Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh

Go down 
+14
kildarecat
giverespect ha ha
Fear An Geata
Jimmy winning matches
rgb
rubencarter
ripvanwinkle
centreback
The Oracle
homerj
Ogie
kartman
walsheman
Big Full Back
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 pm

was a good crowd at it i`d say the county board done well out of the championship this year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:39 pm

kildarecat wrote:
Anyone know what the attendance was?, everytime I went outside for a cigarette,[ yes I was having a few pints saturday afternoon watching the nags] a load of Robertstown cars would pass me by with their blue and white car flags, seemed to have passionate support anyway.

€15 for a junior A final a bit steep don't you think?, €10 euro into portlaoise for a cracking Leinster Club game, ah but our good old county board as they always like to remind us and point out as some sort of justification for their extortion policy, there was two games don't forget! you had a minor curtain raiser to the Junior A final. wow!!! and la la to you too!

Thats a bit condescending don't you thnk KC? It may not have been as glamourous as a the Moorefield/Sarsfield match and despite it being only a Junior A final, it still attracted a huge crowd.
And I'm sure for the Caragh boys winning that meant as much to them as Moorefield beating the Sash.
It was a double header final, just like the Senior and Intermediate.Don't devalue it for the lads that competed in it.
And certainly don't devalue it for the winners.
You didnt have to spend your €15 to enter Conleths.
Well done to Caragh.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 9:12 am

2 caragh players called up to kildare panel for next season. Didnt hear who the two were? Anybody know who?
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 am

That's obviously a joke.....!
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 4:08 pm

No joke.. Heard from a reliable source! Might be the kildare junior panel as opposed to the seniors but sure look what happened to Peter Kelly!
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 pm

I take the condtions were poor but that was the worst junior final in a long time. I am aware there not always glamour games but this took the biscuit. 2 scores from play by both teams in probably near 70 mins of football. The biggest job on the day would be to pick a man of the match. Didnt stay for the presentation so dont know who got it. Dont think this was the 2 best teams in junior this year. TMH and clogherinkoe def must be kicking themselves.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 pm

lastline wrote:
I take the condtions were poor but that was the worst junior final in a long time. I am aware there not always glamour games but this took the biscuit. 2 scores from play by both teams in probably near 70 mins of football. The biggest job on the day would be to pick a man of the match. Didnt stay for the presentation so dont know who got it. Dont think this was the 2 best teams in junior this year. TMH and clogherinkoe def must be kicking themselves.

They can't be kicking themselves, they lost to both of them. It was a game on a given day - you see the first half of the senior final? Sarsfields don't score for 20 minutes and Moorefield only kick two points... and yet you see the Moores kicking points from out on the road against Portlaoise. It's all about the day and Caragh won't give one fuck how bad it looked Saturday. And there's nothing TMH, or Clogherinkoe or Robertstown or anyone else can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 pm

It was a poor game, both teams are capable of a lot better, but being a final and a local derby and bad conditions, bad refereeing all were factors. Caragh won't care, they won all their matches, beat tmh well in the semi final so I don't think you can argue that they weren't the best team. I agree though a lot of teams will be kicking themselves, it was up for grabs, Caragh grabbed it.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:20 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
Anyone know what the attendance was?, everytime I went outside for a cigarette,[ yes I was having a few pints saturday afternoon watching the nags] a load of Robertstown cars would pass me by with their blue and white car flags, seemed to have passionate support anyway.

€15 for a junior A final a bit steep don't you think?, €10 into portlaoise for a cracking Leinster Club game, ah but our good old county board as they always like to remind us and point out as some sort of justification for their extortion policy, there was two games don't forget! you had a minor curtain raiser to the Junior A final. wow!!! and la la to you too!

Thats a bit condescending don't you thnk KC? It may not have been as glamourous as a the Moorefield/Sarsfield match and despite it being only a Junior A final, it still attracted a huge crowd.
And I'm sure for the Caragh boys winning that meant as much to them as Moorefield beating the Sash.
It was a double header final, just like the Senior and Intermediate.Don't devalue it for the lads that competed in it.
And certainly don't devalue it for the winners.
You didnt have to spend your €15 to enter Conleths.
Well done to Caragh.

If it sounded condescending well except my apoligies fionn because that was not my intention, I know in my heart and soul that Junior A final mean't the world to both sets of supporters, but you get my point? the Kildare County board are probably one of the greediest found anywhere in Ireland, €10 to me would be a fair price to pay for a Junior A final and fair on the travelling supporters don't you think?
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Austin Nevin or Dan Campbell have been their stand out performers when I've seen them this year, I'm not sure about the senior but I would imagine they would be good enough for the junior team at least
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Ogie wrote:

They can't be kicking themselves, they lost to both of them. It was a game on a given day - you see the first half of the senior final? Sarsfields don't score for 20 minutes and Moorefield only kick two points... and yet you see the Moores kicking points from out on the road against Portlaoise. It's all about the day and Caragh won't give one fuck how bad it looked Saturday. And there's nothing TMH, or Clogherinkoe or Robertstown or anyone else can do about it.

what do you mean theres nothing the other teams can do about it i think they all realise they could of done something about it on the day and didnt they dont need to be told that...and as far as the game caragh wont care and shouldnt care how it was won, but it was a terrible bad game ruined even further by a ref who stopped it every chance he could, never let quick frees be taken
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:47 pm

homerj wrote:
Ogie wrote:

what do you mean theres nothing the other teams can do about it i think they all realise they could of done something about it on the day and didnt they dont need to be told that...and as far as the game caragh wont care and shouldnt care how it was won, but it was a terrible bad game ruined even further by a ref who stopped it every chance he could, never let quick frees be taken

Too many teams come off the pitch blaming x, y and z... if only this, if only that... that's not worth jack. The game is lost. You only ever hear losers coming out with excuses.

However homer, I have to say that as a neutral watching a lot of games, referees are an issue much too often and I would be in agreement in that regard. I wasn't there on Saturday but Fergal Barry has form... and it isn't good form.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:14 am

e.s.b. wrote:
It was a poor game, both teams are capable of a lot better, but being a final and a local derby and bad conditions, bad refereeing all were factors. Caragh won't care, they won all their matches, beat tmh well in the semi final so I don't think you can argue that they weren't the best team. I agree though a lot of teams will be kicking themselves, it was up for grabs, Caragh grabbed it.
yes there going in wen there leinster campaign is over!!
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:24 am

who are they walsheman? i would imagine its dan campbell and kevin dempsey
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:23 am

campbell and nevin!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh   Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Junior A Football Final 2010 Robertstown V Caragh
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2