it happens, I seem to recall quotes from Leper and Emmet Bolton in the paper the last couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:24 am

I think as Seamus pointed out it can depend where in the county you're based for coverage of your own club. The Leader favours teams north of the county while the Nationalist will favour the clubs south for their coverage. I'd imagine they both would have researched it and apply their sports coverage where it will get most sales. My own opinion is that Nationalist wins hands down. I've long since given up on buying the Leader. On a similar vein i thought the Nationalist done a great pullout on this years CUL camps a couple of weeks ago. At least there's effort there
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:28 am

Just another thing obviously match reports. If clubs would put players out in the numbered jerseys as per programme it would make it far easier for both the photographer who's submitting the picture and the reporter who's writing the report neither who might have a clue as to the identity of the player. Just an idea
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:48 am

Ogie wrote:
Baba O' Reily wrote:

Poor Ger, getting grief from both sides of the divide now! The man can speak for himself but he is DEFINITELY not anti-McGeeney. As it happens, I seem to recall quotes from Leper and Emmet Bolton in the paper the last couple of weeks.
Ger McNally never wrote that this week did he. I was very cutting and telling players to shut up and saying he'd hoped Leper did not play for Kildare again if he felt a certain way. That did not sound like Ger at all.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:06 am

No that is written by "the Supporter" an anonymous column in the Nationalist each week, according to Ger himself they are not one in the same!!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:54 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:

To be fair to the Nationalist, both John Crofton and Christy Byrne were interviewed in the week prior to county championship games that they were managing in. There were previews featured in that week's addition for the Sarsfields and Rheban matches. Whatever journalist conducted the interviews for these previews probably just asked both men for a quick quote or two on the Kildare management to get another short article out of it.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 4:47 am

Caprea wrote:

Leinster Leader match reports are badly written and inaccurate.

Away from sport, I have an interesting story reflecting the journalistic integrity of the Leaders news reporters. My brother cycled across Iran a couple of years ago. The leader done an interview with him. He spoke about an incident where the police brought him to a police station, to check his papers before letting him go after treating him well. When the report came out my brother was surprised to learn he had actually been thrown in a jail cell, kept overnight and only released the next day….
It ain't called the Leinster Liar for nothing.

Awful paper. How Tommy Callaghan is allowed to write about football I'll never know. The man hasn't a clue.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:48 am

Tommy Callaghan is a gas man! Love reading his version of events and his take on happenings in kildare! Absolute character.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:28 am

there was an article in the leader last week about mcgeeney where Callaghan referred to him as the TYRONE man..... say no more!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:40 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Baba O' Reily wrote:

Ger McNally never wrote that this week did he. I was very cutting and telling players to shut up and saying he'd hoped Leper did not play for Kildare again if he felt a certain way. That did not sound like Ger at all.  
Didn't read that but I could say with confidence Ger didn't say that. I'm surprised anyone said that to be honest. Must be over 60, whoever wrote it. Even if you didn't agree with Leper, you'd give him a bit of leeway for making an immediate emotional reaction. And anyway, he just said he was ashamed (to be connected with such a process and comedy of errors). I can see why he would feel that. Saying he should never play again is mad altogether.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:28 am

Is there a reason that the local papers have not grilled the four horsemen of the apocalypse who went against their own committee wishes. To easy and convenient to vote no then slip back into the shadows without reason.

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:46 am

Grilled the four horsemen of the apocalypse?

They're the local papers, not the Sun or the News Of The World.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:53 am

The probably think they wouldn't be able to do as good a job as you and your crew are doing Baba......Wink Wink 
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:54 am

Don't be pedantic you know what I meant.
If it suits you better they should be nicely interviewed while drinking coffee in an upmarket establishment as to why they voted that way.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:56 am

Someone has to overthebar as you and a few others are a bit gutless when it comes to the CB and it's certain members.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 3:00 am

Perhaps you would be better off asking why the other members of the executive were unable to persuade them to support the motion?
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 3:04 am

Meeow meeow Baba.............Mad Mad and it took you all of 2 posts to come up with those comments:study: ..... relax girl.....you'll do yourself an injury....Wink Wink 
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 3:14 am

Four smileys you've out done yourself. Save some for later.

KickingKing I know why they voted in a certain way, personal agenda. They should be asked to explain why they let personal vendettas override the views of the committee they should have honorably agreed with. Since they went against those wishes when are they going to resign their position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 3:19 am

I agree with Baba you cant go against the chairman while on the Board and expect to stay in the job with any dignity.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 3:20 am

The main man in the Leader is buxom buddies with Martin Whyte, that makes him immune there anyway. Not too sure about the others.

As time goes on, I can see that executive imploding. I'll be amazed if the 4 get to convention. When convention does arrive, te Towers mafia will finally break cover. The part time helper in Hawkfield has been skulking around the back ground for a while now. She was behind Donnellys last campaign and will most def be behind his next one.

Lets hope people see though it. Lets hope the local media nail these 4 snakes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist V's Leinster Lier   Nationalist V's Leinster Lier - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nationalist V's Leinster Lier
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next