Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nationalist piece

Go down 
+20
kickingking
clonmullin
jim
Come on the Boys in Blue
Ohtoohtobe
ElGuerrouj
bag of white
fargo
overthebar
sillycow
realmoore
Ogie
lastline
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
centreback
Stonecold
Lily8
Taibi
Flamingo
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Nationalist piece - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:37 am

Tommy was very good for us yesterday, definitely the best he has ever played for Leixlip imo. I'd say he's unlikely to feature for Kildare during the summer though, seems to have gone down the pecking order a bit since start of year, a few niggly injuries prob haven't helped.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:53 am

sillycow wrote:
kildare havent a hope in hell of winning an all ireland, we havent won anything since 2001.

geezer is making a laughing stock out of the county board and clubs.

clubs and county board need to stand up to this bully and demand that we get our county players back playing with our clubs on a regular basics, this will help bring the club football and players to a higher standard.

can we afford a huge fine from croke park for breaking this rule on the training camp?

end of the day it will be the clubs that will have pay..

Living up to your username Sillycow, seeing as you don't even know what year Kildare last won major silverware
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:34 am

sillycow, why all anti geezer and negative talk, you must have a serious chip on your shoulder with the hole county setup and for what reason..... enlighten us all why if you will...... scratch
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:26 am

overthebar wrote:
sillycow, why all anti geezer and negative talk, you must have a serious chip on your shoulder with the hole county setup and for what reason..... enlighten us all why if you will...... scratch

Silly must be one of those foul person of a west briton persuasion or ideology , perceived by some of his countrymen as too anglophile in matters of culture or politics , god forsake those who let them enter our esteemed shortgrassed plains , or maybe its just a orange order thing Laughing
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:50 pm

As far as i know the county players are in very heavy training. We the supporters want them to be at every ones beck and call. Yes Gary white could get injured getting out of bed but the risk of him picking up an injury playing a league game for his club is far greater. In my opinion and it only my opinion a county player has to a bit selfish and do what's best for himself. He's that one that puts his life on hold to play with his county player. But if he decides not to play a game with his club because he's picked up a knock or has trained for 9 of the last 12 days and feels its not the best for him to play. ..Oh he doesn't care about his club.... Rubbish go look at Gary white or let's say johnny Doyle or flynner play for there clubs and come back here and tell me that they don't care about there clubs.....as for a certain moorefield official i think its time to head back to the soccer club he came from......only my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
clonmullin
Junior A
Junior A
clonmullin

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Keith Cribben played midfield for Johnstownbridge against Athy ... Brian Flanagan was on the sideline but didn't tog out. Didn't see Mick Foley at the game though he could've been there

Cribben played well and kicked two good scores from centre mid
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:40 pm

padraigh and tommy o neill played for st laurences
Back to top Go down
sillycow
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:21 am

my problem with geezer and his setup is that its only all about one team, and he has no regard for thelong term development of club football and the overall standard of kildare football.

we are not good enough to win an ireland at the present (1998 was the last time we had the quality panel to do so), and only focusing on trying to develop 30 odd players will not solve this problem.

all clubs,schools, county board, county management need to work together to address raising the overall standards across the county.

and i feel geezer is weaking club football and therefore destroying grassroots football, i also feel the money being spent on geezer management setup would be better spent in underage development and back in clubs.

look back in the mid to late 1990's, the standard of club football was a lot higher and therefore we had better players for our county team.

at the moment in kildare football its only all about 35 players and 12 people of a management team.

geezer has brought the rugby structure to kildare, where players dont play with clubs only their province or in our case the kildare county team.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:45 am

A quick question Sillycow, could you explain the purpose of the development officers in your grand scheme of things.
Is it not their job and I can only go by their title of "development officers" to develop younger players.
Also what about the development squads, should Geezer be taking them for training to as then he would then not be focused on just 30 players but a hundred..
Why is Brian Murphy not developing more than his minor squad.
Did Geezer not try and get the county board to set up a Scholarship scheme like they have in CIT that would help a lot of players while giving them a leg up in the world.
I know no matter what I say will not change your obvious persuasion.
I'll leave it by saying that a last four team last year has the potential to win an All Ireland this year.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:19 am

Hello peter or sorry sillycow give us an example of how Geezer is weaking club football. Facts please not some rubbish the you make up to keep yourself happy. I want examples please not lies...
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:24 am

jim wrote:
Hello peter or sorry sillycow give us an example of how Geezer is weaking club football. Facts please not some rubbish the you make up to keep yourself happy. I want examples please not lies...
last friday night lack of interest some county players playing for their clubs
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:47 am

Who are you talking about fone. .And how do you know that players that didn't play, had know interest in playing or are you just assuming they had no interest in playing.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:50 am

Micko O'Dwyer was just as notorious for not allowing couny players to go back to the clubs.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:53 am

fone wrote:
jim wrote:
last friday night lack of interest some county players playing for their clubs

Unless you are one of those players you can't say that. Everything else is just hearsay and conjecture.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:53 am

Where is the evidence that the standard in the club scene is weaker than it was in the nineties?

