Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???

Go down 
+19
johnsmyth
gaaweb
shortgrass1928
MD
Dinny Breen
tomcruise
steviegenius
Sam1928
Jimmy winning matches
shoutitout
rgb
Oneill
peile
Rex
Highball
Lily8
walsheman
Onhisboot
GaaHead
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:45 am

In reaction to Paddy Heaney's article.... what in your opinion was the greatest piece of skill you saw from a Kildare player this season???
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:06 am

Some of the pressure frees kicked by Johnny in the league and champ this year must be up there, from all distances and angles, out of his hands, particularly i remember some outstanding efforts to win the game v westmeath in newbridge
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:01 am

best piece of skill has to be kavanaghs dummy around murphy!!!kildare badly needed it and he had the guts to dummy right then finish with the left!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:01 pm

Kavanagh's goal! Without a doubt!
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:41 pm

Kavanaghs finish given the circumstances is one of the greatest goals of all time from a kildare player never mind this season. It oozed class! There was a time we were worried about our lack of a goal threat. No more.

So i agree with lily4life, its kavanaghs goal for me without a doubt. Dummy on the right, finish on the left. At a crucial stage in a crucial game.

Magic.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Obviously jimmers goal will take some beating and rightly so, but if remember in the Derry game, Dermot went up to the skies for a ball with an opponent hanging out of him and plucked it like an apple one handed. That was quite impressive.

Smith's point v Monaghan and again jimmers from the same match the point from the Cusack stand into the hill in the first half. I was right behind it and it was an amazing effort.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Kavanagh's goal...sure even Spillane compared it to the great Gooch
Back to top Go down
Oneill
Junior A
Junior A
Oneill

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Kavanaghs goal....
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:38 pm

This isn't a contender for a 2010 award but does anyone remember Mikey Conway being trapped by a Laois player on the sideline last year, handpassing the ball off the Laois player's legs and winning the sideline ball? No commented on it at the time but it was cheeky. Made the Laois lad looke like a donkey.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Kavanagh's goal hands down.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:04 pm

jd goal in casement park
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Kavanagh goal. Not just this year but best piece of skill I've seen in many a year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:07 pm

Everytime i watch it, it brings a smile to my face.

Absolute class... And to think some people were calling for his head.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Eoghan Flats taking the ball off Johnny and then kicking a pressure kick over the bar and then doing it again class.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:20 pm

steviegenius

Totally agree.Best free I have seen in Croker in years Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Yea JD's goal in Casement was just as good as Jimmers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:41 pm

steviegenius wrote:
Eoghan Flats taking the ball off Johnny and then kicking a pressure kick over the bar and then doing it again class.

Johnny Doyle will wake up in the middle of the night in about 6 months time and say "that fu*ker took the ball off me in Croker for a 45 yard free"......
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Fionn

No he will say

That Carbury fcuker took the ball off me..............

Then he will put his arms around Sam Maguire and fall back to sleep Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Kavanaghs goal of course but also Kavanaghs free on the sideline against Monaghan.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass1928
Junior A
Junior A
shortgrass1928

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:31 pm

I think it was the dublin centre half back scored a point on saturday from about 50m out, excellent score. Is it just me or has there been a resurgence in long range point taking, or "hail Mary" shooting as our Mayo friends call it, this year. It is great to see and you can really here the roars at matches when somebody scores from 40 or 50m out.

Jimmers must have ice running through his veins because most lads would just have blasted it. I was sh*tting myself just looking at him Shocked
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Jimmers goal hands down
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:20 pm

Callaghans left foot point against Derry was technically excellent, popped it in a unique style -or maybe Mcstay would call it unnatural(fool). Against the strong wind either side of his foot and the wind would have taken it.
The next one from O Neill was' nt half bad either.
Jimmers Goal was perfection
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:23 pm

smith goal in derry. and all holy mary points in croker against monaghan
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:37 pm

JD's first point (I think) against Antrim in Casement, Jimmers goal is goal of the year and his point against Monaghan was sublime, all three are up there.

Kildare have been one of the most enjoyable footballing teams this year. Full of free flowing football and super skill!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:53 am

shortgrass1928 wrote:
I think it was the dublin centre half back scored a point on saturday from about 50m out, excellent score. Is it just me or has there been a resurgence in long range point taking, or "hail Mary" shooting as our Mayo friends call it, this year. It is great to see and you can really here the roars at matches when somebody scores from 40 or 50m out.

Jimmers must have ice running through his veins because most lads would just have blasted it. I was sh*tting myself just looking at him Shocked

Great point shortgrass... it has to come into play more now with teams funnelling players behind the ball and playing sweepers... they're challenging teams to have a pop from distance... if those shots start going over, they have to start coming out. So I'd say there's a lot of practice on kicking from distance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???   Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greatest Piece Of Skill This Season???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next