Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland Championship's so far.........

Go down 
+20
FearBan
shoutitout
kelf
Come on the Boys in Blue
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
Big Full Back
TheBigFullForward
Ogie
Taibi
Gaffer
flourman
tomcruise
kickingking
MD
hawker
ChopperDalton
browser
lilywhites on tour
Stonecold
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:19 am

kickingking wrote:
As I've posted previously on this thread - the championship really doesn't start until the quarter finals in August. It doesn't matter what route you take to get there and recent results suggest that the qualifier route is actually advantageous to a team. Kildare are still there with a fighting chance.

There's fifteen other teams in the qualifiers and only four more will be added to that in the next three weeks. Apart from the Munster final losers and probably Tyrone, I don't think there'll be any team in there that Kildare wouldn't be favourites to beat. Sure there are a few other teams like Laois, Meath, Armagh and Down that you wouldn't be entirely confident of beating, but you have to face these teams and beat them if you have any ambitions of getting to quarter finals, semis etc.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:20 am

kickingking wrote:
As I've posted previously on this thread - the championship really doesn't start until the quarter finals in August. It doesn't matter what route you take to get there and recent results suggest that the qualifier route is actually advantageous to a team. Kildare are still there with a fighting chance.

There's fifteen other teams in the qualifiers and only four more will be added to that in the next three weeks. Apart from the Munster final losers and probably Tyrone, I don't think there'll be any team in there that Kildare wouldn't be favourites to beat. Sure there are a few other teams like Laois, Meath, Armagh and Down that you wouldn't be entirely confident of beating, but you have to face these teams and beat them if you have any ambitions of getting to quarter finals, semis etc.

Totally agree
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:39 am

Kerry's 4th string mid-field vs unknown Cork mid-field, Dublin have a poor mid-field, Kildare have a make shift mid-field one wonders who has the best in the country at the moment??

Declan O'Suillivan put a smile on my face, wonder will the "Star" get suspended..........
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:20 am

The Star get suspended

No way , its a medal for hitting that total idiot. O'Leary, he should get, but only silver as O'Leary was able to walk away.

Of course neither ref or O'Reilly was interested in the bit where O'Leary had a head-lock on Star, before Star got free to lauch the kung foo kick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:04 pm

When did this star nickname come about??
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Think it is from his basketball but not 100%

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 pm

TheBigFullForward wrote:
When did this star nickname come about??

When he was younger he used to wear an Orlando Magic jacket with a big star on the back of it around Tralee so he was christened 'Star'
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:25 pm

kelf wrote:

The Star get suspended

No way , its a medal for hitting that total idiot. O'Leary, he should get, but only silver as O'Leary was able to walk away.

Very grown up! Course he should be banned. The GAA's rule that means the ref can't over turn a decision is ridiculous. Obviously aimed to make the ref's decision final and undisputable but it's a disgrace.
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Well well.. we are truly in the thick of it now! Must say was amused by Dublin yesterday, barely won that, just by the scruff of the neck.

Wexford really messed up mid way through that second half, terrible goal to give a way, have to blame the keeper, was his ball and should have been very clear about that. They must be sick that the haven't lifted the Delaney Cup yesterday. Might not get an oppurtunity like that for a while, saying that they will have a couple more games yet I'd say.

Anyway back to Dublin, they have taken a step back yesterday, very unconvincing, really lacked confidence and ruthlessness in the last third, which was evident by the early substitution of O'Connell and of course the 'Golden child been substituted in the second half', he is not on form this season and that could spell trouble for the Dubs. Alan, however is in the form of his life at the moment and deserves his two man of the match performances IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:21 am

why would you be amused? They beat Kildare, they're Leinster champions and they didn't even play well. Most of them boys have more Leinster medals than Kildare have won in nearly 100 years. Dublin cared so little about that trophy that Cullen said the season starts here and some of the players didn't even hang around for the presentation. Been there, done that.

Wexford blew it of course but it's about who's on top at the end. To me, nothing much changed. Dublin are as they are. A couple of very good forwards, average midfield, very hard to break down. Strong, physical, very, very fit. They are semi-final candidates, but not likely to win the All-Ireland. Knock them all you want but twice in two years Kildare have played them with 14 men for a lengthy period and failed to beat them. I thought they'd win on both days, and think Kildare might be three in the country right now - in that ball park anyway - but it's about getting the result. And Dublin one yesterday - and that's even with Bernard Brogan having his worst game in ages. In contrast, Alan Brogan is having his best season in years.
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:53 am

Amused for exactly that, they won the Leinster final with a very poor performance, a performance that will not carry them over the line in the all Ireland series...Dublin must become ruthless! the stepped up against Kildare and stepped down against Wexford and thats not to take from Wexford but on the overall scheme of things I would not have expected them to just falter over the line as they did yesterday..
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Dublin beat us because it is in their psyche.They know that they will beat us. Put them against a team outside of Leinster who do not give a shit about them and they will struggle. If they get Cork or Tyrone in the 1/4 finals , they are gone simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:18 am

I'd say your probably right to Tom.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:02 am

Fair to say any team coming out of the qualifiers will want Mayo in the quarters. Even allowing for the dreadful conditions, it was poor fare. The execution of the most basic skills in the game was shocking.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 am

Wexford, Mayo, Roscommon, Donegal & Derry are all muck.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:14 am

After watching the 4 provincial finals now I think it's clear that Cork and Kerry are a step above everyone else. It's hard to see either of those being beaten by anyone apart from each other in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:16 am

I still think Kerry are in a league of their own, They are too slick and classy for anyone in this country and Imo will run away with the All Ireland especially after losing it last year.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:23 am

Winning Munster doesn't suit Kerry plus they don't have a mid-field. Cork stumbled to an All-Ireland last year and I still say their biggest obstackle is their manager. Tyrone have a big match left in them....... depending on the draw top 5 in my humble opinion is Cork/Kerry, Kildare, Tyrone & Dublin.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:27 am

I think we will beat Derry next week and if we avoid Kerry I can see us making a semi. Mayo and Donegal are average at best while I still think we're as good as Dublin.
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:53 am

I agree with the above posts... It's now a big two instead of three... We're near the top of the chasing pack at the moment.. Wouldn't say we're at the front of it yet tho! Sorry to say it but we're short a class forward to go all the way...Hopefully fogarty and dowling develop into free scoring forwards...
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:41 pm

Beat Derry ,then beat mayo in quarters followed by beating the winners of dongeal and wexford in the semis! Before beating kerry by a point in the all ireland final, thats how kildares summer will pan out......
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:05 am

Cork hmmmm never rated Counihan...................
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:30 am

Cork missing forwards. Great peformance by Mayo all the same,Kerry will still hammer them.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:48 am

Fair play to Mayo, delighted for them. I think Tyrone are the ones to watch out for now.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 am

So who does everyone want to see win the All-Ireland now?

I'd love to see Mayo win it after all the criticism they have got this year although I cant see that happening, the smart money is on Kerry I would say.

If the Dubs manage to win it I think I would have to emigrate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Championship's so far.........   All Ireland Championship's so far......... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Championship's so far.........
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next