It's not up to McGeeney to improve the grassroots. His role is to get the best out of the senior county setup. He's the senior manager, not a county development officer.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:16 am

jim wrote:
Who are you talking about fone. .And how do you know that players that didn't play, had know interest in playing or are you just assuming they had no interest in playing.

No county players played with Moorefield on fri. Not one.... Weren't even togged out.....
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:26 am

kickingking wrote:
Where is the evidence that the standard in the club scene is weaker than it was in the nineties?

It's not up to McGeeney to improve the grassroots. His role is to get the best out of the senior county setup. He's the senior manager, not a county development officer.

great post thats the most sensible thing said in here for a while his role is to get the best out of the senior county team
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:57 am

Having looked at Dublin and Laois this is agreat chance for McGeeney to win a something (leinster) with this team
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:16 pm

tpos wrote:
Having looked at Dublin and Laois this is agreat chance for McGeeney to win a something (leinster) with this team

You'd write off Dublin and Laois? Brave man.....

It's insanity to blame McGeeney for the alleged weakening of club football in the county. Anyway, going back the past decade, people have been saying how shite club football is in Kildare. Whether it is or it isn't, that was long before he came on the scene. He has his job, which is to look after the county team. If he was in charge of a club team, he'd be going mental at the county manager for having them so long. McGeeney is not the first manager to do this in Kildare, not to mind the rest of the country... there were the same arguments - pretty vehement actually - under Crofton. And Micko.

I don't agree with it, as I've said before, I don't think it works - the roll of honour will show you that, as will that of the counties that do free their players to the clubs.

But it's the county board's job to run the games, the schedule etc in teh county. If they're not strong enough, that's their fault. Not McGeeney's.

Teh clubs had their chance again at the board meeting to make their complaints known if they had them but only Peter Whyte spoke up - you can't complain after that, the delegates, the clubs have rubber-stamped everything, including allowing themselves to have the wool pulled over their eyes and agreeing to play the entire league without any county players.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:21 pm

jim wrote:
As far as i know the county players are in very heavy training. We the supporters want them to be at every ones beck and call. Yes Gary white could get injured getting out of bed but the risk of him picking up an injury playing a league game for his club is far greater. In my opinion and it only my opinion a county player has to a bit selfish and do what's best for himself. He's that one that puts his life on hold to play with his county player. But if he decides not to play a game with his club because he's picked up a knock or has trained for 9 of the last 12 days and feels its not the best for him to play. ..Oh he doesn't care about his club.... Rubbish go look at Gary white or let's say johnny Doyle or flynner play for there clubs and come back here and tell me that they don't care about there clubs.....as for a certain moorefield official i think its time to head back to the soccer club he came from......only my opinion of course.

To be fair, much of this makes sense - but the responsibility is on the county set-up as well as the club one to make sure a player isn't overworked. IF a player is released for a club at teh weekend, then take that into account in training.

The county managements, right through the age levels, preach to clubs about player welfare but that's only to stop them playing/training with teh clubs. They don't always practice it.

I have no problem with Peter Whyte making his arguments. That's his job. He's the Moorefield delegate. If more delegates did their jobs the clubs might see more of their players.

But there's no doubt that if a player is in a county panel, allowances have to be made. You can't flog them. But that comes from teh county side of things as well as the club.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:45 pm

tpos wrote:

your writing dublin and laois off for losing the division 1 and 2 finals and dublin lose to the present all ireland champions who scored 21 scores, laois and dublin are after shaping up to this leinster championship this year better than they have for years
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:55 am

centreback wrote:
tpos wrote:

your writing dublin and laois off for losing the division 1 and 2 finals and dublin lose to the present all ireland champions who scored 21 scores, laois and dublin are after shaping up to this leinster championship this year better than they have for years

To be honest and no disrespect to the weaker counties of leinster , leinster shall be decided , this side of the draw out of kildare v meath & dublin v laois , these are the teams who's current form suggest so , i am going out on a limb here but the REAL leinster final will hopefully be decide between Kildare v Dublin , and who ever wins will blow the rest by the whey side in leinster
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:27 am

Dublin will be playing Laois which eliminates one team which leave Kildare with only the winners to beat
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:38 am

tpos wrote:
Dublin will be playing Laois which eliminates one team which leave Kildare with only the winners to beat

yeah thats the way it works Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 pm

clonmullin wrote:
Keith Cribben played midfield for Johnstownbridge against Athy ... Brian Flanagan was on the sideline but didn't tog out. Didn't see Mick Foley at the game though he could've been there

Cribben played well and kicked two good scores from centre mid
mick was on 6 oclock news talking about laois and donegal with joe sheridanl ast friday night and tipped laois to win
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nationalist piece   Nationalist piece - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nationalist piece
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next