Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team for championship?

Go down 
+20
The Giant
Highball
tomcruise
Yellow Pearl
The Oracle
flourman
Rex
overthebar
Lily8
centreback
stanley
rgb
if_in_doubt
kickingking
town man
hawker
Ogie
walsheman
ChopperDalton
howdoyoudo
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
howdoyoudo
Junior C
Junior C

Team for championship? Empty
PostSubject: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Connolly

Kelly
McGrillen
Fennell (ballymore corner back jus called into panel)

O'flaherty
Bolton
Conway

Early
Flynn

D.White
P. O'Neill

JD
E O'flaherty

Kavnagh
Smith
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:24 pm

No Leper???

Any word on how Peter Kelly, he is defo out for season?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:01 am

howdoyoudo wrote:
Connolly

Kelly
McGrillen
Fennell (ballymore corner back jus called into panel)

O'flaherty
Bolton
Conway

Early
Flynn

D.White
P. O'Neill

JD
E O'flaherty

Kavnagh
Smith
no chance will fennell be playing,prob gud player but cover already in the panel there,maybe next year,also no place for callaghan/kelly/dowling/lynch.......doubt early and kelly be back in time,maybe later in the year....u go back and eat ur cornflakes!!!!!!!!

Last edited by walsheman on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:23 am

Wouldn't pay much heed to that, all that message is saying is 1) ive inside info about a lad on the panel and 2) i know feic all about football bar my little nugget of info
Back to top Go down
howdoyoudo
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:05 am

Taught it was a fairly strong team. Leper in for White or JD is the only change i can think of.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:10 am

But it's not practical. Earley won't be fit for the start of the championship, whatever about the likelihood of Conway being able to force his way into the team having had little or no game time, not to mention competitive game time, in almost two years by then.

However, I'm presuming you're hoping the ball now because you mentioned the possibility of JD not making the team, which in the absence of any knowledge that he may, God forbid, be out injured or for some reason decides not to work to within an inch of his life over the next couple of months or neglect to kick an average of six to eight points a game in that period of time, would seem very unlikely...

He may play terribly and be dropped but there's nothing to suggest right now that it's going to happen (which makes picking a championship team at this moment of time redundant anyway in my opinion but there's no harm in it)
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 am

I'd say about two thirds of your team might start in the Championship. After that I'd be inclined to ask you how strong that sherry is.
Back to top Go down
town man
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:25 am

Let me have a go !!

connolly

fitzpatrick
mcgrillan
mac

flats
bolton
callaghan

o'neill
flynn

doyle
eoin flats
kav

smith
rob kelly
dowling
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:00 am

Long way away yet but ideally what I'd like to see:

Connolly
Fitz McGrillen Mac
M Flats Chalky(or)Foley Bolton
Flynn Lynch
Leper E Flats Doyler
Smith Kelly Jimmers

Even without Dermot and Peter Kelly it looks a formidable team on paper. There's a strong panel behind those fifteen lads and there should be good competition for places in the next few months. Paudie, Roli, Flanagan, Dowling, Moolick and hopefully Mikey Conway will all be pushing hard for a starting jersey.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:17 pm

howdoyoudo wrote:
Taught it was a fairly strong team. Leper in for White or JD is the only change i can think of.

Christ that's a bit out there now...
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Methinks howdoyoudo is on a wind-up
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:42 pm

Or its Padraig Nolan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
howdoyoudo
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 12:11 am

nice to see that ye didnt put in flanagan on your team either. has become a liability in possesion of the ball.

I was picking the strongest team if all the injuries clear up.

I've seen enough poor performances last yr from JD to suggest his form might dip in this years championship. And its all about form regardless of who you are.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 12:19 am

howdoyoudo wrote:
nice to see that ye didnt put in flanagan on your team either. has become a liability in possesion of the ball.

I was picking the strongest team if all the injuries clear up.

I've seen enough poor performances last yr from JD to suggest his form might dip in this years championship. And its all about form regardless of who you are.

Ah yeah, of course you are right,, drop JD because of his poor form last year, shure he only managed to get an allstar and finish top scorer in the championship.....
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 12:44 am

howdoyoudo wrote:

are you crazy an all star and top scorer and you come out with a statement like that
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:37 am

If i had to pick a team it'd be the same as kicking king said probably with chalky on ahead of foley.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:39 am

Anybody else concerned about the fullback line now that Kelly is out?
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:56 am

i cant believe that thread about not playing JD. what more could the man do last year, top scorer, an all star, nominated for footballer of the year and he lead from the front even when things were'nt going his way. what cloud have you being on there howdoyoudo.....?? scratch
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 am

Lads, lads, lads....it's sticking out a mile. He's on a wind-up. I doubt if he is even a lilywhite. Ignore him.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:24 am

J.D will play lets all get that straight. As good or better than every other forward in the Country last year and as good as Brogan while doing more work. Even though his frees where not as good as previous years he still ended up top scorer.
I would be a little concerned that his placed balls have not been as accurate, he missed another couple of handy ones in Belfast. But I bet he's not happy about it himself and I would expect he is his own biggest critic.

Fullback line is the danger line again this year, every other line we have options. I hoping that Fitzpatrick gets to a level that looking at him in the couple of games this year I think he could achieve.

Biggest thing for me is injuries, if the ones we have clear up and we don't suffer any more we will be in the mix make no bones about it.

Please God we make it to end of June beginning of July in Leinster, what a boost would it to be to see the names Earley and Conway anywhere in the match program.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 am

Conor Brophy could do a job for us in the corner I think. He's a similar sort of player to Peter Kelly.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:09 pm

What's the story on Ollie Lyons - His "4 week" recovery period from injury after DCU game is surely up now. I would see him as a serious threat for a corner back position in P Kelly's absence.

Don't see Flanagan as a realistic option at full back - think he followed Joe Sheridan in there against Meath last year and was ate. Can only see 1 man at full back when everybody's fit and that McGrillen.

Is Andrew Mac anywhere near fitness?

1st choice full back line for me would be - Lyons McGrillen Mac (when all available)

Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Lyons and Mac doing full training so presume they're in contention for starting positions. Might only feature as subs due to time out, but least they're back.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Its far too early to be trying to pick a team for the Summer. There's a massive amount of ball to be kicked in the inbetween months. Anybody that suggests dropping the top scoring forward in Ireland over the last few years is clueless and has no business in a forum like this. I would suggest tho that Smithy would need to pull up his sockis and start weighing in with some scoring performances. With the likes of Mulhall, Dowling and Moolick chomping at the bit and Smithy's failure to kick on from his fine first season. The pressure with be on him!!
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:06 am

Just looking at this thread

If fit , the following are certainties to start every game

McGrillen
M Flats
Bolton

Earley
Flynn

Leper
E Flats
Kav
Smith
JD ( I assume folk are taking the piss by leaving the legend off even if he is canvassing for FG this week Very Happy )

Hughie Lynch will have a big role this year also but you can only pick two midfielders

Rest of the places up for grabs particularly the full back line which will be weak without Peter Kelly and which will be very suspect in the bigger games , no matter what two are in with McGrillen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team for championship?   Team for championship? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team for championship?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next