Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mac Enaney ready to retire

Go down 
+8
tomcruise
KILL BILL
Lily8
koko39
kartman
overthebar
kelf
lilywhites on tour
12 posters
AuthorMessage
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Mac Enaney ready to retire Empty
PostSubject: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:49 am

Taken from Hoganstand
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=153391

Well I must admit that I am delighted, sure he never did us ANY favours. Disagree with me if ye want but thats what I think of him.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:34 am

No loss, used his own rules which never did either of my counties any favours.

There are one or two other northies who could go as well without doing more harm !!!!

Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:47 am

Good riddance to him, he never gave us anything since greezer took over us, there's a few more who could go with him also....... Mad
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:54 am

Never did us any favours but still probably the best referee of last ten years or so.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:16 am

I thought he had retired
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:25 am

Pity he didn't go this time last year!
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:38 pm

High on profile, low on actual refereeing quality, I will not miss him, to this day Liam McHale said he will cross the road to avoid him such was his disgust after McEneaney sent him off wrongly against Meath in the AI final. good riddance.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Our game against Down last year was to be his last but when he realised what a balls he made of the square ball decision ( after looking at the big screen in reality ) , he came back for a year to repair his reputation. A few Down people have since infomed me that he has business interests in the county so that explained everything for me.

I saw him on the committee room recentkly and I thaught what an obnoxious little man.I hope he enjoys his retirement. lol!
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:26 am

We never won a championship match with him in charge.

See ya now and make sure and close the door behind you.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:26 am

Jaysus well im glad to see ye agree! I thought there would be a few of ye that would disagree, but as ive said before he did us no favours.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 am

Just to give an alternative opinion, I always thought he was one of the best around. I know we've come out the wrong end of some of his decisions but nobody gets it right all the time. If you ref as long as he did the law of averages dictates that you're going to piss off most Counties at one time or another.

On the whole I think he was good for the game and if there were more referees like him there wouldn't be as much giving out about the standard of refereeing.

Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 am

Have to agree with the posts here lads. Always thought him being regarded as the best in the business wasnt merited. Saw him on the commitee room and he seemed ta believe his own hype. Won't lose any sleep with him retiring at all
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:50 am

Fear An Geata wrote:
Just to give an alternative opinion, I always thought he was one of the best around. I know we've come out the wrong end of some of his decisions but nobody gets it right all the time. If you ref as long as he did the law of averages dictates that you're going to piss off most Counties at one time or another.

On the whole I think he was good for the game and if there were more referees like him there wouldn't be as much giving out about the standard of refereeing.

Have to agree with you Fear.... I always thought he did matches without standing out. Some of the current crop could take a leaf out of his book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac Enaney ready to retire   Mac Enaney ready to retire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mac Enaney ready to retire
Page 1 of 1