Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

END OF THE SEASON

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

END OF THE SEASON Empty
PostSubject: END OF THE SEASON   END OF THE SEASON Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:21 am

Tough on the girls having to face Donegal at an Ulster venue, with an Ulster referee and Ulster linespersons & umpires ( who were cheering Donegal scores) just 5 days after the draining win over Laois.

With Brianne & Louise Keatley sidelined with injury and a few others playing through the pain ( Aine G & Donna especially) the tank was empty. Everyone gave a mighty effort and the Siobhan had just over an hour to get to Ballyholland for the camogie game v Down. So unfair to her & Louise to fix that Caogie game on a "football" date thats been known since last October. Could they not have played tomorrow.

Well done all. Enjoy the club champ.
Back to top Go down

END OF THE SEASON Empty
PostSubject: Re: END OF THE SEASON   END OF THE SEASON Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:39 pm

That's a whole lot of excuses in one paragraph.

At least the important part of the season can get under way now. Hopefully clubs haven't been too inconvenienced by the messing aroun with fixtures
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

END OF THE SEASON Empty
PostSubject: Re: END OF THE SEASON   END OF THE SEASON Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Given that you were complaining all year about Brianne not being in the panel, Whitelass, I'm sure you acknowledge her loss against Donegal?

Good to have championship under way soon now. Obviously the fixture situation was unavoidable once they had been fixed initially. And all the clubs were aware that if Kildare would win, there would be a postponement. So there was no problem there. As ever though - just like in the men's - it suits some and won't suit others.

Looking forward to see how it goes now.
Back to top Go down

END OF THE SEASON Empty
PostSubject: Re: END OF THE SEASON   END OF THE SEASON Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Absolutely agree that Brianne would've been a loss. But read all his other excuses.

1. Playing Donegal 2. Ulster Referee 3. Ulster Linesmen + Umpires 4. 5 days after playing Laois
5. Injuries and tiredness 6. Camogie fixtures.

Of course injuries and loss of players will always be a factor, but they're part of the game and the reason why the best panel has to be assembled. BUt the rest, to me, is just whinging. Many of the match reports that I have read throughout the years - as a player AND a spectator - have been the same. A few lines about the match but paragraphs about a referee or official who cost his team the game.

It seem the management team put in lace after the league were on the right track. Makes you wonder why a full and proper search wasn't conduvted in the first place. Shows up the former chairmans self appointments even more!!

Is it dangerous to assume that they will be kept in place?

Delighted to see the important part of the season has come around and all the club championship games have gotten under way. Long may it continue!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

END OF THE SEASON Empty
PostSubject: Re: END OF THE SEASON   END OF THE SEASON Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:24 am

Agree, I'm sick of the 'referee/officials screwing us' excuses. That's like 'the full-back took out our poor star player' excuse, but 'our full-back took out their star player, tee-hee'.

I don't know, I'd be more inclined to credit the former chairman/current manager for recognising changes needed to be made and for making them. It's an acknowledgement that what was in place wasn't succeeding. It's good to see the ego didn't get in the way.

Hopefully they will be kept in place but the big issue might be the availability of everyone.

Also looking forward to seeing how the club championship will pan out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

END OF THE SEASON Empty
PostSubject: Re: END OF THE SEASON   END OF THE SEASON Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

END OF THE SEASON
Page 1 of 1