Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Split Season

Go down 
+8
CILLDara 1998
Gaa1928
Rex
Badger85
White Bridge
topcat
Botch
GoDownOnIt
12 posters
AuthorMessage
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 9:00 pm

So the split season will come into effect in 2022. This really is a huge shift for the GAA and I very much welcome it.

Assuming the pandemic is over, what do you think the club calender will look like in 2022?

Maybe back training around Paddy's day, league starts in May and played up to semi final stage, championship starts mid august and is done in about 8 weeks max, leagues then finished out by end of October and the whole thing is wrapped up.

I like the sound of that and I think it will really boost the critical thing at club level.... player participation... no more back training in early Jan, league dragging on until November, championship first or prelim round in April and nothing then until Sept... happy days if you sak me and well done to all for getting htis over the line.

TheGeneral likes this post

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 8:12 am

I think its brilliant
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 8:59 pm

This won't happen, club managers will want to commence training in early January as usual.  

If its not enforced the same in every county this won't happen.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 2:50 am

I think this is a really good idea but I think they need to be something guaranteeing no club comps will start before May. This will mean a proper off season for club players, I presume provincial and All-Ireland club comps will be played from Nov-Dec.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 9:44 pm

topcat wrote:
I think this is a really good idea but I think they need to be something guaranteeing no club comps will start before May. This will mean a proper off season for club players, I presume provincial and All-Ireland club comps will be played from Nov-Dec.

Agree broadly with this topcat but in my opinion club league shouldn't start before May. I would allow your Aldridge cup warm up tournaments etc. in April. Bright evenings come in the first week of April and I reckon most lads be mad for ball at that stage!
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 7:10 pm

Straight knock out for the championship. That’s basically telling the leinster teams that they’ll have no meaningful championship game until next year..
I feel sorry for the players. A county career is relatively short these days. It’s hard for them to commit to the team training they’re asked to do, knowing full well it’ll be a short summer.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 7:34 pm

Dublin given all the advantages off the pitch and now cheating on the pitch. Throw in a knock out Championship and the GAA have royally screwed every Leinster County.

The only thing going for them is no crowds to hide the obvious , because who in their right mind would spend hard gotten money on this shit show.

The league is all I'm interested in, after that, nothing.

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 7:38 pm

The league 3 group games

Then you either have league semi final or league relegation semi final
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 8:21 pm

All will be revealed when the draw for Leinster is made, get Dublin early and our club championship could be starting in early July.
Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 8:27 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
All will be revealed when the draw for Leinster is made, get Dublin early and our club championship could be starting in early July.
kildare can’t met Dublin until Leinster semi final

Gaa1928 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2022 9:43 pm

I went back to find this thread as I am kinda sick of this debate going one way.
The three boys on the Sunday Game Live (Daly, Donal Óg and Liam Sheedy) all went against it last week talking about the shop window and kids not seeing their stars v the foreign sports.

Anthony Daly said the Dublin SHC isn't starting till September and it turns out it's August 6th! Everyone all nodding along.
Westmeath hurlers were spoken about with kids asking for hurls to be signed. A game barely given a mention in the highlights show by the by!

This week I see on Twitter that Kerry players didn't speak at their press night and Galway Hurlers aren't even having one.

The one advantage the GAA has is that the lads are local and accessible if the managers allow them to be. Like the kids can watch a YouTube reel of Daniel Flynn and then get a selfie on the pitch in Tullamore. That's what needs to be harnessed more.

This week people are saying we are going up against Leinster and the Champions League. Leinster fair enough is at the same time, but in a different country so the pub merchants will just double screen.
The Champions League is on at 8pm!

A lot of these arguments don't stack up and the split season isn't near over so why can't people wait.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 2:31 am

What's the verdict now?
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 7:12 pm

Flamingo wrote:
What's the verdict now?

i like it and really looking forward to the games this weekend, this is a great time of the year to be able to play your club championship and it doesnt have to be rushed and still should be over by end of september
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 8:58 pm

It seems that Donal Óg is on his second go at giving out about it. Pat Spillane hates it too...so they are two massive plusses for me! Very Happy

Joking aside the clubs have their teams in a settled shape and now they all get a good run at at. There's daylight too and more options for venues and the likes on a nice summer evening.

The county players all seem to want the games coming thick and fast and the club lads can actually plan a few things over the summer too.

I would still like an extra week or so if it was a runner to get us into August as the GAA could own that.

Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 10:52 pm

Personally I’m a big fan. A full round of club championship played last week in glorious sunshine, another round coming up this weekend meaning there will be 2 rounds played before the end of July. This is the peak time to play football and thankfully club players are not sitting idle. It also gives county players knocked out early to go away on holidays and enjoy their summer. These young men give huge dedication and commitment to play at the highest level so the least they deserve is a schedule that enables them to enjoy their life. RTÉ spinning the usual narrative about the promotion of the games, if they cared that much about promoting the games they’d show club championship games and county league games! That’s normally TG4 job.

centreback likes this post

Back to top Go down
Carbury legend
Junior A
Junior A

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 11:59 pm

[quote="FlourBag_1"]Personally I’m a big fan. A full round of club championship played last week in glorious sunshine, another round coming up this weekend meaning there will be 2 rounds played before the end of July. This is the peak time to play football and thankfully club players are not sitting idle. It also gives county players knocked out early to go away on holidays and enjoy their summer. These young men give huge dedication and commitment to play at the highest level so the least they deserve is a schedule that enables them to enjoy their life. RTÉ spinning the usual narrative about the promotion of the games, if they cared that much about promoting the games they’d show club championship games and county league games! That’s normally TG4 job. [/quote)
rte show provincial club games
club championship games normal streamed by county board with doesn't happen in kildare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Split Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split Season   Split Season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Split Season
Page 1 of 1