Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jobluts
Intermediate
Intermediate

ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ? Empty
PostSubject: ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ?   ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:04 am

in my opinion its not a good move.nothing against gantley he might help us win a few games,but he is taking t place of a local lad who has being training n trying to play for his county for years.If gantley transferred to a club in kildare then i dont see a problem,personally i think he is using kildare ,not having to travel home for training
Back to top Go down
Hard Man
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ?   ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:34 am

i agree, i think the move could cause friction between members of the panel.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ?   ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:18 am

he didn't do a whole lot yesterday to be honest
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

PostSubject: Re: ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ?   ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:52 am

Not too many of them did a whole lot from the 22nd minute on after Kildare eased into a 0-12 to 0-1 lead.
I for one am not in favour of Gantley joining. Okay the guy has hurled at the top but he is 33 years of age and hasn't hurled at inter-county level since 2006 - this standard might suit him now, but I cannot see that he is going to be anyway better than what is already in the county.
I can understand why Mick O'Riordan would go after him if players from within the county weren't making themselves available but then you'd have to wonder and ask the hard questions as to why these players aren't making themselves available for selection? Some of them are away in college and can't commit - except Mark Moloney - but a county like Kildare can't succeed without their better players, especially if lads won't commit because they know they won't get into the game at the expense of one of these permit players from Kilkenny, Tipperary, Galway etc.
Plus, the Hurling Board are on record time and time again when they first started their laughable attempt to get a manager that any new manager would not[b] be allowed to use permit players this year. Two league games in two new permit players have already pulled on the white jersey!!!Says it all about the Hurling Board!
Over the course of the last few years David Kennedy, Ronan Tynan, Paddy O'Brien, Colm Everard, Paul Buggy, Danny Byrne and David Carter have hurled for Kildare under the permit rule - it seems to me that once you were from one of the hurling strong holds you were going to be included, irrespective of what talent was already in the county. By my reckoning Kennedy is the only player who has justified his selection!!!
Back to top Go down
Hard Man
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ?   ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:39 am

It seems to me that the hurling board doesn't know what it is doing! The hurling management team appears to be a quick fix solution! I wouldn't be too happy if i was losing my place to the two permit players!
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

PostSubject: Re: ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ?   ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Hardman you are right when you say the Hurling Board don't know what they are doing!As I've said before the HB seem content once the county teams and the senior clubs are going well...after that they don't seem to care a whole lot about structures, hence the state of underage hurling in this county and the HB's sudden change to try and address it.
As for the permit players, is it any wonder why some players from within this county are not making themselves available when they know that they could well lose out at the expense of some guy from Kilkenny, Galway, Tipp etc?
Although I think O'Riordan deserves a chance, because from what I hear he is a good guy, but the whole set-up and the way it was handled by the HB is a shambles. Is it any wonder Padraig Ashe is getting involved in hurling matters? This mess can't be allowed to go on!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ?   ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ex galway star to play for kildare ,good or bad for us ?
Page 1 of 1